people these days

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get alot of stares and compliments too,@ a month ago me and my son were driving the blue '74 620 and a young kid pulls up beside us in a s10 and just keeps staring he then rolls down his window and the only thing he say's is "that's sick man,that's f***in' sick", my son starts laughin and tells me i think he thought your truck is cool! now thats cool!!!

Doesnt bother me a bit.. Laura and I already knew this.. we own one you know. The interior is nice though.

I love the V-6 remark.. sounds like my buddy.. But hes like aluminum V8 man.. He only tells me thats what I shoud Do to the 521 when he is trying to get on my nerves now.

I think 2002 are a cool car, I just hate how people have to try and make you feel like your car isn't good enough or something. They don't even think about it logically. Cars have always been like that, even now. They compare the mid sized cars with other mid sized cars, small SUV's with other small SUV's. My favorite part is... "Our small SUV has more cargo space more leg room and more horse power than the leading other small SUV....." Doesn't that basically mean its a mid sized SUV? I can't really watch TV, it makes me sick. But cars have always been competing.... I'm sure the BMW commercials commented on the leg room and more cargo room than the 510 :D Can we still be friends even though you have a BMW :D hehe

you for got the one i always here.

i had one of those! I was going to turbo it but i sold it. (I will not be one of these guys i will turbo something in my dime just so that i will not fall in this category!)

Yeah or like some of us who collect datto's... Getting the rolling shell with the tranny tuned cut out because of someone with a bright idea....... Or the straight 2 door I got that was rusted to hell because it sat in someones back yard, it had front and rear sway bar camber plates comp springs... a rotory the list goes on and one. By the time I got the car it was to late :( all you can do is save the parts...

I've turbo'd a 510 :D

"had one, but now i have a 240sx...im a drifter, look at me"

or

"Ive got one, gonna do a SR swap"-yet they know NOTHING about dimes

Yeah everyone says the SR swap is over done, I think its not over done its just the swap everyone talks about but never does.

exactly.

a couple days ago i was at the gas station some guy was talking to me about my 510 and he was telling me to take care of it, maybe it was because of the rust but into the conversation he was like you probably wish it was a 2 door and i said im just happy to have one :D

icehouse knows alot of people stare, i will pull up to lights and people glace over and see the hood then do a double take on the car, its funny

As long as I'm looking at a 510 dash I'm happy :D

Look at it this way, At least it isnt sitting in a back yard rotting away or in a junkyard for that matter. It is a driving functinal classic Datsun...

amen brother :D

I get alot of stares and compliments too,@ a month ago me and my son were driving the blue '74 620 and a young kid pulls up beside us in a s10 and just keeps staring he then rolls down his window and the only thing he say's is "that's sick man,that's f***in' sick", my son starts laughin and tells me i think he thought your truck is cool! now thats cool!!!

Thats awesome!!

i bought a 2 door and all i could do was save the parts to it is sad when that happens!

I just don't understand how they get that way.... I guess the just sit, I have a 2 door that just sits.... I gotta get that car going!!

My grandpa (WWII vet) told my brother "don't tell Guy, but a datsun is not a good car"
Funny, that classic Datsun history book says that Nissan got off to a good start in USA because GIs wanted to buy the 1959 pickups because they knew they were good. In the 80s I worked in auto repair with a WWII veteran -- he drove an Datsun 720 pickup.

The book I'm thinking of is the one that follows two tons of ore from Australia to Japan, where it is made into a brown B210, imported by Americans to LA, then shipped to Colorado where it was sold by Americans to Americans. Just like those Americans -- GM Ford and Chrysler -- have been buying Japanese cars since the early 70s.

I have gotten only good comments about my Datsun 1200:

6553.jpg

Except my wife calls it a "clown car"...

Parking lot attendents seem to like it.

Some examples:

- Thumbs up in traffic

- Young guy at Blue Angels (boeing museum) told me "that's the coolest car I've seen all day"

- Old guy at valet parking said "I know these, we had these in the Phillipines, but they were 4-doors"

- Women like to tell me they had one back in the day (usually they mean a B210)

- A lot of guys have a "datsun story" to relate

- Yesterday a construction worker rolled down his window at a stop light and asked "where did you get that car"?

- In Japan everyone like to look at the photo of my car ... "Nissan Sunny" I told them. I got the impression they were thinking: 1) it is so old, yet in good condition to drive it every day and 2) we thought Americans drove American cars? I mean how can you stereotype Americans? It is a mixture of culture here. Welcome to the Datsun culture.

no shit jeff, Get on it bro!! hehe, i want to see it man u should try to get it going so u can bring it to blue lake

If I don't have my 68 going by then I want you to punch me :D

I have gotten only good comments about my Datsun 1200:

6553.jpg

Except my wife calls it a "clown car"...

Maybe its because of the driver :D hehe

I just don't understand how they get that way.... I guess the just sit, I have a 2 door that just sits.... I gotta get that car going!!

people dont want to see other people fix up there car and drive it around because they are haters or they have lied to them selves for so long that they beleav they are going to fix it up and then it just rust's and people like us buy it for part's !

Some of my personal favorite comments/questions:

Hey man! I like your squareback...

Datsun 510= The poormans BMW

I had a 210 once (cool, But not the same)

Holy shit that things fast! What do you got under the hood? (I start spouting off engine designations, which oviously sounds like greek to them, and they lose interest.)

You SHOULD sell me your car. (why? so you can destroy it? no thanks, i would like to be the one to destroy it)

Ah the ol L16, those babies are bulletproof. (Holy crap, someone actually made an accurate statement.)

didn't Mr. Bean drive one of those? (ummm... No, But he did drive a bitchen car!)

Are you gonna rally it? (i've been known to drive my 510 on gravel roads at high rates of speed)

Am I going to get dirty if i sit in that thing? (Maybe)

Why a Datsun? I just don't get the whole 510 thing. (not too many people do)

Can you even get parts for that thing anymore? ( you betcha)

parts? 240SX engine, 280ZX/S12 suspension and brakes. Ya, you can get parts for these. Just not body parts. :)

you dont' need parts for the L-series. People with those engines don't even maintain them anyway, except for Hainz but he has his own personal L-series warehouse of parts.

Some of my personal favorite comments/questions:

Am I going to get dirty if i sit in that thing? (Maybe)

Why a Datsun? I just don't get the whole 510 thing. (not too many people do)

i get these 2 all the time :cool:

first one from the ladies (in the wagon you only get dirty in the back ;) )

second from jeep people :rolleyes:

Guest 510kamikazifreak

My favourite one is I had one back in the day(,Man that thing I could not kill it)

You always see people looking at the car,(sometimes you wonder why):rolleyes:

ok so i was at my buddys house an his friend comes over an we're out hangin by the truck an his buddys checkin it out an he's like What is this? im like... Its a Datsun!...... he was like DUDE, DO U KNOW WHAT U CAN PUT IN THIS THING... im like NOT A V8 he says WHY NOT IT'D BE SOO FAST BLA BLA BLA.. i had to explaine.. im not tryin to bastardize my datsun with a "mustang" engine, thats what he was tryin to say before i stopped him.. i told him i'd rather use the "japanese 240sx engine" aka sr20det.. (he's an idiot doesnt know about cars much) he was like.. oh.. that will be cool i guess... so ya jesus christ man people are just soooooooooooooo not very cool sometimes i mean thats cool he liked my truck but i couldnt pound the NO V8 shit into his head