I 'also' scored a 510 wagon!!! :)

71DIMER

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that has to be one of the coolest finds. Thats the car you try and keep as original as possibe...maybe slam it, but original trim and all. I always want to figure a way to put blue plates back on my wagon.

Thanks John. Yeah I don't want to get all crazy on this one. I do want to replace the panels to make the interior look good again (I have a lead on some black panels) and the seats on there right now I don't believe are original. Although they look vintage, they have little 'feet' so they're a bit raised. Take a look.

DSCN3725.jpg

DSCN3721.jpg

I am considering swapping in the Celica GTS seats that are currently in my Starlet.

I also want to lower it and and throw some wheels on it...still need to figure out which to go with, but other than than...leave it as is lol!

img5295hw2.jpg

img5297ab7.jpg

img5298yr0.jpg

img5299go6.jpg

img5300uf9.jpg

Edited by 71DIMER
Yes it does but the cover housing is broken up. I'm not sure if I'll be easily able to find a replacement :(.

IMG_5917B.jpg

You bastard!!!! I want those dome lights SO bad!! how do I.. O here we go :fu: :)

You bastard!!!! I want those dome lights SO bad!! how do I.. O here we go :fu: :)

Ah c'mon...I'm sure you can find a set :P

Well I loaded up my Watanabe's to take over to Troy's 510 Parts Outlet since he wanted to buy them but the rears didn't fit his nonflared fenders.

DSCN3731.jpg

But I did a little 'mock up' on my goon to see what they'd look like...hmmm :P

DSCN3730.jpg

Edited by 71DIMER

Oh also there's no more 'considering' those Celica GTS seats, I got a call from a guy in New York yesterday and long story short the Starlet is now sold with the seats and all. I dropped the car off earlier today with his sister and she handed over the cash. It was a great car...but it still wasn't a Datsun. :)

Ok so here's some more wheels option pics :P

Loaded up my 13x6 minilites and 175/50R13 tires to go get mounted and balanced.

DSCN3783.jpg

DSCN3786.jpg

All mounted/balanced and ready to go!

DSCN3788.jpg

It's about time you're on...yeah they did look pretty sweet in your garage lol! I was glad to see the tires were 175/50R13 so they went on with no problems. Hope you guys have gotten a lot done this weekend.

Hey PL521SSS, yeah I got lucky by being the first one out to see it. I'm sure if I would have waited it would have been gone or he would have just gone through with he ebay auction.

Anyway to answer your questions, yes the dash has the brake light on there but it's for the e-brake and about the Watanabes:

Sizes & Offsets:

- Fronts 15 inch x 6.5 inch Offset: 9mm Tires 195/50R15

- Rears 15 inch x 7.5 inch Offset: 21mm Tires 205/50R15

Yeah PM me your number and I'll give you a call. Do you have a 68 or why do you have parts? Out of curiosity what parts do you have? :)

Yeah I thought it was an aftermarket locking gas cap but apperantly it was an option. Another Datsun friend who lives nearby said they're really rare and pricey if you can find it. I was pleasantly surprised at that.

Oh and this may prove beneficial to a ton of guys on here so bare with me on the long story ok :P

I bought this goon with a gas cap key (which works fine) and a stub of a key that barely got the thing started but would not fit the door locks let alone lock them. So I kept parking it at work where you can't get in the plant unless you work there so it would be safe. I called around a few locksmiths and none of them could help. I looked at this datsun site where they offered a whole set of locks with keys for a 1968 but it was $350 plus I'd have to install them...not something I would like to do. I then called lockworld in San Francisco and they said they could cut me a key for $75 but that they couldn't guarantee it would work on more than the lock they cut it to.

So I was gonna go that route. Then I talked to another buddy of mine who said the locksmith at the local pick-n-pull cut him a key for $25 so I went there. After a 1/2 hr of trying different key blanks they finally gave up and said they didn't have the blank. Before putting the cylinder back on the passenger side door I remembered reading that thread on here (I think) that the lock cylinders have a key corresponding code, so I looked at it and had to scratch the funk off of the cylinder and finally saw a faint 4 digit code. I then called a local well reviewed old school (been there for years and years) locksmith and told them my situation. They looked it up right away and based on my goon's year, make, model, and lock cylinder code said it was a valid code for that year and they could cut it (with no guarantee though).

I picked up the key and tried it on my passenger lock...worked!, I was stoked that at the minimum I'd be able to lock my doors and open up the passenger side. But then I went to the drivers side and it worked too...oh boy I was even happier. So I went to the hatch and figured let's see...sure enough it locks the hatch door too...oh man oh man. So figuring I was already more than satisfied with this I got in the seat and figured I'd press my luck and put it in the ignition and wow it fit and starts it just fine. So now i have 2 keys, one that works on everything and one for the optional locking gas cap. It was the best $18 I've spent in a LONG time. :)

i keep on meaning to call you :o

I just PMed you my work and cell number to call. :)

Oh BTW, just wanted to show off my late xmas gift from my wife. She made this for me last week and it just arrived yesterday! Look at the screws on the Ratsun words...I'm diggin it.

DSCN3843.jpg

DSCN3844.jpg

DSCN3845.jpg

Yeah PM me your number and I'll give you a call. Do you have a 68 or why do you have parts? Out of curiosity what parts do you have? :)

Yeah I thought it was an aftermarket locking gas cap but apperantly it was an option. Another Datsun friend who lives nearby said they're really rare and pricey if you can find it. I was pleasantly surprised at that.

Oh and this may prove beneficial to a ton of guys on here so bare with me on the long story ok :P

I bought this goon with a gas cap key (which works fine) and a stub of a key that barely got the thing started but would not fit the door locks let alone lock them. So I kept parking it at work where you can't get in the plant unless you work there so it would be safe. I called around a few locksmiths and none of them could help. I looked at this datsun site where they offered a whole set of locks with keys for a 1968 but it was $350 plus I'd have to install them...not something I would like to do. I then called lockworld in San Francisco and they said they could cut me a key for $75 but that they couldn't guarantee it would work on more than the lock they cut it to.

So I was gonna go that route. Then I talked to another buddy of mine who said the locksmith at the local pick-n-pull cut him a key for $25 so I went there. After a 1/2 hr of trying different key blanks they finally gave up and said they didn't have the blank. Before putting the cylinder back on the passenger side door I remembered reading that thread on here (I think) that the lock cylinders have a key corresponding code, so I looked at it and had to scratch the funk off of the cylinder and finally saw a faint 4 digit code. I then called a local well reviewed old school (been there for years and years) locksmith and told them my situation. They looked it up right away and based on my goon's year, make, model, and lock cylinder code said it was a valid code for that year and they could cut it (with no guarantee though).

I picked up the key and tried it on my passenger lock...worked!, I was stoked that at the minimum I'd be able to lock my doors and open up the passenger side. But then I went to the drivers side and it worked too...oh boy I was even happier. So I went to the hatch and figured let's see...sure enough it locks the hatch door too...oh man oh man. So figuring I was already more than satisfied with this I got in the seat and figured I'd press my luck and put it in the ignition and wow it fit and starts it just fine. So now i have 2 keys, one that works on everything and one for the optional locking gas cap. It was the best $18 I've spent in a LONG time. :)

What parts you need?

Have amazing collection of parts.

Don't have a 68' yet

You can still find NOS locking gas cap for wagon.

Have one, thought it would work for any wagon.

Only works for 68' wagon.

nos025.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok a bit of an update. So I decided to throw on my 15" Watanabe's and low and behold my 'lifted' goon.

See what I mean that it is in desperate need of being slammed :P

DSCN3776.jpg

DSCN3777.jpg

My goon next to another fellow goon that was purchased from the local pick-n-pull:

DSCN3806.jpg

DSCN3804.jpg

DSCN3799.jpg

DSCN3791.jpg

DSCN3797.jpg