What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

Went to a Luau with the family today, Was nice to drive Art with the kids. Really impressed with how they ride in her, my son is very gentle in her, he doesnt mess with anything, also no toys, food, or shoes allowed when in the back LOL.  Daughter just pass's out.  Nice to take the family out in her.

510art.jpg

All tuckered out. 

Also seemed to get some bad super from chevron, she was pinging and felt like studdering, got some octane booster in and now shes fine. Ive never gotten bad super from chevron, so just seems really weird.  

• Like 2
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Installed a new alternator and drove her to a meet.

1001319_10200911967337312_1273226788_n.j

That reminds me...

Turns out my GPS Speedo thingy has a 1/4 mile ET and 0 to 60mph logger dealie.

I'm gonna have to check that out.

I know one other setting it has.

Peak.

112 it says.

So far.

^ Yah i had that happen to my se-r that i had a sr20ve in, whent to a 76 station i dont normally go to because i was low on fuel. The chevron i go to is alwasy very busy by the mall, so would surprise me with their fuel at that one.  But i had to open and drain my tank on my se-r, replaced fuel pump when i was in there LOL.  Hate opening tanks.

I received this carpet kit the other day:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-510-1970-1975-BLACK-LOOP-CARPET-CRAZY-PRICE-/390607370910?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5af2037a9e&vxp=mtr

I haven't installed it all yet, but I test fit the driver's side floor piece and it seemed to fit pretty well though I'll probably have to relocate where my gas pedal is attached to the floor. I put it in place and it seems as though it should be fine, so no big deal.

The carpet looks to be pretty decent quality - loop style with padding and definitely heavier than some of the others being sold. The small piece that goes on the rear seat shelf isn't bound, but I don't think that's too big of a deal.

I'll add another post with pics when I've gotten it installed or at least all test fit but so far I'm pretty happy with it.

Carpetkit_zps9bf956b9.jpg

Switched out my GL taillights for stock taillights. Also removed both license plate lastes and mocked up my garnish. Looks pretty great. No pictures right now as I was doing it at night for cooler weather. 

Looked great, completed pictures in the morning.

Tore Purples dash apart today in my spare time. Found the wiring issue, power surge and melted a wire that was apparently baddly done in the first place (got to love others handiwork) Cut it, re did the wire the CORRECT WAY, and now tach, rear window defrost switch , stereo, cig lighter, and map light all work again, and no more burning smell. THANK GOD ITS FIXED!

Put the extra seatbelt back in the back thats been missing for like 25 years lol, and put my sons car seat in tonight, just have to switch my daughters back and forth unless i get another car seat which i may try to do so i dont have to switch at all.  She can finally be driven again without me worrying about fucking anything up in the harness. 

Used the power of FIRE yesterday to work on the 510 :)  Burned out the last rubber bushings on the car, the mustache bar.  Now to pop in the poly items that have been in a bag for ever...

I gotta do that too. Not looking forward to it.

Might do some welding while I am there too (e-brake cable brackets).

Might wait 'till winter.

Still not sure if I'm going to use it, but I cleaned up and painted the 720 console I picked up a while back. It was originally tan and came out pretty good. I also put more sound deadener down and inside one of the doors and what a difference - the door feels so much more solid now.

720console_zpsf638d26c.jpg

Still not sure if I'm going to use it, but I cleaned up and painted the 720 console I picked up a while back. It was originally tan and came out pretty good. I also put more sound deadener down and inside one of the doors and what a difference - the door feels so much more solid now.

720console_zpsf638d26c.jpg

I'm just about to do this with a 620 console, sound deadening too. Super excited, I'd love to be able to hear my music on the freeway  :rofl:

Put her back together...waiting for for some odds and ends before the motor swap.

Test fitted/installed new bumpers, gauge cluster, tail lights. She came together real nice, makes me not want to paint her....

Been driving for the past 4 days and loving it...:)

• Like 1