• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

familyandothers012Large.jpg

My heart is breaking...

This morning I had to say goodbye to the 'Big Dog'. As I prepared a resting place for him under the alders, I remembered all the good times with him so that this spot would be filled with happiness for him. My wife and I wrapped him in his favorite warm fluffy blanket and included his food and water dish and his collection of rubber balls to play with on his journey. You are missed and will be remembered as much as you were loved. You rest easy now, big guy.

• Like 5

Mike, im truly sorry for you.

I had to let my Golden Retreiver go a couple of months ago and I still tear up thinking about it.

Couldnt post anything on here as I have been devestated.

Wre getting a new pup in about a month ( a Groodle) so that will hopefully ease the hurt.

All the bvery best

Jason

p.s.  in tears typing this

Thank you. Until this morning I hadn't cried in 40 years. I thought I had seen everything sad in the world and to my great surprise found this noble beast who was always there and never asked for anything yet gave so much to us all, should be so missed.

• Like 5

A Groodle brother Qtip is a cross between a Golden Retreiver and a standard Poodle.

Hopefully the pup I am getting in a couple of weeks will develop into as much a loved family member as my poor golden retreiver that was put to sleep a couple of months ago.

Dogs are like family at casa del RW (although they do live outside) and are an integral part of my kids life (both of whom were devestated when we lost our dog recently).

p.s.  Thanks for the kind words Hobospyder.

Ah boy Mike, that sucks.  Remember the good times.  It's been since 2008 since my dog died, and I say my dog because as much as Molly is my dog and I love her to death, Cobi was my dog from a puppy on when I was just a pup.  That dog and I were darn near inseparable.  Lots of good memories, still makes me sad to this day.  Take some time, I'm a firm believer in reincarnation.  Somewhere out there after the proper time, there will be another pup and the Datsun gods will decide you need him or her.  In the meantime, very sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

mike i am sorry for your loss, i choked up a bit earlier, and knowing that day too will come for me, it is a stern reminder for me to enjoy the time i have with my pups,  

my jack/mut is eight his name is Sargent

my aussie/cane corso is 2 his name is august

when the big one was little

image_zpszgmpcwg1.jpeg

then big

image_zpsgpvctc0r.jpeg

testing the tent for canby 

image_zpszntvfhjm.jpeg

• Like 1

I thought that was a golden doodle, might be different in upside down land.

There also called that name here. We Aussies are generally lazy fucks when it comes to names for things and we have a propensity to shorten them, especially with dog breeds i.e. Labrador - lab, Golden Retreiver - Goldie, Rottweiller - Rottie, Blue Heeler, Bluey, Pomeranians - yapping cunts of things that look like furry rats

• Like 3

mike i am sorry for your loss, i choked up a bit earlier, and knowing that day too will come for me, it is a stern reminder for me to enjoy the time i have with my pups,  

my jack/mut is eight his name is Sargent

my aussie/cane corso is 2 his name is august

when the big one was little

image_zpszgmpcwg1.jpeg

then big

image_zpsgpvctc0r.jpeg

testing the tent for canby 

image_zpszntvfhjm.jpeg

Thank you. Those are fine looking 'muts'. Almost every day on the way to or from work I stop to pet dogs being walked. I often know their names but not their owners. It's like seeing an old friend.

• Like 1

familyandothers012Large.jpg

My heart is breaking...

This morning I had to say goodbye to the 'Big Dog'. As I prepared a resting place for him under the alders, I remembered all the good times with him so that this spot would be filled with happiness for him. My wife and I wrapped him in his favorite warm fluffy blanket and included his food and water dish and his collection of rubber balls to play with on his journey. You are missed and will be remembered as much as you were loved. You rest easy now, big guy.

Condolences mike.I know what your going through I lost my k9 companion a few weeks ago and it isnt easy.its still effecting me has ne a bit depressed. Havent been doin much readin or postin in insomniacs.shit just aint the same I dont look forward to goin home after work like I used to.

This day n age for me at least. I find myself with a stronger attachment to my pets. I beleive it is due to a week human freindship bond.

Mike, it has to be hard to go through. The big dog was lucky in having someone who cared as much as you n the wife.

People are ok but I don't have any really close friends. I thought about this a lot as I aged, and while at first I thought there was something wrong, I now figure that it just doesn't matter. Moved a lot when I was young. Never had 'friends' for more than a couple of years until my teens, they're all gone by my 20s. Don't care for social gatherings (like at work) and will avoid if possible. I don't drink so there goes that. I teach people not to ask or expect me... just too much work! Family gathering are ok but I have low threshold for chat. I enjoy spending time with all members but then... that's it. Grand kids are great though and I like 'playing' with them. I hope they never grow up.

• Like 2