Phlebmaster's Fairlady 240Z Evolution

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have found my paint. DuPont ready mixed at AutoZone for 22.50 a quart. They have the colors and the clear I need to make my car look something like this.....

2nlspap.jpg

Yeah... I like that MUCH better! It will run me only 200.00 to do that too! Now I have my front air dam on it's way from Texas via Greyhound.

I can't wait for Canby next year...I won't be the ugliest Z there anymore. hahahaha

I have found my paint. DuPont ready mixed at AutoZone for 22.50 a quart. They have the colors and the clear I need to make my car look something like this.....

2nlspap.jpg

Yeah... I like that MUCH better! It will run me only 200.00 to do that too! Now I have my front air dam on it's way from Texas via Greyhound.

I can't wait for Canby next year...I won't be the ugliest Z there anymore. hahahaha

You did not have the most ugly z there this year...........Beware the Black Pearl!!!

Got motivated by that BRE car. Started back up on the bodywork. lol

I ran out of cream hardener. :( I backed the bondo glass with a special fiberglass strip and that should keep a good grip on it. I will do more after I sand this stuff down and go over everything I need to with the regular smooth bondo.

rba73m.jpg

Got bored tonight and decided to shave my side markers and fill those rear bumper bolt holes. :)

I backed the side marker holes with galvanized steel plates riveted on and then silicone to prevent moisture. Now I will do some more finish sanding and fix any inperfections.

2v2w2kj.jpg

4vfhap.jpg

34dflv4.jpg

1pjafo.jpg

2h5mslx.jpg

The stuff you are working with looks real easy, is it just bondo? I haven't done any body work before but I have an old beater scout I'm going to try a patch panel on. It had a horribly messy spot done up with bondo or something like that and it's just splitting and nasty.

The stuff you are working with looks real easy, is it just bondo? I haven't done any body work before but I have an old beater scout I'm going to try a patch panel on. It had a horribly messy spot done up with bondo or something like that and it's just splitting and nasty.

Yes it is pretty easy to work with. I used one layer of bondo glass then another of regular smooth bondo over that.

I sand it down and add small amounts to build it up. That thick layer is just to get it started and filled in, I sand most of that off and then the hard part begins...working out the inperfections. lol

:lol::lol:

DOT requirement to have a rear red and amber front side markers. I don't know why they are required...I guess so someone can tell if you're coming or going??

I can see why they have them for airplanes by why cars? :blink:

DOT requirement to have a rear red and amber front side markers. I don't know why they are required...I guess so someone can tell if you're coming or going??

I can see why they have them for airplanes by why cars? :blink:

Well, if I get nailed for it then I guess I will have to put in some cool looking flush mount LED lights. ;)

My truck is a 89 and it doesn't have side markers, there are a lot of cars that don't have them. Always thought it was front and rear needed by law.

Is it a state thing? Or year?

Mine Z's are long gone.