I 'also' scored a 510 wagon!!! :)

71DIMER

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I also got around to cleaning the door/hatch jambs and door parts.

I used simple green to get the crud off, then steel wooled it to get the rough patches and put a little wax on it...still will redo it all once the weather clears up.

DSCN4091.jpg

DSCN4092.jpg

Left side is cleaned up, right side is grubby

DSCN4093.jpg

DSCN4094.jpg

Right side is cleaned & waxed, left is still grubby

DSCN4095.jpg

Right side has been steel wooled, left side only simple greened.

DSCN4096.jpg

DSCN4097.jpg

DSCN4098.jpg

DSCN4099.jpg

Both sides simple greened and steel wooled.

DSCN4100.jpg

Old rusty screws were replaced with new ones.

DSCN4102.jpg

Strips that hold the door panels were removed and sanded

DSCN4070.jpg

Strips painted

DSCN4077.jpg

DSCN4078.jpg

All this crap was in my doors....leaves and the lining from the door...yuck!

DSCN4079.jpg

DSCN4080.jpg

DSCN4081.jpg

DSCN4082.jpg

Edited by 71DIMER
  • 1 month later...

Just a small update. Finally got around to cleaning up my carbs, linkage, air cleaner assembly, and got a year correct valve cover. :)

Before:

ace2_3.jpg

Now:

DSCN4694.jpg

DSCN4693.jpg

DSCN4695.jpg

• 3 months later...

It's been awhile since my last post but I got a new set of wheels last week, check it out...:)

DSCN5090.jpg

Here's my goon with the Watanabes

DSCN5335.jpg

Time to swap :)

DSCN5336.jpg

DSCN5396.jpg

DSCN5360.jpg

DSCN5364.jpg

DSCN5394.jpg

DSCN5396.jpg

DSCN5397.jpg

DSCN5398.jpg

DSCN5399.jpg

Nice work on this! Man how did all those leaves get in there? I've heard of going 'green' with automobiles, but making a compost pile in the door is taking it to the extreme!:lol::lol:

Thanks guys...yeah I know still debating to go with vw or mr2 inserts with my lowering springs...decisions decisions.:P

Edited by 71DIMER

Ratsun Mechanic at work

One is a Aeronautical Engineer in Mehico and the other a Junk Yard guru.

Neither one can figure out negative and positive.

So had to help them, red is ground and black is positive.

How's the car running now Mario?

hector-mario001.jpg

Edited by pl521sss
er

Hahaha...man if they trust me working on satellites, you'd think you wouldn't have to check my battery connections...LOL...but hey it's all good....trust but verify is a good motto. It's running good just need to fine tune it as I heard some pinging (rattle can sound) on the highway when I stepped on the gas...timing must be a bit retarded so I have to advance it a bit. Too bad I don't have a timing gun to just do it right from the get go. Thanks for helping out...and we'll hit the rest up sometime soon.

P.S. it's aerospace engineer man...get it right or I'll be forced to show the 'begging on the knees' picture! :P

Thanks Mklotz, swapped in an electric distributor today with help of Hector (thatsoon510) and Abraham (PL521sss).

Also added some cool arm rests to my goon...its top flips up and it forms a pocket with the door panel when installed.

DSCN5362.jpg

DSCN5363.jpg

Edited by 71DIMER

Jeez! My wheel arches used to look like that?! Weird! Right now they look like someone hit them with a hammer to widen them out... I need to learn how to smooth them out, now..

The 'Goon is looking bitchin, man! Gotta bring IT to a meet one of these days! But I can't get tired of looking at the sedan...

Hey Sean, I would but I just upgraded my ignition (EI dizzy) to *hopefully* fix the stumbling/cutting issue when I drive it. It seems to misfire and I've tried changing plugs/wires/dist cap/rotor/fuel filter etx and it still did it. I just swapped the EI dizzy in today so I'll try driving her around to see if it's still doing the same thing. I barely felt comfortable driving it 20 miles from my place over to PL521SSS but it made it there and back like a champ. :)

We'll see if I can make it out to Sac...we're having our local meet this coming Thursday so I'll hope to see lots of guys there and if possible make it out to Sac's. If I go I'll be looking for some shortened strut assemblies and/or shorter struts since according to PL521SSS my strut assemblies are not stock 68 ones...they're 11.5" tall while the stock 68 ones should be 10" tall (he has some so we measured). So it's sitting really tall...yuck.

according to PL521SSS my strut assemblies are not stock 68 ones...they're 11.5" tall while the stock 68 ones should be 10" tall (he has some so we measured). So it's sitting really tall...yuck.

It's 10.5

Convince Hector to give you those MR2 inserts

• 4 months later...

Ok time to resurrect this thread since I haven't updated it a while. I've made more progress with the old tired interior.

Before: Old nasty carpet that came with it.

a8a8_3.jpg

DSCN4280.jpg

DSCN4281.jpg

DSCN4304.jpg

After Carpet: New and clean (well still needs a vacuum)

DSCN4307.jpg

DSCN4317.jpg

Seats Before: These came with the wagon and while they were headress-less like true 1968 Datsun seats, they weren't stock and sat higher due to the little feet it had on them. Sold them on CL, only to find out later they were actualy from a old school Camaro/Firebird and worth some $$$...oh well.

DSCN4313.jpg

Seats After: Got these from a local guy with a old man golfer upholstery :P

DSCN4253.jpg

After Ratsunizing them:

DSCN4262.jpg

Before: Original blue door panels and rear seat were pretty thrashed

DSCN4072.jpg

a977_3.jpg

After: Replaced all 7 busted door panels and seats with black ones

DSCN4111.jpg

DSCN4115.jpg

DSCN4116.jpg

DSCN4118.jpg

DSCN4320.jpg

DSCN4321.jpg

Before: Cargo (yuck)

aaf3_3.jpg

DSCN4120-1.jpg

DSCN4121.jpg

DSCN4122.jpg

DSCN4123.jpg

After: Cargo After cleaning up and slapping in the newer panels and carpet:

DSCN4125.jpg

DSCN4172.jpg

DSCN4174.jpg

DSCN4175.jpg

Surprise find inside one of the cargo panels: Set of tire chains! This goon was supposed to take on the snow? :P

DSCN4061.jpg