What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Looks good! ;)

It's funny, because I did the exact same to my dime...

NICE! I kinda want the visor, but I'll be pushing my racks back a bit since I have more roof real-estate, so a visor with the racks pushed back might look funny :blink: hmmm~

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got about halfway on a head gasket change before I ran into a lack of parts issue and wrapped up early. I had oil leaking out between cyl 3 and 4 on the passenger side. Oil on cyl 3 plug. Did a compression test and got 156-166 PSI with 166PSI coming out the 3rd cylinder. thought that was odd, ripped off the head and found that the head gasket that the previous owner installed had cocked to the side a bit as the block has no dowel pins to hold it in place. Timing guides are eaten up pretty good, and I can't find parts stores to buy one so I have to wait on that before I finish it. Also, need to wait for the machine shop to open up so I can get some new dowel pins in it. I don't want the head gasket shifting out of place later on down the road.

z9mjJ.jpg

I252G.jpg

jhNks.jpg

Today I got new tune chips for my ECU. The chips will correct fuel, air flow and timing for my SR20DE T28R, this is for the most recent changes to bigger turbo, bigger Maxima mass airflow sensor N60 , lower compression 8.5:1 to run pump gas, and Purple 370cc injectors.

Today, I sat in a chair, smoked a cigarette and stared down my L20B to make it my bitch.

Soon, it'll be replaced with a KA24DE, so for the time being, being my bitch and all, it will have to last me. So far, so good.

After I decided that the L20B wasn't going to talk back, I went on the inside and made the heater control switch/cable assembly my bitch. It is now a perfectly functioning. The stupid cable for the floor vent broke off at it's odd 90/90/180 degree bend, so I simply removed the broken piece, took up the slack, stuck it in the hole and bent it back so it can't fall out. Works like a charm. Why this wasn't done from the factory, I'll never know.

Cleaned up my door switches, as on occasion the dome light wouldn't kick on. They work fine now. All corroded and such... I wonder if there's a better aftermarket solution out there somewhere? I see that they are just ground switches, but the driver's side has this double-contact assembly on the back for some reason. Two wire, the passenger side is a single wire. Is this normal??

Greased up my obnoxious clutch pedal pivot. Bahhhhvtakbaaa *sqeeeeeeak* bahhhhhhhhh. No more squeaky, but I lost 13 horsepower due to vtak squeak.

I guess all that's left is bypassing my heater so I don't fill my floorpan with antifreeze and get the heater fixed some time before this fall.

On a different note... anybody ever had an issue with their turn signals being about half as bright as their hazard lights? If I have the hazards on, the lights are like 3x brighter than my turn signals are. I cleaned the T/S switch, getting the same voltage through the hazards as I am the turn signals...at the switches. Could it be time for a new flasher unit? I am unsure how all that gremlin ridden electronic crap works when it comes to that flasher. I have a stock'er in there still. Electronic one maybe?

I dunno.

/end rambling

I like adding all kinds of gauges, but I've had a challenge with available dash real estate - there's just not enough practical space to install a bunch of gauges.

A while back, I picked up a set of 280z gauges (volt/fuel) (temp/oil), which I really liked specifically because of combined readings.

I've begun work on getting them installed onto a skeleton of a 510 dash:

Mock-up #1 (that's also a 280z speedometer)

gauges_01.jpg

Mock-up #2 (includes sunpro tach and O2 sensor)

gauges_02.jpg

In the car

gauges_03.jpg

Partially functioning gauges (need to throw in a dash voltage regulator)

gauges_04.jpg

I'm handy with sheet metal, and I'm beginning to learn to play with fiberglass and bondo, so this will look more "finished" as I progress. I may install additional gauges (vacuum, fuel pressure, etc., etc.) just because I like to micromanage all the processes in my car, so I can't do the finishing work until all that gets settled.

I cut my lokar cable and test fit it.

Still gotta perfect the connection to the pedal.

img20110628155543.jpg

I did the lokar kit also. What I did at the pedal was welded a 1 inch square piece of metel at the top, and drilled a hole in it, then bolted th es cable to it. That way I could keep the ball on it, just in case I wanted to switch back to the old setup! Works GREAT.

I did the lokar kit also. What I did at the pedal was welded a 1 inch square piece of metel at the top, and drilled a hole in it, then bolted th es cable to it. That way I could keep the ball on it, just in case I wanted to switch back to the old setup! Works GREAT.

Ah, I already drilled out the ball... mellow.gif All my stock linkage is incomplete. I'm going to use a 1 inch or so 4-6mm bolt + 3 nuts to center the cable end for the stock linkage hole in the firewall.

Should work fine, I also perfected the modded stock linkage for the cable mount. I'll post some pics when the setup is done, should be pretty clean.

Moved mounting spot for the license plate. New spot will have a light...;) Even though I have had cops follow me with no problems so far. I had this bracket laying around for a few years wondered what to use it on. The PO mounted the plate on a long hinge, riveted to the bumper mount.....it would swing in the wind.:P

IMAG1067.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwNzkuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzEwODAuanBn.jpg

IMAG1082.jpg

IMAG1084.jpg

IMAG1086.jpg

IMAG1088.jpg

Also playing around with the idea of using a 510 lic plate light.......the holes on that plastic mount matched up perfect with the holes in the bumper. :D

IMAG1087.jpg

ha! I love that hinge-mounted licence plate. The idea of it flapping around makes me happy.

I actually have mine tied to the bumper w/ coat-hanger wire, so it not only flaps, but it also slides left to right over time.

That bracket you've got it probably a better option, but not nearly as fun.