New Project 620

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was hoping to find 1/8. I don’t think i need that much clearance since i most likely won’t be in any car chases in this thing. But just ordered. I’m sure they will work out.

I agree. I’ve thought about every wheel possible but I like the stock wheels the best. nice truck! Do you have a build page? Always liked the 520/521’s 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, six2ohyea said:

I was hoping to find 1/8. I don’t think i need that much clearance since i most likely won’t be in any car chases in this thing. But just ordered. I’m sure they will work out.

I agree. I’ve thought about every wheel possible but I like the stock wheels the best. nice truck! Do you have a build page? Always liked the 520/521’s 

I was gonna suggest marking the caliper and just clearancing the caliper alittle at the closest point to the wheel.... you shouldn't have to take to much off....

Not sure if that's a good idea or not, my guess would be you would wanna see where the material needs to be removed first...

But you have spacers on the way .....

Clearancing the caliper is not hard. Usually a few hits with a flap wheel on a 4" grinder is all it takes. Don't go too far though.

1/4 spacers will probably require longer studs. I don't have extras laying around, but if you have a plasma shop in town, they can cut them out in no time. Where in the bay are you? I think I asked you before, but can't remember.

6 hours ago, six2ohyea said:

Thought the might have been after market brakes but look to be Nissan. 

That is definately the Nissan logo there. Those spacers do look like good quality.

Use something at hand to "fill" the space - kitchen scrubber or like - and tape it into the inside of the rim. Roll the rim and let the scrubber show you exactly where to grind. You won't need to do much, just reducing the high points.

• Like 2
On 7/26/2023 at 12:40 PM, six2ohyea said:

Ended up reindexing my torsion bars. Looked like the the ends were hanging a little low. 

I lowered the truck to allow the suspension to settle. Didn’t think it was going to drop this low. Did I reindex too much? I removed bump stops and 3 notches on the torsion bar. 

now do I lift back and tighten nuts to apply pressure on the torsion bars?

IMG_8765.thumb.jpeg.de8ff49fb7a5928d7838369a5cca678a.jpegIMG_8767.thumb.jpeg.128202566b7bac6a88de55d1bfa6bd94.jpeg

• Like 1

Only a matter of time till you hit something and wreck those fenders. Stuck out like that the body will get dirty from the tires slinging crap up. Seen lots of cars in the '70 with wide tires and a groove cut all the way round from rubbing.

1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

Only a matter of time till you hit something and wreck those fenders. Stuck out like that the body will get dirty from the tires slinging crap up. Seen lots of cars in the '70 with wide tires and a groove cut all the way round from rubbing.

I know. I’m ordering some 78-79 stock rims. These are temporary 

IMO the revised ride height is better, too low is useless unless you only drive around on pool tables and not real roads. Any body lean while cornering will have the fenders cutting into the rubber, nevermind speed bumps etc.

1 hour ago, six2ohyea said:

I know. I’m ordering some 78-79 stock rims. These are temporary 

Phew! As you go lower increase the spring rate. It will reduce suspension travel and the potential to bottom out. Leaf springs are easy, torsion bar choices are limited. Some good HD shocks also.