Dusten

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

How do you like that F150 lightning? I've considered getting one.

I've had it for 13 years.  But I've owned one in one form or another for 18 years so I'm biased.  

If you want a neat truck to just drive. They're cool as hell.  

If you want to go fast. Look elsewhere.  The platform is retarded expensive to modify.  

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Dusten said:

I've had it for 13 years.  But I've owned one in one form or another for 18 years so I'm biased.  

If you want a neat truck to just drive. They're cool as hell.  

If you want to go fast. Look elsewhere.  The platform is retarded expensive to modify.  

I knew they weren't very fast. The 302 or even the 351 weren't known to be powerhouses, and there aren't many emissions legal mods.

I've also considered a 454SS, but then I think, why not buy a cheap truck and stick an LS3 in it?

7 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I knew they weren't very fast. The 302 or even the 351 weren't known to be powerhouses, and there aren't many emissions legal mods.

I've also considered a 454SS, but then I think, why not buy a cheap truck and stick an LS3 in it?

I plan to get a square body 2wd burb and ls swap it.  

We don't have emissions here so I'm not concerned there.  The gen 2 like mine is a 5.4 mod motor.  

• Like 1

I was moving some parts around in the garage and realized the cap rotor and plugs id bought a while ago were still sitting on the bench.  So I threw them in.

The plugs that came out were a less than ideal brand.  Gapped to small.  And confirm my concern about valve seals.  

20231006_171433.thumb.jpg.0ad0b1789a15cf892faf3d0880946933.jpg

I got my seat covers too.  I did black and tan to match the dash and got them in canvas.  Hopefully they stretch with use.  

20231006_165031.thumb.jpg.ec883b50f9224c5e3efba00aa45d8b30.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Remove the P and R from that plug. Datsun L motors don't like the projected tip (it makes them ping) and resistor? Don't need that either.

B6ES for the win.

I was just going off the forum info.

If it pings I'll swap em out. 

Screenshot_20231007_110304_Chrome.jpg

15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

5 is too hot and why it pings. 6 is the heat range for Datsuns.

46 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

getting harder to find

I just got some resisitor ones and assembled in Thailand.(for my stash)

I have some nissan boxed BP5ES from years ago. But really I havent bought or installed new plugs in over 10years

My parts store has them.  

But these are what I saw on the forum.  Like I said, if they ping, I'll swap em out.  

When I bought the truck it had a chincy after market battery disconnect.  The dipshit kid told me it was for security.

Later I found a FB post where he couldn't find a parasitic draw that was killing the battery.  

I drive it daily so I hadn't noticed it, so until the FB post I didn't even know.

I got in the truck today and it was exceptionally dark out.  I noticed a very very faint glow from the charge light on the dash.

I printed off the ewd.  So this weekend I'll chase out the short and fix that this weekend.  

20231012_041033.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Unplug the alternator see if the light goes out. But first is this an external regulator or has it been converted to a later internally regulated alternator?

I haven't got that far.  It was just this morning I realized the light was on.

When I had my yellow 510 my batt would go bad in 3 days.I just bought the car.

took me a while to figure out but the owner put a SSS tach in the car butt didnt hook up the trigger input so it never would read. However I pull the common circut FUSE (cig lighter, door buzzer,dome light)notice the dran was gone. He had powered up the tach using the ciglighter wire. so it was getting 12volts all the time and grounded.  I traced the cig wire into and under tha Dash and found a blue crimp thru the insulation splice!!!!!!!!!!!! I disconnected the blue spice and was GOOD after that

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
2 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

When I had my yellow 510 my batt would go bad in 3 days.I just bought the car.

took me a while to figure out but the owner put a SSS tach in the car butt didnt hook up the trigger input so it never would read. However I pull the common circut FUSE (cig lighter, door buzzer,dome light)notice the dran was gone. He had powered up the tach using the ciglighter wire. so it was getting 12volts all the time and grounded.  I traced the cig wire into and under tha Dash and found a blue crimp thru the insulation splice!!!!!!!!!!!! I disconnected the blue spice and was GOOD after that

When I bought my truck I couldn't figure out why the fan ran with the key off.

Po had wired it into the lighter.