47 minutes ago, john510 said:

You have to remember something regarding the liberal mind and it's logic with crime related issues. You can't fix stupid. They also can't be taught that continually making the same mistakes over and over again won't get you anywhere.

I agree they'll never learn. And it's the "blue no matter who" syndrome as well. The roof is on fire there but if it were possible for Newsom to run for a third term. Those stubborn zombie sheep would vote for him again. $20 says they find another Nazi libtard exactly like Newsom to elect in 2026.

I'd say the right can be just as bad when it comes to stupidly voting for the worse candidate just because they belong to their party. But right now the jackass destruction pendulum is leaning to the left. At some point it'll swing back over to the right, as it always has.

• Like 4
  • Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• datzenmike

• john510

• Mattndew76

• paradime

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, john510 said:

Riding dirt bikes in Santee, what a blast that was. The Santee sandpits (now Walmart) looked like the desert in wintertime. Do you remember "white cut" at the end of El Nopal ? We used to ride motorcycles on the streets to the 7-11 on Mast and Cuyamaca for gas and nobody cared. Santee was the booneys back then.

I remember taking my Honda 3 wheeler down to LA with me

around 1975.Went riding in LaMirada not too far from the mall there.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Ooph! said:

No, California makes it clear to everyone but turnips that it is unacceptable to protect property from Criminals and are nearly the same for protecting people. The State of California won't say its illegal but you'll know it by making your life miserable and broke for doing so.

I'll be going back to Eureka later this year,& after reading these posts,

I can hardly wait.

And I'm assuming that I won't be able to buy gas for $3.09/gallon either.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, john510 said:

I unignore one post and now know why I used the feature to begin with. This could be the dumbest thing you've ever typed. Just my opinion. A fast food worker open carrying or a baton ? "something else is going on here"  LOL. Yes In & Out is lying to the general public and not really concerned at all about employee and customer safety. Carry on without me.

Knowing that I'm gonna duke it out with Mike all day cause we disagree with each other on about 95% of what each of us posts is what wakes me up in the morning 🌞 😃. Good times 🤘

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Time to go somewhere less fucked. Or... become a criminal.

To where? I can't go to Canada because that's what California wants to be

4 hours ago, angliagt said:

I'll be going back to Eureka later this year,& after reading these posts,

I can hardly wait.

And I'm assuming that I won't be able to buy gas for $3.09/gallon either.

I just checked with Gasbuddy cheapest Regular in Eureka is $5.00 a gallon

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
12 hours ago, IZRL said:

Knowing that I'm gonna duke it out with Mike all day cause we disagree with each other on about 95% of what each of us posts is what wakes me up in the morning 🌞 😃. Good times 🤘

It's not the disagreeing. That's fine with me, people have different opinions. You can state fact to the guy and he will argue it. 

Edited by john510
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

So talking to a coworker who recently left California he threw out some insane numbers for utility costs on a modest home. Water bill seemed especially crazy. Any of you all in Cal care to share what power and water costs?

My electric was about 400 a month in the summer years ago. I can't imagine what it would be now if I didn't have solar. Water got so expensive I had to let the back yard go to hell. It's big and now a landscape of weeds and dirt. The wife just pays the utility bills so I don't see them, that's how high it is. 

• Sad 1
30 minutes ago, john510 said:

It's not the disagreeing. That's fine with me, people have different opinions. You can state fact to the guy and he will argue it. 

It's sure nice to know without a doubt that you are correct in your beliefs about the facts. To wrap yourself in a cocoon of truth. If that's the case then you are in an unassailable superior position so why block any argument to the contrary? Curiously arrogant. Like I said many times: for every fact there is an equal and opposite fact that is also true. The only truth is that which you experienced firsthand. Everything you think you know came out of your computer. Think about that. Everyone with an opinion thinks they know what the truth is and we argue filtered and at best second hand 'facts' here. 

• Haha 1
On 6/25/2024 at 8:22 PM, IZRL said:

So far from what I've read. Carnivore people still use seasoning/salt. Also fat is kept in the diet(butter and 80/20 meat is allowed). Coffee is also allowed as they say there's no real evidence that coffee is bad for you. My biggest addiction is diet coke. So I've decided to switch to coffee. Like you I'm a grazing maniac. If the snacks are on the counter I grab a handful every time I walk by. I'm so bad sometimes I don't realize I grabbed it until I'm stuffing the chips in the chew hole. So far the grazing has reduced.

I've been wondering for some years now about cooking with natural pork lard. In my mind it's as natural as it can get so it can't be worse than the processed oils they sell in the store and fits right in with this diet. So I'm going to start cooking with it. I'm talking 1 ½ tblsp per meal max. I called a local beef processor and they said they sell pork leaf fat for .50 cents a pound. So gonna make my own lard. I'm gonna do blood work to see how all this is affecting my health. 

You should give it a go and join me on the carnivore thread. Im keep updating my results, mostly to keep myself accountable in someway. I'm betting I'll probably be the only one posting to the thread 😆.

I certainly should join you, but I have too many irons in the fire to add food. It takes time and brings a fair amount of stress while you're getting it sorted. For me, once sorted it gets easy for a number of months, because I eat the same things and have a high tolerance for repetition. Food is not important to me, I eat to live not live to eat. 

Coffee..only in a pinch, like a good smoker will use menthols. I greatly prefer my caffeine cold and have purchased enough diet coke over the years they should send me a badge of some sort. I like the Coffee milkshakes that people call coffee now, e.g. Starbucks, but I realize it is drinking a second lunch. It is also spendy. 

If you are a hunter, wild game has low fat or good fat. I didn't draw in the first round this year so it is up in the air for me at the moment. I read about wild boars everywhere in the South. Are they worth eating? We had a bunny overpopulation when I was a kid, the overpopulation brought disease and the dead bunnies were burned or buried. If not diseased, isn't a wild boar a low fat pig?  

• Like 2
On 6/25/2024 at 7:52 PM, john510 said:

I've never seen an empty In & Out. They were turning a profit. It's in the news what's going on up there.  Why would all of those businesses be leaving if there were no problems ? Come on. 

The opened one up in Boise a little while back. Rearranged the mall parking lot into a serpentine line and it still over flows into the street and screws up traffic. I went once, liked it, liked the price, and for the massive number of people there, especially for 3 o'clock on a Wed. the line went fairly fast. (I went at an "off"  time many months after it opened thinking the hype would have diminished... it hadn't.) It needs to be closer and less busy to make me a sorta regular, but they are neither looking for or catering too, cheap old people. I am not against it and will go again, someday.

• Like 3
On 6/25/2024 at 8:15 PM, MachineMan said:

I remember IN-N-Out closing that location.

Too much crime was the reasoning as I remember.

One of the earliest IN-N-Out's is down the street from me a few blocks.

(Lankershim Blvd)

I watched them build it,..... 1971 I believe.

I used to train across the street, "Bill Ryuzaki's Ryu Dojo"

next door to the school,.... Joe Woo's Chinese Kitchen, across the street, Suzuki Fun Center.

The "Animal Style" is attributed to my high school football team.

North Hollywood Huskies,..... they ordered their  burgers a certain way.

One day when a large group was there devouring food, the manager said,......

"What a bunch of animals"

Thus was born the, "Animal Style"

Some years ago I called IN-N-Out corporate and ran the story by them,......

They Laughed and confirmed it.

Good Times!

MM

I had my first fries there Animal Style. Good Call!

• Like 3
12 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

So talking to a coworker who recently left California he threw out some insane numbers for utility costs on a modest home. Water bill seemed especially crazy. Any of you all in Cal care to share what power and water costs?

Up here in the great over priced wacky North, we have a 3 bedroom 2 story built in the 80s, and no solar as yet. When we moved here, thanks to Enron and the  shitty efficiency of the house, our PG&E bill would easily double to over $500 in the winter. It wasn't easy or cheep to get it this low, but our gas electric and water combined are rarely over $400 now. And that's charging 2 plug in hybrids that go well over a month without seeing a pump. Granted, they're only charged during off peak hours because it's WAY cheeper.

As for water, it helps that our HOA, maintains the front and side landscaping. We take care of the pathway along the house and large back patio, but with volcanic rocks and indigenous plants, my wife's rose bush is the only thing that's occasionally watered. Trying to kill off the mutant devil zombi black berry vines is a constant struggle for BBQ dominance though.

Over the years, everything electric inside and out is now high efficiency. Same for the gas water heater that's kept just below scolding, and converting from 220v to a gas stove. When I built out the 500 sq ft attic space 18 yrs ago, I upgraded the entire upstairs to double wall insulation. Went a little over the top using 6" rigid foam between the roof joists, 4" fiber between, and another 4" covering over top of the ceiling joists, but in the long run well worth the trouble. Next crazy   🤪 expencive F you PG&E project was installing double pane doors n windows throughout the house. Now in the summer, even when it gets above 90, if we keep everything closed up, it stays cool and comfortable all day. Temps dip way down at night because we live near the bay, so no need for AC. And during wither, the thermostat on our gas furness is kept at 62 degrees, because we have clothes. Getting solar for the next kick in PG&E's balls. Car and home owns insurance is a whole other level of Cali's price gouging insanity. 

On 6/26/2024 at 8:33 AM, Cardinal Grammeter said:

I could live on raw fish.  Local deli makes his own sausage.  When I get a tub of fresh ground, every time I open the fridge, I scoop out and eat a finger's worth.  That raw sweet sausage has way more flavor than cook.  Restaurateur and chef cousin said there hasn't been a case of trichinosis for decades - it's been wiped out.  (even the USDA lowered the cooking temp for pork.)   

Decades ago I sat next to the owners of Bike Nashbar on a flight and his wife said if you have pointy canines, you are predisposed to eat meat.  If they are blunt, you play for the other team.  (insert joke here)   ...you are predisposition towards non-meats.

My personal discovery has been that grain should never be eaten.  Why did people eat grain (bread?)  They had no food.  Animal husbandry learned this centuries ago:  to fatten them up, feed grain instead of letting them graze.

If I eliminate grain (bread, pasta, pizza, sandwiches, etc. (I also include potatoes - who really needs a baked or fries?)   I can easily achieve a sustained at least 1# a day.  The first time I did this my milk consumption dried up.  Interesting - anyone remember Corn Fed?  NOTE:  Needles to say, deserts are right out.

My final conclusion from doing this over the decades is that any food that needs a bowl for preparation, is not good.  (this one takes out the sugar bomb orange juice) 

When I have dieted hard, carbs--breads, crackers etc. are easily the hardest thing to cut. I have a sweet tooth and like treats, but I can walk away from treats. I focus on complex carbs, some hard core Keto/Carnivore limit those as well, but I neither enjoy nor ever again intend to be that hardcore. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, frankendat said:

I certainly should join you, but I have too many irons in the fire to add food. It takes time and brings a fair amount of stress while you're getting it sorted. For me, once sorted it gets easy for a number of months, because I eat the same things and have a high tolerance for repetition. Food is not important to me, I eat to live not live to eat. 

Coffee..only in a pinch, like a good smoker will use menthols. I greatly prefer my caffeine cold and have purchased enough diet coke over the years they should send me a badge of some sort. I like the Coffee milkshakes that people call coffee now, e.g. Starbucks, but I realize it is drinking a second lunch. It is also spendy. 

If you are a hunter, wild game has low fat or good fat. I didn't draw in the first round this year so it is up in the air for me at the moment. I read about wild boars everywhere in the South. Are they worth eating? We had a bunny overpopulation when I was a kid, the overpopulation brought disease and the dead bunnies were burned or buried. If not diseased, isn't a wild boar a low fat pig?  

I currently have 3 Elk points and 1 deer point. Have never been drawn. I have gone on an Elk hunt with a friend that got drawn and it's probably the best activity I've ever done. So I'm looking forward to getting drawn at some point. I have hunted for coyote and dove. Shot some doves, have yet to shoot a coyote 😆. I've heard wild pig meat isn't amazing, it's ok/edible at best if you cook it right apparently? Those hogs have taken over Texas and are already starting to be a problem in eastern Arizona. I've been wanting to go shoot me some pig. Even if we don't eat any of them, it sounds like a hell of a time!

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I can't stand in-n-out. It's like what a vegan would do if they started cooking hamburgers. There's no there there.

image.png.19fb1c34029ffc7cbca1311b0ece9372.png

In and out caters to those who understand fast food will never be great food or healthy food. I think I posted here about a trip to Five Guys last year or a few months ago or yesterday. It was a good well cooked, well made hamburger and fries. Enjoyable until the bill. The hamburger alone was over $20! To me, cost impacts taste. The In and Out burger and fries, was not gourmet, it was standard fast food, but good and the Animal Fries were a plus, albeit messy. Including my large drink and the fries it was under $20. As far as quality of ingredients, Five Guys hands down, but if I want quality then I will home cook or be willing to spend (not hamburgers) In and Out made a tasty fast food burger for fast food burger price, better than the other national fast food chains. It is the nature of capitalism that they won't keep it up, but for now it is nice. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, IZRL said:

I currently have 3 Elk points and 1 deer point. Have never been drawn. I have gone on an Elk hunt with a friend that got drawn and it's probably the best activity I've ever done. So I'm looking forward to getting drawn at some point. I have hunted for coyote and dove. Shot some doves, have yet to shoot a coyote 😆. I've heard wild pig meat isn't amazing, it's ok/edible at best if you cook it right apparently? Those hogs have taken over Texas and are already starting to be a problem in eastern Arizona. I've been wanting to go shoot me some pig. Even if we don't eat any of them, it sounds like a hell of a time!

I don't know points, but as Idaho has been overrun I am sure I will have to learn that or some other flunky system. I've never been coyote or dove. Usually only see coyotes in the summer and their hide is crap in  the summer. Doves are small and hard to hit. The effort to find, shoot and prepare them isn't worth it to me. I stopped actively bird hunting many years ago because of the effort/reward problem. I say "actively" because I don't plan on selling my shotgun and you never know.

I wrote a short story about the bunny hunts in the 70's. The last line of the piece is, "It was necessary. It was horrific. It was a good time"

• Like 2
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

It's sure nice to know without a doubt that you are correct in your beliefs about the facts. To wrap yourself in a cocoon of truth. If that's the case then you are in an unassailable superior position so why block any argument to the contrary? Curiously arrogant. Like I said many times: for every fact there is an equal and opposite fact that is also true. The only truth is that which you experienced firsthand. Everything you think you know came out of your computer. Think about that. Everyone with an opinion thinks they know what the truth is and we argue filtered and at best second hand 'facts' here. 

Unfortunately, truth experienced firsthand has been repeatedly proven fallible.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, IZRL said:

I've heard wild pig meat isn't amazing, it's ok/edible at best if you cook it right apparently?

IZRL, "You Heard Wrong!

I have "decades" of experience dining on wild boar!

The luck of having been raised in the trade by "Hungarians",...my mentor was a "Fantastic" cook.

Let me describe our group,...

Joe, my mentor, (Hungarian), and, as I said, a Fantastic cook.

Micky, (Michelle), former owner of a fancy French restaurant in Los Angeles.

Wolfe, a professional pastry chef that was trained in Austria.

Pascal, owner of a high end French restaurant in Los Angeles.

Bert, a Swiss "Master Chef", and former restaurant owner who taught some of worlds famous chefs.

And then there's me, a former competitive shooter, and gunsmith, born on an Army base in Louisiana.

(who is refereed to by clients and peers as a, "Master Machinist"

IZRL, look at that group, then tell me that wild boar taste like crap.

"More than once", food was served, and after a few bites, the whole table exploded in "Applause" 

Look up the Hungarian recipe named, (peppery boar).

Never judge how good a game dinner can be

from listening to a bunch of Hacks that don't know their elbow from a hot rock.

Those wild boar dinners, of which I ate "countless times", still hold the record as the best food I have ever tasted.

MM 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, frankendat said:

Unfortunately, truth experienced firsthand has been repeatedly proven fallible.

It can be interpreted wrongly but for the most part you can't get better sampling of the truth than first hand. So better to have someone else tell you what's true? I think that's the media and the Internet's job these days.

I trust my own observations and senses including that 'huh???' moment when something seems... off. What does it really matter anyway? what anyone believes is true? For me it's entertainment. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MachineMan said:

IZRL, "You Heard Wrong!

I have "decades" of experience dining on wild boar!

The luck of having been raised in the trade by "Hungarians",...my mentor was a "Fantastic" cook.

Let me describe our group,...

Joe, my mentor, (Hungarian), and, as I said, a Fantastic cook.

Micky, (Michelle), former owner of a fancy French restaurant in Los Angeles.

Wolfe, a professional pastry chef that was trained in Austria.

Pascal, owner of a high end French restaurant in Los Angeles.

Bert, a Swiss "Master Chef", and former restaurant owner who taught some of worlds famous chefs.

And then there's me, a former competitive shooter, and gunsmith, born on an Army base in Louisiana.

(who is refereed to by clients and peers as a, "Master Machinist"

IZRL, look at that group, then tell me that wild boar taste like crap.

"More than once", food was served, and after a few bites, the whole table exploded in "Applause" 

Look up the Hungarian recipe named, (peppery boar).

Never judge how good a game dinner can be

from listening to a bunch of Hacks that don't know their elbow from a hot rock.

Those wild boar dinners, of which I ate "countless times", still hold the record as the best food I have ever tasted.

MM 

Then the world is your oyster! From the information on the internet and the news (therefore undoubtedly true) you can shoot all the wild boar you want and in some places they will pay you to do it. Your friends cook it up and sell it, not having to buy the meat would go along way towards making an impressive profit. Both my father and I shot competitively and my father was the better marksman, gunsmith and a master machinist. 

I have neither hunted nor seen a wild boar, but no matter if they are found in packs of many at 50 yards or spread out at 500, I have the tools and ability to kill many.

• Like 4