What did you do to your dime today?

Mesh-71

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the slotted crossmember and front crossmember back of the car today to take it to sandblast and powdercoating. I think I may have figured out more about my shocks. While it is mostly written in japanese, there is a KYB at the bottom but the top says dr de carbon systems. Maybe it was a de carbon design that was produced by KYB at some point.

Those are the OEM shocks.   ;)

They should have a spiral groove in the top section?

Definitely not OEM. Body of the shock is upside down and just has a straight chrome rod as the upper section.

Mostly finished with my ZX strut swap - lowered about 1.5" to go with the 2" block I got from Joel in the rear. Not as low as some might go, but I like the look.

20140213_160710_zps15d9fef9.jpg

Fan freakin tastic!!!!

Care to share how you got 13" steelies to fit over the ZX brakes? I did it once, but it required 1" spacers and some grinding on the caliper...

Mostly finished with my ZX strut swap - lowered about 1.5" to go with the 2" block I got from Joel in the rear. Not as low as some might go, but I like the look.

20140213_160710_zps15d9fef9.jpg

so after 46 years the spring that holds tension on the front brake pads gave up 

one corner of the clip broke and it was loose and rubbing the rim so we fixed her up 

also the window mechanism was getting stiff so I took the door apart and lubed it up 

photobucket-15971-1393134231069_zps156e0

photobucket-15432-1393134243105_zpsf1ecf

the new 42 year old part photobucket-26738-1393134263657_zps431e6photobucket-25096-1393134276815_zpsd459b

• Like 1

1662336_10153882600460331_1385250277_n_z

Art is at doctor Dan's getting worked on.  He said my dizzy is fucked up and he needs to rebuild it, its acting up bad and timing is bouncing around like crazy. Also the accelerator pump on the new carb is not working right, so he will get it fixed by the end of the week. Then going to send national carb the bill. 

^^^^^^^^^ nice color   do you have the color code on the core support it is the same color as my car 

Sorry I missed this before. I can't quite make out the number on the tag. Do you know if the '68 has the number stamped into the metal under the tag like later year cars? 

I'll try to clean it again and see if I can see the number better...