people these days

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah when I first started driving my 521 I seemed to get alot of that, even had this carload of cute highschool girls smiling and taking my picture with their phones... they were probably just laughing at me...

yeah when I first started driving my 521 I seemed to get alot of that, even had this carload of cute highschool girls smiling and taking my picture with their phones... they were probably just laughing at me...

I had that happen to me in the rusty car once :D

I don't get thumbs up as much in my truck either. I need a 510!!!

i dont get much thumbs up.. lots of people wanting a GO! tho.. fockers.. i've had people at gas stations or parking lots or whatever come up and talk to me tho.. and i had some chick tell me my trucks "bitchin" and other girls i've talked to have told me "its cute" OH and the other day on SR500 these chicks next to me were screaming "we love you" .. i think they were like in they're teens or something tho so i just smiled.. but ya thats bout it for the compliments or whatever

most of you saw my ratty primer black and tan 4 door at canby parked next to kiznooks car( it aint that pretty). and let me tell you people honk and wave all the time.(its sweet)

it is funny when you see some one braking there neck to see your dime. lol

I always get little kids asking me what it is. the other day i had an older guy tell me a story of how they where the only car you could buy for under $2000 bucks in the late 60's early 70's

I thought I could pick up the chicks with my Yellow 510 but all I got was Young males driving Hondas and old guys that said I used to have one come around,Still no chicks!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the same problem. Coming back from Canby had a couple guys in an Acura yell out their window "Like your Truck!". Also had some (visably drunk) race fans out at "Tastin' and Racin'" the day before whooping it up over my 4X4 (the one with the Rising Sun hood).

In fact, the only female-type that's ever commented on my truck was my sister who thinks the Banzai hood is offensive.

Of course, the lack of women making any notice is probably more due to the nut behind the wheel.

My grandpa (WWII vet) told my brother "don't tell Guy, but a datsun is not a good car" better not let him see the rising sun.

I get thumbs up alot, and nods. ALWAYS have people saying how they used to have one. The other day at the cuise in I had a guy try to talk to me. he was telling me how the engine was stolen from the british and the rear suspension from the 2002....errm okay mister.

Most people just look confused, as if they've never seen a 510 before. then theres the people that ASSume that you're driving slow and pull out in front of you or do stupid shit. Fun to show them what's really up.

And it's really funny making a fool of ricers (honda boys) in a 35 year old car :D

I get alot of looks and points, but I tend to think they cant believe a fat ass like me can even get into a truck like mine:eek:....lol...but I do get alot of people admire that fact that I have done som much to me Datsun....hell even my little hoopty gets coments once in awhile....:D

engine was stolen from the british ??

I though it was a Mercedes clone on the 6 cylinder just 2 wacked off.

Pretty close to a German/english Pinto motor also(which I dont know)

Japan did make alot of British cars under lisense. So the British pipe threading .

The day I got back from Hawaii a guy at the Quickie Markt said ,Man I havent seen one of those in a Long time!!!!!!!

If you teemed that yellow car up with a hunk like me, I would need a stick to keep the chicks away!

Picturing a claymation movie of Jeff holding a baseball bat pummelling skinny clamation representations of Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan with it as they try to wrestle his pants off.

2eDeYe;10872']Did anyone say they had one just like it? I bet not :P

I was always getting compliments on my truck...people loved it :D

I loved it, made me want a 620, well yours and bleach's :)

My grandpa (WWII vet) told my brother "don't tell Guy, but a datsun is not a good car" better not let him see the rising sun.

I get thumbs up alot, and nods. ALWAYS have people saying how they used to have one. The other day at the cuise in I had a guy try to talk to me. he was telling me how the engine was stolen from the british and the rear suspension from the 2002....errm okay mister.

Most people just look confused, as if they've never seen a 510 before. then theres the people that ASSume that you're driving slow and pull out in front of you or do stupid shit. Fun to show them what's really up.

And it's really funny making a fool of ricers (honda boys) in a 35 year old car :D

Thats funny... Not a good car haha

I hate the 2002 remarks! who gives a shit if BMW had a sedan with IRS. How different can a sedan look? 2002 aren't worth shit nowadays anyways (sorry Tangent) Frank had a super clean one and it took him a week to sell it for cheap! He said if it was a 510 in the same condition it would have sold in 30 minutes for double the price.... Also semi trailing arms are nothing new to the suspension world. go look under a VW bug, how old are they? semi trailing arms are just a cheap way of doing IRS. The engine was a design by The Prince Motor Corp, which merged with Datsun in the 60's. They almost merged with Mercedes so there engines look very similar. There is also nothing new about an overhead cam even in the 60's. During the second world war the US built boat engines with dual over head cams. Ask Doug, he will tell you. I hate those kinda guys who try to tell you how it is with your dime..... My favorite one liners......

1. I had one of those (I wonder if it was really a B-210)

2. I parted out better cars than that. (Thats not the point dumb ass)

3. Do you know the V6 will fit in there (Some dude told me I should pull my sr and put a buick v6 in it.... can you believe that?)

4. The 4 doors have a stiffer body... ( bull shit, I took the quarter panel of a 2 door once and its identical to the 4 door under neath. I also asked Baz and he agreed)

5. Do you want to sell it. ( then when you go no, they go come on there has to be a price.... so you go 5k and they go, your a dumb ass... you asked! Look on craigs list then dude)

I know there is more...

yea i hear that man.. people try to pass me up all the time.. they hate bein behind me.. even if im speeding.. which i often am.. by 5 or 10 mph.. so they FLY by me.. then slow down.. POINT?? no clue its the freeway anyways so racing there is sorta retarded.. since if im going 60.. i cant really drop to 3rd because well ya 5500-6000rpms is high enough for me.. so only choice is to punch it which really does no good if the other vehicle is geared properly or whatever.. and ya gramps likes FORD ?? lol just guessing.. i hate ford.. dont know why.. just do

I hate the 2002 remarks! who gives a shit if BMW had a sedan with IRS. How different can a sedan look? 2002 aren't worth shit nowadays anyways (sorry Tangent) Frank had a super clean one and it took him a week to sell it for cheap! He said if it was a 510 in the same condition it would have sold in 30 minutes for double the price.... Also semi trailing arms are nothing new to the suspension world. go look under a VW bug, how old are they? semi trailing arms are just a cheap way of doing IRS. The engine was a design by The Prince Motor Corp, which merged with Datsun in the 60's. They almost merged with Mercedes so there engines look very similar. There is also nothing new about an overhead cam even in the 60's. During the second world war the US built boat engines with dual over head cams. Ask Doug, he will tell you. I hate those kinda guys who try to tell you how it is with your dime..... My favorite one liners......

3. Do you know the V6 will fit in there (Some dude told me I should pull my sr and put a buick v6 in it.... can you believe that?)

4. The 4 doors have a stiffer body... ( bull shit, I took the quarter panel of a 2 door once and its identical to the 4 door under neath. I also asked Baz and he agreed)

5. Do you want to sell it. ( then when you go no, they go come on there has to be a price.... so you go 5k and they go, your a dumb ass... you asked! Look on craigs list then dude)

I know there is more...

yea jeff people are retarded.. i HATE when people try to tell me shit i either already know.. or shit that is WRONG and when i tell them how it REALLY goes they say, no no.. its like this.. an get all offended but whatever like i've said before theres a difference between a datsun owner and someone who owns a datsun.. catch my drift?

I hate the 2002 remarks! who gives a shit if BMW had a sedan with IRS. How different can a sedan look? 2002 aren't worth shit nowadays anyways (sorry Tangent)

Doesnt bother me a bit.. Laura and I already knew this.. we own one you know. The interior is nice though.

I love the V-6 remark.. sounds like my buddy.. But hes like aluminum V8 man.. He only tells me thats what I shoud Do to the 521 when he is trying to get on my nerves now.

4. The 4 doors have a stiffer body... ( bull shit, I took the quarter panel of a

2 door once and its identical to the 4 door under neath. I also asked Baz and he agreed)

I know there is more...

you for got the one i always here.

i had one of those! I was going to turbo it but i sold it. (I will not be one of these guys i will turbo something in my dime just so that i will not fall in this category!)

exactly.

a couple days ago i was at the gas station some guy was talking to me about my 510 and he was telling me to take care of it, maybe it was because of the rust but into the conversation he was like you probably wish it was a 2 door and i said im just happy to have one :D

icehouse knows alot of people stare, i will pull up to lights and people glace over and see the hood then do a double take on the car, its funny