Phlebmaster's Fairlady 240Z Evolution

hehe, poor phleb, its not ur fault she got ur good looks :) hehehhe :fu::lol::lol::lol: ok lets stop teasin him cause by now i'd be getting noid

anyway i think maybe im not seein the mufflerless video... can we get one if there already isnt one, an if there is one can i be directed to it cause im not seein it..

Thanks for stopping the teasing. ;)

Here is how the exhaust is now and the way I like it...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I was doing bodywork this weekend...well, here is after some serious sanding, de-rusting, Bondo Glass, and primer. :D

That bondo glass dries really fast :eek: I had to re mix it several times because it would harden so fast. :lol:

Not too bad for 4 hours work. ;) I finish sanding and primer tomorrow. I will wait on the paint because I have a friend with a compressor and paint gun. I will do this car the right way....no spray can job this time. :D I like this car way too much.

23lig06.jpg

25k7by0.jpg

1q3jph.jpg

9rubs5.jpg

fa68m0.jpg

vanpj.jpg

vyxy0w.jpg

2qtye03.jpg

u can get some cheap stuff at hb, 10-20$ guns.. Which if u have an air compressor would make it very handy..

you know for the amount of rattle can paint you lay down on your cars it may be wise to invest in a cheap gravity feed set up. :D

i will wait on the paint because i have a friend with a compressor and paint gun. I will do this car the right way....no spray can job this time. :D i like this car way too much.

:)

Ya I read that but you still rattled the primer, even with the cheaper guns you at least get proper coverage. You also have a choice in build height and seal. I mean if you plan to re prime later or what not cool but I wouldn't trust a rattle can prime for :poop:

Just trying to help.

Ya I read that but you still rattled the primer, even with the cheaper guns you at least get proper coverage. You also have a choice in build height and seal. I mean if you plan to re prime later or what not cool but I wouldn't trust a rattle can prime for :poop:

Just trying to help.

:D I agree, I am just getting the bare metal I exposed today covered untill I can find my paint. I will use a high quality "filling" primer before I get paint on her though.

My friend is a professional painter...so I will be in good hands. :)

Look what I just got today!! :D Now I can do the paint the right way.

5e95vq.jpg

Campbell Hausfeld Siphon-Feed Spray Gun

Model DH6500

SPECIFICATIONS

Model DH6500. Sprays enamel, lacquer, stain or urethane for customizing and restoring. Features adjustable pattern control. Minimum 3.5 HP recommended. Average 6.8 SCFM @ 40 PSI.

Features

Pattern control adjusts fan size

Fluid control regulates amount of paint sprayed

External mix air cap included

Perfect for customizing and restoring automobiles, trucks, and motorcycles

Sprays lacquer, enamel, stain, primer, and urethane

Siphon-feed, non bleeder gun with adjustable pattern control sprays up to 9" pattern

Includes

Siphon-Feed Spray Gun - DH6500

External Mix Air Cap

1 qt. Anti-Drip Canister

Edited by Phlebmaster
can't wait to see it painted

:lol: Me either.

I am going to call around to different auto paint shops and see what they have in thier boneyard. If I can get close to the color I want with two quarts then I am going to get that. :D

I am thinking of a pearl vanilla or something classy...but a light color. I will wait and see what paint is available.

UNLESS!! I never considered this untill now.... does anyone here have a couple of quarts of auto paint laying around?? :blink:

good stuff man, still keeping the color a secret? i have been thinking about buying a spray gun, how much was that one? i only have a little portable compressor, do you need a big one to paint?

Well, the color will be what ever is attainable and not too expensive.

The spray gun I have runs about $60.00 and you can run a smaller compressor...but not recommended with out a regulator. Thankfully those are cheap. :D This gun can handle pressures up to 70 psi.

Whoo hoo! I can't believe how much you've done in such little time. :)

I'm no expert, but when I had someone paint my Z, they stressed how important it is to put a disposable air / water separator inline before the gun (in addition to the permanent separator).

I think you have the right idea to go to the paint boneyards. They have the auto finishes (?) place by your house on McGlouphlin (sp). Also I hear Baxter auto has paint too.

Can't wait to see the color :D

Whoo hoo! I can't believe how much you've done in such little time. :)

I'm no expert, but when I had someone paint my Z, they stressed how important it is to put a disposable air / water separator inline before the gun (in addition to the permanent separator).

I think you have the right idea to go to the paint boneyards. They have the auto finishes (?) place by your house on McGlouphlin (sp). Also I hear Baxter auto has paint too.

Can't wait to see the color :D

Thanks for the heads up.

As sooon as I get my paint I will let everyone know. lol

I called Rainbow Finishes in OC and they have BY paint for $20.00-$60.00 per quart depending on color. Yellows, reds, and such are more expensive and the whites, creams, etc... are less. I just need to go in and take a look at what they have when I have cash. I will call that other place you mentioned too and see what they have too. :D

Looking / sounding good.

Be careful with with pearls. I think it would look awesome don't get me wrong but if you ever add a body part or have to touch up an area it will NEVER EVER match. One of my z32's was the nissan pearl white and I know you like to add/change over time that's why I bring it up.

Pearl white is damn classy though, Idk maybe its worth it. Z isn't THAT big to respray every time lol.

Thanks for the heads up.

As sooon as I get my paint I will let everyone know. lol

I called Rainbow Finishes in OC and they have BY paint for $20.00-$60.00 per quart depending on color. Yellows, reds, and such are more expensive and the whites, creams, etc... are less. I just need to go in and take a look at what they have when I have cash. I will call that other place you mentioned too and see what they have too. :D

a little bit of a drive but i've heard good stuff about northwest auto paint here in vancouver.....9518 NE Covington Rd

Vancouver, WA 98662 (360) 254-0211

http://www.yellowpages.com/info-14530730/Northwest-Auto-Paint-Supplies-Inc/maps