Jay's 72 S30

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the bad news keep coming. Last month we had like 3 blizzards and since I started a new job wasnt home to keep the roof clean on the carport for the last one. Any one want to guess what happened?

fml2001.jpg

fml001.jpg

The fender/hood and worst of all roof is dented.

At wits end.......

Ya this shit just never ends. Proves karma is bullshit, I put out and all I get is fucked in return.

Anyway it was 50 degrees today so I got going on cleaning up this abortion in my driveway. Took 4 damn hours of working through tangled, torn, tied together wreckage but it's over now.

abortionbegone012.jpg

Here is the damage I'm dealing with now, both are going to be a pita to bang out as they are pretty complex but the roof especially is going to suck.

abortionbegone003.jpg

abortionbegone004.jpg

I took the opportunity to snap a few pics of the car now outside.

abortionbegone009.jpg

abortionbegone011.jpg

My lemons into lemonade on this situation is that I have a reason to now spray the entire car. I was going to have to paint the head light surrounds, inspection lids and tail light trim anyway so.....

Also I am building a wood structure this time and covering it in that tent so people don't ask questions about silly permits lol. Also going to run power to it, real power not the bs extension cord I had. Found a great deal on 1/2 garage tile as well so no more laying on the ground. Thats the plan anyway, small all be it now REAL garage and place to work on w/e.

• 4 weeks later...

Jay. No. Go take a time out. Fix your god damn Datsun. We need to see it :) I live for updates from your project....

AGREED!

I just read through your entire build and am blown away. The flocking thing? Wicked! The suede door sills? Now I know what I'm doing with mine! Tractor paint? Who would have thought that would turn out so well?! HOME DEPOT CARD TO COVER UP THE CHOKE HOLE?! WTF?! YOU.ARE.BRILLIANT!

Please continue with your project. I am a fan of this entire build and it would be a SHAME to see you not drive YOUR Z!

And now I'm subscribed so I'll know if you attempt to get rid of it....I'm watching you...

:cool:

So the bad news keep coming. Last month we had like 3 blizzards and since I started a new job wasnt home to keep the roof clean on the carport for the last one. Any one want to guess what happened?

fml2001.jpg

fml001.jpg

The fender/hood and worst of all roof is dented.

At wits end.......

Daaaaaaamn bro, that's enough to piss off the Pope... :angry:

Keep after it; this thing's AWESOME! :console:

Yeah...I'm pissed off enough just seeing that crap...and I'm only a Youth Pastor :lol:

You got a sweet lookin car...been reading your thread since the get-go man...youve done so much and come so far...maybe you should go back and reread your own story. It might help to motivate you to keep steppin man! Those flares are going to be sick! The rims fit really nicely too.

Great lookin Zcar! :cool:

don't give up man, your getting there,,,,Slow, but getting there. i have my 510 in a million peaces for the last 2 years and nothing has been done but paint the engine compartment.i will finish my dime as u should finish ur Z, just keep motivated unlike me, every time i see my car i kick myself for not workin on her. DON'T BE ME,LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I signed up to this forum to say one thing...

...Don't sell it.

Where are you in Jersey? I'd be willing to lend a hand to a fellow S30 owner... (and if you're good at painting, maybe you could spray my 260 and I'll pay you)

How did you rig up the 240sx rear brakes to work? I got a set in my garage and I want to ditch the rear drums on my car...

Looks like I'm the third guy to sign up here from your CL ad. I gotta be honest dude, this is amazing. I've never seen a more thorough restoration of a Z. You worked on everything, and it seems like you know your stuff. And you documented it, too, which is a big help for newbies like me who want to take a stab at restoring a Z. I probably don't have the kind of cash you're looking for, but it was still great to see the progress of a nice Z.

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone, a old z club bud of mine from a few years ago facebooked me asking how my project was coming. So I came here to remind myself, makes my eyes well up to look at all the pics and read all your comments.

So much happened after the tent fiasco that has kept me from posting.

My step father passed away this summer, my mom decided to run off and move to FL leaving me with no fam left here. I had to move on my own which was due I guess. I got married, got a new job as a industrial mechanic. Lots of other fun stuff lol. Didn't think so much could happen is such a short amount of time, adds character I guess.....

Luckily I found a garage 5 houses down from the 1 bedroom I'm renting on the hudson. So I packed all the parts related to my z and filled the car with them, then used a AAA tow to get it there. The 1000's of other parts I had, were auctioned off for next to nothing. After my step father passed the shit really hit the fan, we had only one month to get out and me to find not only a job and apt but hopefully a garage big enough to store my tools let alone car. I got the job the last week I had to move which was the same week I found the apt. Moving, starting a job, mom going to fl etc.... Shit was so hectic. I slept in between boxes for a good week. My wife, my cat and my pipe got me through it. lol but I digress.....

I still have the z sitting in my garage with all my tools. It would have been sold if anyone would have just given me a chunk of change, everyone kept trying to feel my out for a price (which I would do as a buyer as well but there was no way I could as the seller in this case). Work for the last 4 months has been really crazy but it now showing signs of settling down, I have money saved. Really trying to get motivated to get this thing at least started or something by the time the weather breaks. I'm not ashamed to say I need help though if it's going to happen. I'm thinking megasquirt is prob the easiest way to dig myself out of this wiring hole I'm in but I'm not good enough to do it all solo.

There is also no electric in the garage, I have been trying to figure out if pse&g does free hook ups if I do the rest or what but no luck as of yet. It's too dark and too cold to be in there this time of year. So I guess I'm stuck in research and rejuvenation mode for now. I really hope to pull myself up by my boot straps with this project and get rolling again. Hopefully I can get some help and some luck.

Hope you all are well, I'm going to put ratsun back on my bookmarks bar so I can get back into the swing of things here. I've missed you guys.

P.S. I'm honored people signed up to the forum based on my craigs ad, I would have never imagined.....

• Like 2