Phlebmaster's Fairlady 240Z Evolution

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to make a muffler maybe. It's really hard to see how big it is without trying to imagine a place to fit it in a s30 haha. I have no spare tire well and a 4" deep 20 gal alum fuel cell from a boat and still there is no space for it. Short of putting a cell in the car I think its close to impossible :-(.

Well, or the muffler in the car lol.

I finished painting my wheels tonight, so I now need to get wide enough tires for them

Here is the awesome 2-1/2" exhaust system I will put on my Z this week

10rldug.jpg

14jlz01.jpg

flotech muffler with tip from the G35 exhaust

21llkpj.jpg

35n3kwg.jpg

25h1zz5.jpg

I will pick up the header from SKib in the morning so I can get this done ASAP! I can't wait to hear this thing rip! VIDEO TO FOLLOW :D

Those Raptor mufflers are actually pretty good...nice mellow sounding! Lookin good man!

Yeah..I have used them before and I liked the tone.

lol itl be alot more manageable than when i had it. header and strait pipe isnt good for talking in the car haha

Hahahaha... I am thinking that resonator will tone it down a bit. :D

lol itl be alot more manageable than when i had it. header and strait pipe isnt good for talking in the car haha

I think a 6:1 straight to a glass pack is the perfect sound lol

Why 3 differant muflers? Wouldn't one good one do the trick?

Actually it is one resonator (similar to a glass pack) and one muffler and the last thing is just a fancy BIG chrome tailpipe not a muffler or anything. :D

The resonator will just set the tone and the muffler will make the car reasonable to ride in. ;)

Idk if he meant the tip, I thought myself the 1st section was something at 1st glance.

The first section is so I have a flange to mount the rest of the exhaust to the header. That way I can weld that part to the header to make it easier to remove if I had to in the future...you know, when I put the L28et in. lol

Sweet!! If you get a chance, get some O2 sensor bungs welded in before you do the install. Since it is a 3-2-1 header, you can monitor each carb separately. ;)

Most bungs come with plugs, so the sensors can be a future upgrade.

Edited by hughdogz