521 on BAT

d.p

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the correct 521 clock, though.  The bumperettes have extra holes & the grill has a 510 emblem?  The passenger kick panel looks like it's getting wet (not unusual), and someone has pumped a bunch of silicone between the passenger fender & cowl panel, probably trying to solve that leak.  Also looks like rust is starting to creep out the driver side fender bottom at the rocker as is typical.  That all said, it's still a very nice survivor and I hope it goes for a good price & good home.

• Like 4

Yeah I got the dame shit water stains on passenger kick panel. Tried silicone in between the gasket and sheet metal burn doesn’t seem to have helped. 

And I I don’t think the seller is selling as original.  I got mine off BAT and it was painfully original.   

• Like 3

A gorgous one was on Barret Jackson years ago. Those Barret Jackson guys are like Ratsun they didn't want to pay a lot for a Jap made rig.

It went for 4K.

But a Ratsun owner will but 3 k into a 250$ rig with no proplems and still might only be worth 1500 as his mods might be junk anyways which keeps the price down. then the next owner has big plans and pulls motor and leaves in backyard for 3 yrs then towed to the junkyard

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

A gorgous one was on Barret Jackson years ago. Those Barret Jackson guys are like Ratsun they didn't want to pay a lot for a Jap made rig.

It went for 4K.

But a Ratsun owner will but 3 k into a 250$ rig with no proplems and still might only be worth 1500 as his mods might be junk anyways which keeps the price down. then the next owner has big plans and pulls motor and leaves in backyard for 3 yrs then towed to the junkyard

LOL.  As the Ratusn world turns.  

• Like 2

Sold, but not as high as I thought it would go.

5 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Hainz, I couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 1
On 9/13/2019 at 8:04 AM, d.p said:

You think anyone on this site would pay that much for a 521?  

So only the retardedly rich can own one of these... and then one with too much replaced with after market crap (carb, fuel pump...) and not likely to yield as much return on the investment. Thanks to them this was driven out of reach of nearly all Ratsun members that would like to have owned it.

On 9/7/2019 at 9:23 PM, thisismatt said:

Not the correct 521 clock, though.  The bumperettes have extra holes & the grill has a 510 emblem?  The passenger kick panel looks like it's getting wet (not unusual), and someone has pumped a bunch of silicone between the passenger fender & cowl panel, probably trying to solve that leak.  Also looks like rust is starting to creep out the driver side fender bottom at the rocker as is typical.  That all said, it's still a very nice survivor and I hope it goes for a good price & good home.

...and differential is leaking, or at least wet and a crappy, almost 50 year old original 6 ply nylon spare.

Why is he selling? To make money on something picked up cheap in Texas. Does not know that there was no such thing as a 'long-bed' for another 4 years on the next generation 620, or that the L16 was not new for the '71 model year.  Mileage is ... probably right on an odometer that only goes to 99,999 before starting over at 00,000 again. Depresses me to see such a fine truck traded around as a commodity by an indifferent owner. Think I'm wrong? Write the description for this sale using those pictures yourself and you'll see what I mean.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

So only the retardedly rich can own one of these... and then one with too much replaced with after market crap (carb, fuel pump...) and not likely to yield as much return on the investment. Thanks to them this was driven out of reach of nearly all Ratsun members that would like to have owned it.

...and differential is leaking, or at least wet and a crappy, almost 50 year old original 6 ply nylon spare.

Why is he selling? To make money on something picked up cheap in Texas. Does not know that there was no such thing as a 'long-bed' for another 4 years on the next generation 620, or that the L16 was not new for the '71 model year.  Mileage is ... probably right on an odometer that only goes to 99,999 before starting over at 00,000 again. Depresses me to see such a fine truck traded around as a commodity by an indifferent owner. Think I'm wrong? Write the description for this sale using those pictures yourself and you'll see what I mean.

Liking to own it and giving it a good home are often two different things, though.  At this stage, its probably better that mine isn't super nice because I can't give it the home (garage) it would deserve.  Flippers do ruin the thrill of a true enthusiast stumbling onto a rare find, though...

• Like 1

giphy.gif

I hope to never get to the point that I see any Datsun as a commodity or asset. Buying and selling for profit like that is disgusting, but there are people out there like that. I'd rather see my cat go to a good home than take any money for it. Different if it was a $1,500 boat load of bananas no one has any emotional investment in. The only up side to this post is to see some nice pictures of a 521 survivor.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Mike, BaT has their own writers and does not allow the seller to write his/her own sales lit. So yes, you will find many factual errors in the literature. They tell me that this is the only way to keep it non-biased and completely objective.

I think they are missing the point. It is and should be biased. Let the buyer ask the right questions to get solid answers.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, datzenmike said:

giphy.gif

I hope to never get to the point that I see any Datsun as a commodity or asset. Buying and selling for profit like that is disgusting, but there are people out there like that. I'd rather see my cat go to a good home than take any money for it. Different if it was a $1,500 boat load of bananas no one has any emotional investment in. The only up side to this post is to see some nice pictures of a 521 survivor.

Don't get all pious on me. Just because we like to make money on old cars and trucks, doesn't mean we don't love them.

And don't put all sellers in a box either. I have never lied about anything I have ever sold. I only like to build and sell the best. How is that disgusting?

• Like 3