What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couldn’t wait to complete my 510 street car to see how my new VTO wheels would look on it, so I dragged out my racecar and put them on it. It’s a 1971 Datsun 510 SCCA ITC car, in all its molested glory. (What can I say, I’m a VTO dealer so you have to have wheels of each style.)

Classic 8's - Black - 15x6 +24 with 195/50-15 Dunlops

vintage%20510%20-%20classic%208%20-%20rear%203%20qtr.jpg

Retro 4's - Silver - 14x5.5 +22 with 185/60-14 Sumitomos

vintage%20510%20-%20retro%204%20-%20rear%203%20qtr.jpg

Took it for a spin to check AFR after installing Innovate LC-1 wideband. Readings WOT 11.5 - 12.1 Cruise 14.8 -15.5 Idle 14.4-15.1. Leans out between shifts and gas off pedal. Dies off at decelerating and quick braking.

Messing around with IAVC adjustment screw. If I rich up the idle anywhere between 13-14 and rev it up then dips to 500, lights flicker tand dies off. Anything below 12 stumbles at idle. When I lean it out between 15.5-16.5 and rev it up then it dips to about 700rpm and steadies up to1000rpm.

fixed the throttle return spring issue... looking at it trying to figure out how and where to tap this water injection kit and hating it and loving it and ahhhhhhh im going crazy damn datsuns

There is an article on this in the Import Tuner Issue#142. Here are two best location according to the article.

Charge Pipe: Placing the injection nozzle as far from the cylinders as possible on the intake charge pipe allows for the water/methanol mixture to be better absorbed into the intake air charge. This allows for greater distribution into each cylinder, creating the coolest possible air charge.

Throttle Body: The most common location to place anozzle is three to six inches from the throttle body. Nozzle should spray directly into throttle body and never mounted on before tight radius bend.

• 2 weeks later...

Since i didn`t have to go buy that dual solex wagon today tongue.gif

We installed a rear window

BEFORE

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ075.jpg

AFTER

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ084.jpg

And a couple of you on here may claim this last oic is photochopped

IT`S NOT YOU BASTARDS!...i told you i had just started cleaning garage

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ074.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I repainted the interior of my Datsun.

Stripped her down...and taped her up...

002.jpg

003.jpg

Pushed her out and got to work...

005.jpg

Back in the garage and reassembling...

008.jpg

011-1.jpg

I am a fan of this car and am glad to see it getting the love! I love how industrial the dash is. Not sure if you re going back to stock, but man it is cool!

Well ,I FINALLY have the 78 510 to the point where anything else I do will be towards reassembly. I actually believe it is all torn down. I worked long hours this weekend finishing the teardown and now I am starting on the painting. The engine is "BUILT" and waiting to go back in....The upholstery will be started next.....just so I can "jamb" it the final color which is awesome,,,,, been awhile since I did anything to it, so it's cool to be working on it again... It'll be a fun project for sure.

Cleaning the car now just a quick vaccum and going to go get some floor mats.

Bre_datsun how did you like wrapping your header? I notice wrap works very well with good results

i love it... no more pinging on 91 with 10.29:1 compression well the wrap and a couple other things