I 'also' scored a 510 wagon!!! :)

71DIMER

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Alleycat and Fisch. I only wish I had more time to give it the attention she needs/deserves. If only I could do my own headliner :(...that would help out the interior a lot.

• 3 months later...

Wow, it's been over 3 months since my last update...too long.

Well it's been a while but let's just say that I was tired of looking at my goon look like an all wheel drive ride.

So after asking around for a hand lowering it, it was my non ratsun buddy Daniel who came through big time. I finished swapping the lowering springs on the spare set of front struts and then swapping them out with the 'too high' struts when he came over and helped me install the rear lowring blocks.

Here's what it looked like (way too high)

DSCN5346.jpg

This is what it looked like right after, way slammed and cool BUT...the rear wheel well literally sat on the tire.

DSCN6932.jpg

So...I decided to go with the 13" minilites I had...

DSCN6956.jpg

Then the next day I decided to try the 16x7 wheels from my 2 door that have a lower profile tire, and man it fit the rear perfect

DSCN6983.jpg

But the fronts were still another story. They stuck out a bit too much and with barely enough cleance to slip a finger (:P) between the tire and the fender it rubbed pretty often on a short drive.

DSCN6984.jpg

So in the end I figured to sell them and go a different route anyway.

JDM510:

I got a killer deal on a spare set of complete assemblies from a stock 510 that were already shortened and I had a set of lowering springs that I put on them, then swapped out the whole strut assemblies all together. I used a set of 1" aluminum bump steer spacers as well.

Pac Coast:

Thanks amigo, I know if you were around this thing would have been dropped a LONG time ago.

Oh I forgot to mention I picked up that older aftermarket roof rack. I dig it, it's almost completely full length, just a bit more fiddling with the flat hooks to get it to hold by itself and I'll be good. I was going to strip it completely and paint it but since the goon isn't perfect it kind of fits the overall look to have it a bit dinged/scratched up and not like new.

2 inch lowering blocks? ... .. or more? ..... .. .. . any axle slap with weight in the back?

What kind of blocks/u-bolts?

Oh yeah forgot to mention that, yeah I went with 2" lowering blocks, no axle slap as of yet but I don't usually carry much in it so not much added weight in the rear of the thing. I got the lowering block kit at pep-boys so it came complete with the longer u-bolts and all the hardware. I think it was about $30 out the door.

you asked what we think? it depends how much you paid for it..so how much was it for.

So you would think it's good if I paid a few hundred bucks but not good if I paid way too much??? I wasn't asking what you thought of the price, but what people think of the goon itself. Interesting line of thinking there boss. :rolleyes:

That looks like a watanabe RS8?? 16"?? LOOKS AWESOME!! YOU SHOULD GO WITH THOSE WHEELS!!!

Good eye, those are 16x7 0 offset 205/45R16 Panasport on the rear which look and fit great and 15x7 +9mm with 195/50R15 tires Watanabe RS in the front which also fit great in the front with no rubbing issues and no spacers required which I love!

Here's what it looked like with 13" minilites:

DSCN6943.jpg

RacerX...no worries man :)

I guess I take too many pics but I'd rather not miss anything than to want to go back later to get it :P

Here's some before and after pics of my wagon height, well before they settling down a bit more too :P

Before Front Height:

DSCN6922.jpg

After Front Height:

DSCN6954.jpg

Before Rear Height:

DSCN6923.jpg

After Rear Height:

DSCN6955.jpg