• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• paradime

• Mattndew76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Machete isn't a stabbing tool. It's more of a swing and chop. I had one one for 27 years (still have it) and would use it weekly at least. If in the bush I used it all day. Stabbing someone with it is ludicrous. Maybe saying stabbed is all they can say in the heavily monitored and censored news in Britain. Bet the guys caught were immigrants.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, tr8er said:

Up to 150K loan with 20% of profit on property as interest.  Also only available to taxpayers with tax ID or social security number.  So the state is making money on borrowers.  That’s what this is.   

California has a program to provide illegal aliens (undocumented citizens) with a state id and tax number.

And as part of the package of approved bills a persons citizenship can not be used in court unless the Judge approves first, SB 836 signed into law 2022

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2022/09/23/california-ids-for-all/

• Confused 1
12 hours ago, john510 said:

Key words. State supported, AKA taxpayer funded. Why not do this for anybody trying to buy a house ? Talk about a form of racism. 

It is for anybody trying to buy a house.  As long as they pay taxes.  The uproar is that it doesn’t specifically exclude foreigners.  This isn’t “for” illegals.  They would likely be less than 1% of applicants.  

2 hours ago, Ooph! said:

California has a program to provide illegal aliens (undocumented citizens) with a state id and tax number.

And as part of the package of approved bills a persons citizenship can not be used in court unless the Judge approves first, SB 836 signed into law 2022

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2022/09/23/california-ids-for-all/

Isn’t the big issue that they are drug dealers.  Gangsters.  a drain on the social programs and cost us money?   This gets them into legit jobs paying taxes and earning the state money.  So if that isn’t the reason to stand in opposition to immigrants, what is the reason?  

24 minutes ago, tr8er said:

It is for anybody trying to buy a house.  As long as they pay taxes.  The uproar is that it doesn’t specifically exclude foreigners.  This isn’t “for” illegals.  They would likely be less than 1% of applicants.  

Then why are they targeting the "illegal" aspect of it ? The uproar is that it's racist and unfair to the taxpayers paying for this stuff. Do you really believe a black or white family has the same chance of securing this handout as a Hispanic borrower ? Race should have zero to do with anything yet it does. Those that sponsored these bills are the ones using/promoting "illegal" or "undocumented" as a selling point so....... They're either sincere in who they want these loans to go to (Hispanics) and or they're using this as a campaign tool for Harris. It's probably both. Come on it's California. I've been here long enough to know how my left wing government works. And how do come up with less than 1% ? I'd bet the vast majority of applicants will be illegal considering what they advertise it as. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, tr8er said:

Isn’t the big issue that they are drug dealers.  Gangsters.  a drain on the social programs and cost us money?   This gets them into legit jobs paying taxes and earning the state money.  So if that isn’t the reason to stand in opposition to immigrants, what is the reason?  

Drug dealers and gang bangers have no interest in earning a legit living or paying taxes like us regular people do. Don't be so naive. You think an ID will change that ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Then why are they targeting the "illegal" aspect of it ? The uproar is that it's racist and unfair to the taxpayers paying for this stuff. Do you really believe a black or white family has the same chance of securing this handout as a Hispanic borrower ? Race should have zero to do with anything yet it does. Those that sponsored these bills are the ones using/promoting "illegal" or "undocumented" as a selling point so....... They're either sincere in who they want these loans to go to (Hispanics) and or they're using this as a campaign tool for Harris. It's probably both. Come on it's California. I've been here long enough to know how my left wing government works. And how do come up with less than 1% ? I'd bet the vast majority of applicants will be illegal considering what they advertise it as. 

The media is targeting the illegal aspect.  Not the bill.  The bill is literally named California Dream For All.  Because it is for all as long as you pay taxes in California.  Read the article, ignore the headline.  

53 minutes ago, john510 said:

Drug dealers and gang bangers have no interest in earning a legit living or paying taxes like us regular people do. Don't be so naive. You think an ID will change that ? 

That is my point.  This bill benefits the people who do care, and pay taxes because they are on a legitimate path with jobs paying taxes.  It doesn’t help those whom Californians should be worried about.  That’s why I asked the question.  If he didn’t want the immigrants with legit jobs paying taxes able to buy a house, why?   Those should be the people we are not opposing.  

31 minutes ago, tr8er said:

The media is targeting the illegal aspect.  Not the bill.  The bill is literally named California Dream For All.  Because it is for all as long as you pay taxes in California.  Read the article, ignore the headline.  

Sugar coat it all you want. It's blatantly obvious what this bill is for. The Dems aren't even denying who it's intended for. Again about that naive thing. Hey how's the rebuilding of that burnt Island coming along ? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, john510 said:

Sugar coat it all you want. It's blatantly obvious what this bill is for. The Dems aren't even denying who it's intended for. Again about that naive thing. Hey how's the rebuilding of that burnt Island coming along ? 

It is obvious who it is for.  You are correct.  First time homebuyers who may have trouble qualifying for a loan.  Again, if they are immigrants, they are tax paying, legitimate working class people.  Are you guys against them because of their race?  Or their impact on Californias social programs?  

if the comment about Lahaina was some fucked up attempt at a jab, you crossed a line.  

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, tr8er said:

if the comment about Lahaina was some fucked up attempt at a jab, you crossed a line.  

Pretty sure Johns jab was intended to show how much the Govt. cares for the citizens already here = they don't give a shit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, tr8er said:

It is obvious who it is for.  You are correct.  First time homebuyers who may have trouble qualifying for a loan.  Again, if they are immigrants, they are tax paying, legitimate working class people.  Are you guys against them because of their race?  Or their impact on Californias social programs?  

It's illegal immigrants. Yes they're a drain on social programs. Do you have any idea what I pay for health insurance ? These people come here and it's free ? On my taxpayer dollar ? Race has nothing to do with it. They just happen to be Hispanic. And I was asking about Lahaina because I've only heard that they're not getting the help they need. While that happens we're giving loans to illegals to buy houses. I'd rather see help getting to those more deserving of it. The people of Lahaina. You think that's fair to take care of those that never contributed anything to this country while citizens in need are ignored ? That's the point I was trying to make. These illegals are not the model citizens you think they are. How many of them do you have over there in Hawaii ? 

• Like 2

John.  I am glad you took a sec to clear up about Maui.  It’s a funny situation regarding compensation.  

Supporting the good hearted, ambitious people is absolutely key to the future direction as a whole.  It seems to me, based on what I read, the people who would qualify for this loan are not the people you are mad at.  I doubt the people who are causing issues are getting tax id’s

I pay about $1300/month for health insurance here (family).  I haven’t seen a doctor in years…. Insurance is a fucking scam.  I worked for one for a bit.   

edited to remove trolling bs. 

Edited by tr8er
  • Like 1

After watching CNN's Dana Bash interview. I'll say I was wrong thinking Bash would go easy on her. She actually asked important questions that seem to be issues Harris avoids. I also believe Harris did not do a good job with any of it. Her sidekick didn't either. I was expecting it to be a lot more of a leftist supporting propaganda type of an interview. Wrong again. With what I saw Harris should not be debating anybody anywhere. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, tr8er said:

John.  I am glad you took a sec to clear up about Maui.  It’s a funny situation regarding compensation.  

Supporting the good hearted, ambitious people is absolutely key to the future direction as a whole.  It seems to me, based on what I read, the people who would qualify for this loan are not the people you are mad at.  I doubt the people who are causing issues are getting tax id’s

I pay about $1300/month for health insurance here (family).  I haven’t seen a doctor in years…. Insurance is a fucking scam.  I worked for one for a bit.   

edited to remove trolling bs. 

I need to be clear here with this illegal thing. The people I'm mad at first are our own politicians and one party in particular. Those same people are on record (years ago) saying illegal immigration is harmful to this country. Until it was Trump's idea to curb the invasion. And I'm not a fan of those taking advantage of what those politicians are doing while we have our own people here far more deserving of getting a break in life. 

• Like 2

I honestly believe that if you have to borrow money for a down payment, you can not afford to make the payments on any house or condo in California that is located South of Bakersfield.  I don't know what prices are like in Central or Northern California, but $400k-$500k will get you a very small 1-2 bedroom condo at best.  That's a big "IF" you can find one available. Not to mention annual property tax would be around $800-$1000 monthly.  Insurance has also gone way up, also.  There may some exceptions, but I don't know if there are many six figure jobs for people here illegally.  

I also predict that if that legislation passes, real estate pricing will go up again.  More people looking to buy=higher prices..

Anytime California gets involved in free market "fixes" it invariably causes problems.  Not to mention there are multi billions (I think it was maybe $40 billion?) of budget shortages, and yet they are still looking to spend even more taxpayer money..

Nobody here on Ratsun can run their affairs by spending way more money than they take in.  I'm really tired of footing the bill for the Government spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

While I fully admit I'm not a Trump fan, the homeless situation, massive price increases, and crime has really gotten out of control here in my State since Biden took office.  I'm not really happy about who's running on either side, but I'm voting for the smaller turd in the punch bowl. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
14 hours ago, john510 said:

After watching CNN's Dana Bash interview. I'll say I was wrong thinking Bash would go easy on her. She actually asked important questions that seem to be issues Harris avoids. I also believe Harris did not do a good job with any of it. Her sidekick didn't either. I was expecting it to be a lot more of a leftist supporting propaganda type of an interview. Wrong again. With what I saw Harris should not be debating anybody anywhere. 

This is where if any of the other candidates on the repub side would have won the nomination this would have been an easy win. They went with Trump and we may be stuck with another 4 years of bumbling incompetence. When I think things can't possibly get worse they do. On the other side of the country in Maine, law and order has shit the bed too. Unless you rape or murder someone chances are the charges get dropped because there are not enough judges and public defenders in the court system. With a small population and small towns the names of the offenders are known. They just go unpunished. A sick feeling if you are a victim. Lots of woods in Maine but between the rocks and roots it is really difficult to dig deep enough to bury a body. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1