13 minutes ago, paradime said:

Couch it as you like MM, but does an apology count if your poor form comment and ill will towards Canada was posted on Destruction and not Scammers on Ratsun? No one's taking away your freedom to share and debate your opinions here, nor is it my responsibility to make the decision to stay or go for you. You're an adult, so enjoy the game run with it.

As admin, Mike has more than earned his title as King Rat, because he's given 10X more help to members with trucks than anyone here. He's a Canadian who does all this for the love of Datsuns, not to score points. The beef between John and Mike here has been epic entertainment for years. As I see it, you earned the shit you were given, and instead of keeping your cool, you were blaming Mike, and then me for it. If you don't take this shit show personal, it's Way more fun.

Ok, you choose to drag this on, and on, and on,....... ok, fine.

does an apology count if your poor form comment and ill will towards Canada was posted on Destruction and not Scammers on Ratsun?

You have it backwards,.....but I really don't think anyone cares what you say one way or the other.

No one's taking away your freedom to share and debate your opinions here

No, that is obvious.,.....

I simply stated that I am going avoid politics and focus on the little truck I'm fixing up and crack a few jokes.

Somehow,......lord knows how, that set you off.

nor is it my responsibility to make the decision to stay or go for you

I "Granted" you permission to make that decision,...... so why are you dragging your feet?

The beef between John and Mike here has been epic entertainment for years.

I have "No Idea" who John is,.....?

As I see it, you earned the shit you were given

"As you see it?",.......I have a Great joke to slip in at this point,..... but I will take the high road and let it go.

If you don't take this shit show personal, it's Way more fun.

I chose to "avoid" the shit show and just focus on my little truck, again, no idea how my decision got under your skin.

instead of keeping your cool, you were blaming Mike

I already apologized, things were settled, then he decided to spike the ball after the game was over.

So I called him on it.

It was warranted, words from his own lips, "MM I was merely trying to get the last word in"

And as for Canada, I never even mentioned Trudeau ,.... I just skimmed the surface of some personal

experiences and some things that everyone likely knew about for a long time.

Like the shop teacher with giant boobs.

~*~

I guess now is as good a time as any to give you a more complete idea of my background in forums.

I was schooled, taught, and trained to post at the "Original Bastard Factory"

Not today's paddy cake Bastard Factory, the one the feds shut down.

These people here,........

DG

Lets just say I still have my contacts with this unique group.

I have been polite, I have been friendly, I have been reasonable.

I posted something in the wrong thread,.... and I apologized.

In short I have been nice.

Para, if you can't move on, and stop Poking the Grizzly Bear with a pool cue, there's

the real possibly that I will revert back to who I really am.

You go your way,...... and like I said, I'm going to focus on my little truck, and avoid the political stuff.

If you just can't climb down off my back, what happens next is "Not" my responsibility.

Have a nice day

MM

• Haha 1
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

I thought Trump was going to have Mexico pay for the wall? Republicans talk about reducing spending but line right up with the Dems when it comes to raising the dept ceiling. There is zero accountability from either party. Both just spend us into oblivion.

Why would you think Mexico was going to pay for the wall ? Because Trump said so ? In a sense Mexico did pay some of it. They couldn't get illegals and drugs across the border as easily and cash back across it. They might not have paid for the wall but they lost money. And isn't it obvious who the more responsible spenders are ? It isn't the Democrats. Especially this current bunch running the show. Record deficit and inflation and spend, spend, spend no matter what happens. Were there any Democrats other than Joe Manchin asking for some fiscal responsibility ? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, bottomwatcher said:

I thought Trump was going to have Mexico pay for the wall? Republicans talk about reducing spending but line right up with the Dems when it comes to raising the dept ceiling. There is zero accountability from either party. Both just spend us into oblivion.

1 hour ago, john510 said:

Why would you think Mexico was going to pay for the wall ? Because Trump said so ? In a sense Mexico did pay some of it. They couldn't get illegals and drugs across the border as easily and cash back across it. They might not have paid for the wall but they lost money. And isn't it obvious who the more responsible spenders are ? It isn't the Democrats. Especially this current bunch running the show. Record deficit and inflation and spend, spend, spend no matter what happens. Were there any Democrats other than Joe Manchin asking for some fiscal responsibility ? 

I think Trump saying he was gonna make Mexico pay for the wall was just a publicity stunt. Just a way to get more brownie points with his followers. It's plain bonkers to even think Mexico would truly ever pay for it. 

Also the gov should just save our money and forget about this building a wall project. They could spend every penny we have to build this wall and Mexicans/illegals will always find a way to get across. Money would be better spent on expanding/ increasing BP coverage and maintaining the fence we already have. Although by the time Bidens admin is done, there will probably already be more illegals here than Americans 😆.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MachineMan said:

does an apology count if your poor form comment and ill will towards Canada was posted on Destruction and not Scammers on Ratsun?

You have it backwards,.....but I really don't think anyone cares what you say one way or the other.

I simply stated that I am going avoid politics and focus on the little truck I'm fixing up and crack a few jokes.

I "Granted" you permission to make that decision,...... so why are you dragging your feet?

"As you see it?",.......I have a Great joke to slip in at this point,..... but I will take the high road and let it go.

I chose to "avoid" the shit show and just focus on my little truck, again, no idea how my decision got under your skin.

I already apologized, things were settled, then he decided to spike the ball after the game was over.

So I called him on it.

It was warranted, words from his own lips, "MM I was merely trying to get the last word in"

And as for Canada, I never even mentioned Trudeau ,.... I just skimmed the surface of some personal

~*~

I guess now is as good a time as any to give you a more complete idea of my background in forums.

DG

Para, if you can't move on, and stop Poking the Grizzly Bear with a pool cue, there's

You go your way,...... and like I said, I'm going to focus on my little truck, and avoid the political stuff.

If you just can't climb down off my back, what happens next is "Not" my responsibility.

Have a nice day

MM

Okay nice and polite Grizzly Bear, go work on your little truck and steer clear of me. Next time you insult someone here, it won't be a pool stick.

Edited by paradime
4 minutes ago, paradime said:

Okay nice and polite Grizzly Bear, go work on your little truck and steer clear of me. Next time you insult someone here, it won't be a poll stick.

I intended to.

Honest truth, what I did was post in the wrong thread.

The post was acceptable, or it would have been taken down.

I think we can agree that post should be moved.

I think "moved", because with Jason Statham there is plenty of destruction.

The movie takes place in America

The post fits the theme of the thread.

4 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

The press panned it of course but you could consider that he did make Mexico pay by renegotiating NAFTA and it became the USMCA which seemed to benefit us. One example of the new agreement "Under the USMCA, in order for a car or truck to be exempt from tariffs, 75 percent of its components would have to be manufactured in North America. Under NAFTA, the corresponding requirement had been only 62.5 percent. The agreement also required that at least 30 percent of work on tariff-exempt vehicles must have been done by workers earning at least $16 per hour" 

I agree with the spending aspect of both parties however I think the blame lies with us the citizens since spending and debt reduction just don't seem to be a priority with the public.

Edited by Ooph!
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, MachineMan said:

So I called him on it.

~*~

DG

Have a nice day

MM

FB_IMG_1719902252324.jpg

• Haha 1

Surviellance, Surviellance, Surveillance.. disguised as a tool to help stop "Global Warming". China just bitch slapped its citizens into a Surviellance state. The western governments are using sweet talk and lubrication to get us there. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, john510 said:

Both parties have had plenty of opportunity to address the border and immigration. Both fail to enforce the laws already on the books. Dems want voters and Repubs want cheap labor. Close off any kind of perks like Healthcare, free education for thier children, jobs ect. and once the birdfeeder is empty the pigeons will stop coming. My friend has a lawn care buisness with 12+ mostly not legal employees. They work hard and earn their money, good guys but there is no fear of deportation even in a DeSantis gov. It's funny how hypocritical both sides are at blaming the other side for the same issues.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

Both parties have had plenty of opportunity to address the border and immigration. Both fail to enforce the laws already on the books. Dems want voters and Repubs want cheap labor. Close off any kind of perks like Healthcare, free education for thier children, jobs ect. and once the birdfeeder is empty the pigeons will stop coming. My friend has a lawn care buisness with 12+ mostly not legal employees. They work hard and earn their money, good guys but there is no fear of deportation even in a DeSantis gov. It's funny how hypocritical both sides are at blaming the other side for the same issues.

Remember a few years back when we didn't have this border problem ? I do. Trump didn't get anybody's help yet managed to make it more secure and send a clear message. It changed over night because one man changed it without the help of either party. Joe Biden. The worst thing you could do is invite them here and tell them we'll take care of you. I'd rather we pissed that money away by sending it to them where they lived. Discourage it not encourage it. There's some of that wasteful spending I refer to. Buying future votes.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, IZRL said:

I think Trump saying he was gonna make Mexico pay for the wall was just a publicity stunt. Just a way to get more brownie points with his followers. It's plain bonkers to even think Mexico would truly ever pay for it. 

Also the gov should just save our money and forget about this building a wall project. They could spend every penny we have to build this wall and Mexicans/illegals will always find a way to get across. Money would be better spent on expanding/ increasing BP coverage and maintaining the fence we already have. Although by the time Bidens admin is done, there will probably already be more illegals here than Americans 😆.

A wall is a great deterrent. It does work. That steel wall in the Imperial Sand Dunes is a perfect example. Installed because a Cartel member ran down and killed a CBP agent trying to throw a spike strip to stop him. Removing the wall sure didn't work did it ? Welding gates OPEN didn't work. Look what Texas has done because Biden won't. They've been somewhat successful. Now it's all coming here to San Diego and I'm seeing it in my area. It's bullshit.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, IZRL said:

Surviellance, Surviellance, Surveillance.. disguised as a tool to help stop "Global Warming". China just bitch slapped its citizens into a Surviellance state. The western governments are using sweet talk and lubrication to get us there. 

It's a drop in the bucket in the UK. If not the most highly surveilled country in the world it's got to be close. What ever those are they are just another layer of bullshit and some, most, are sick of it. Cutting the pipe is a gesture, if you really wanted to damage it you'd cut up what's on the end.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, john510 said:

A wall is a great deterrent. It does work. That steel wall in the Imperial Sand Dunes is a perfect example. Installed because a Cartel member ran down and killed a CBP agent trying to throw a spike strip to stop him. Removing the wall sure didn't work did it ? Welding gates OPEN didn't work. Look what Texas has done because Biden won't. They've been somewhat successful. Now it's all coming here to San Diego and I'm seeing it in my area. It's bullshit.

Of course the fence works better than no fence noone is arguing that. What I'm saying is that going from fence to wall is not going to make a huge difference. Not enough of a difference to justify the billions of dollars of investment IMO. Unless you have cbp watching every inch of the US/Mexico border. People will find a way to get across. 

Also i never said removing the wall, leaving the gates open, and cbp letting illegals pour in was a good idea. Clearly we all knew that was gonna be a shit show.

What I'm saying is go back to what it was prior to Biden admin. Also Fix and extend fences and amp up cbp numbers. 

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, IZRL said:

Of course the fence works better than no fence noone is arguing that. What I'm saying is that going from fence to wall is not going to make a huge difference. Not enough of a difference to justify the billions of dollars of investment IMO. Unless you have cbp watching every inch of the US/Mexico border. People will find a way to get across. 

Also i never said removing the wall, leaving the gates open, and cbp letting illegals pour in was a good idea. Clearly we all knew that was gonna be a shit show.

What I'm saying is go back to what it was prior to Biden admin. Also Fix and extend fences and amp up cbp numbers. 

Trump's "wait in Mexico" policy was also a great deterrent. I agree. Biden should have left it alone, all he had to do is blame Trump for it. Like he does for every other thing he's screwed up. Have you seen that steel fence/wall in the dunes ? A cutting torch and a lot of time would be the only way through it. I don't think a tank could knock it over. The biggest thing we noticed when camping out there was the migrant camps and trash disappeared pretty quickly. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, john510 said:

Trump's "wait in Mexico" policy was also a great deterrent. I agree. Biden should have left it alone, all he had to do is blame Trump for it. Like he does for every other thing he's screwed up. Have you seen that steel fence/wall in the dunes ? A cutting torch and a lot of time would be the only way through it. I don't think a tank could knock it over. The biggest thing we noticed when camping out there was the migrant camps and trash disappeared pretty quickly. 

We go riding out there every now and again. We've rode by the fence as well. We go on the off season cause we don't like to ride around that many people/traffic. I've seen the fence so much living close to the border I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Honestly the desert is probably more of a deterrent than the fence in the southern Cali/ Arizona border during the summer.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IZRL said:

We go riding out there every now and again. We've rode by the fence as well. We go on the off season cause we don't like to ride around that many people/traffic. I've seen the fence so much living close to the border I don't even pay attention to it anymore. Honestly the desert is probably more of a deterrent than the fence in the southern Cali/ Arizona border during the summer.

Yea the summer time out there is strictly off limits unless you want to die. We always go in the winter time. Thanksgiving through about Easter. The one bummer about the steel wall was we lost two good sets of dunes to ride in. 

• Like 2
On 6/30/2024 at 8:19 PM, datzenmike said:

Have never heard Manitoba called beautiful. To me it's merely to be endured while driving through it on way to somewhere else. The mosquitoes are gawd awful.

I live here and couldn't agree more. I'm originally from the east coast though so I have actually seen beautiful. 

• Like 1

I lived in the Hudson Valley, New Paltz NY for 3 yrs. In terms of natural beauty, it blew SoCal out of the water. Something magical about experiencing the drama of all four seasons. Being connected to nature that way left an indelible impression on me. This is where I lived and worked year round.

Screen Shot 2024-07-03 at 1.44.41 PM.png

Edited by paradime
  • Like 3
54 minutes ago, bottomwatcher said:

As much as we bitch about the US there are still lots of great places. I spend half the year in Maine and the beauty keeps me grinning. The wife calls me Guy Smiley while we are up there.20240616_202105.thumb.jpg.c84a11274237bf60449f4921bdc11d46.jpg

My SIL is a Mainer. Beautiful country.