I 'also' scored a 510 wagon!!! :)

71DIMER

Damm that was 4x4 status there :blink: I did find my before lowering pix & the rear of mine was the same as yours but my front was 1 inch lower..wierd. Anyways looks wayyy cooler. Oh & this year you can go to JCCS..it's in September !

That makes total sense Mark, the rears were the same and from what Abe said (PL521SSS) my strut assemblies were 1" taller than his and Hector's when we measured them...so must be the same as yours. Yeah it was totally Big Foot looking. I've been so happy with it lowered now that I have driven it everyday since (cause it has gas lol)! :)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of the Minilites!Imagine it another inch lower! What size tire is that?

The minilites are 13x6 running 175/50R13 tires! Actually that after front reading is with the minilites, so that's the max drop.

mini lights look dorky to me... would need atleast a 60 series and a inch lower to look good.....

here you go more mini lites these would look better 14s

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1653524630.html

Tell me what you really think JDM! LOL...:P

Yeah I have new 195/60R13 tires that I can toss on there...but we'll see. :)

Ahh thats kid stuff ;) JK i like it. Will you be adding the silver stripe again that goes around the headlights ?

Nah...looks 'meaner' all blacked out...j/k.

Here it is with the silver stripe back...but the center section was looking a little bare bones

DSCN6969.jpg

DSCN6970.jpg

So...I was lucky enough to get my grubby hands on a uber-rare JDM Bluebird coupe emblem (borrowed from a friend in Japan)

richssupersonicbadge.jpg

So I made myself a decent copy of it! :)

Here's my blank made of high strenght/temp plastic:

DSCN6904.jpg

Beginning the masking/painting:

DSCN6967.jpg

Then came the detail painting:

DSCN6968.jpg

Than finally gave it the center grille honorary spot. The grille came with a like new GL badge but that's not to my liking!

DSCN6972.jpg

DSCN6974.jpg

DSCN6975.jpg

Nice140Y: Thanks man, I'm not anywhere near being satisfied with how the engine bay is but you only see it when the hood's open so there's plenty of time to get to it. :)

Pac: Thanks amigo, I've made a much nicer looking one that I will swap it out with once I get some more mounting hardware. :)

Ok well I installed the JDM Bluebird grille then washed the goon.

After that my buddy Gustavo (Gus-Gus) came over brought over some wax he had and helped me wax it.

I ended up selling the Panasports since they were the wrong offset.

They rubbed on the front non flaired fender.

So for now I'm going with the Watanabe's.

Cleans up pretty good doesn't it? ;)

IMG_7552.jpg

IMG_7554.jpg

IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7556.jpg

IMG_7557.jpg

IMG_7558.jpg

IMG_7559.jpg

IMG_7569.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7579.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg

shouldn't you have center caps??

The only place I've found them online wants $130 for them but they haven't gotten back to me if they'll fit so I'm not about so spend that much when they don't have a refund policy. :unsure:

Plus it is $130 JUST for centercaps...kind of steep for just caps!

Like the pictures Mario it came out clean. I'm about to buy some of that wax again it does the right job for just a quick two step process. :)

First the "Taco Taqueria Wagon" at the meet up now these awesome pics a wagon is sure tempting. :cool:

damn i love it!!!!!! looks soo simple and clean i say leave it and have fun driving it

Thanks JDM510, I have been driving it and enjoying it daily. :)

Like the pictures Mario it came out clean. I'm about to buy some of that wax again it does the right job for just a quick two step process. :)

First the "Taco Taqueria Wagon" at the meet up now these awesome pics a wagon is sure tempting. :cool:

I forgot to get some of that when I was there last weekend...well I didn't see them selling it :P

This is such a sick wagon!! Nice job on the grille and repro badge. I miss the roof rack though! :)

Thanks Jun, no worries I just had to remove the roof rack inorder to wax the roof but it's back on.

Here's a pic of it at our recent Pleasonton all Japanese classic meetup.

DSCN7023.jpg

I had access to a stock roof rack that I had picked up for my buddy Pacific Coast Datsun (Mark) but he ended up picking up another one so I sold the one I had to AZHitman, I just couldn't put holes in my intact roof. :P