Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, EDM620 said:

Those look great!

ย 

I know, right!ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

I may paint the centers gold, but we will see. Or metalflake teal to match the body color, who knows...ย ย ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

They are supposed to be here Tuesday. Which is not soon enough.ย ย ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

ย 

The fronts are 17x8.5 -10 (currently have a 17x8 +0), so I will reuse my front 245/45s for now. Rears are 17x9.5 -25 (currently have a 17x9 +0), so I ordered a pair of 275/40s for the rear, which should be in today.ย These should be a much more aggressive fit than what I have, and may require a wee bit of fender trimming to clear. Which is a good thing.ย ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Duncan said:

Should should look pretty badass!

ย 

I think so.ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Probably won't put them on the car until the engine goes back into the car. Hoping to do that soon, though...ย 

ย 

As for the engine, there's been a development on that as well, but not telling until it happens...ย  ๐Ÿ˜ˆย 

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

As for the engine, there's been a development on that as well, but not telling until it happens...ย  ๐Ÿ˜ˆย 

ย 

Let's hope it's a good developmentย  โ‰๏ธ

On 7/13/2022 at 10:17 AM, datsunfreak said:

Wheels came in last night, at least 3 of them. Here's hoping UPS didn't lose #4...

ย 

Supposed to be here Monday. Pics mounted soon to follow.ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Also, getting closer on the engine front. Should know something by middle of next week.ย ๐Ÿ‘

• Like 4

My unicorn has finally been acquired, after over a year of hunting. 1996 351W, lowish miles (122k) from an E150 conversion van that looks like it was well cared for. Also as a nice bonus there are two different versions, one with EGR ports in the heads, and one with EGR ports in the intake manifold. This one is the second version, so it's much easier to delete the EGR...

ย 

image.jpeg.a5af7e13d66a1d0c7472e0372e2dac65.jpeg

ย 

ย 

1996 was the end of the line for the 351W, and only the '94-96 engine came with a roller cam and lifters stock, which is the main reason I was hunting for this particular engine. Now I just need to get it to the shop and stripped down to retrofit some of the parts to make it fit better (oil pan, mounts, etc).

ย 

Still not sure if I want to keep the serpentine belt set-up, or change to a v-belt. Using a V-belt will require changing the timing cover and water pump, which feels like a snowball maneuver...ย ย ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Keeping the serpentine drive may just require the addition of a pulley on the driver's side (to mimic the steering pump) to provide better wrap of the water pump. We shall see...ย 

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 4

I just realized why those don't "look right" to me.ย  I'm used to Watanabes on Dajibans.ย  Dajibans run 15" Wats... these are 17" and it throws me off every time.ย  I'm not nearly as jealous of them as I was expecting to be.ย  That's not to say I don't like them!ย  They are ultra super sexy time, A-1, Go Joe, love you long time!ย ย 

Just ordered a fairly huge amount of little things needed to get the engine in the car, oil pan, intake, clutch, etc.ย ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Hoping to get the engine to the shop tomorrow and on a stand so I can strip down, clean, repaint and start putting the good stuff on.ย ๐Ÿ˜

• Like 5

Got the engine on the stand, and at least got all the front end stuff removed...

ย 

image.jpeg.1786e70c8ab08ad7c3a88de4eb6bdbcf.jpeg

ย 

ย 

Hoping to get the top end bits off on Saturday so I can start cleaning the engine for paint, but still undecided on a color. Was thinking good old Ford blue, but Tim suggested a dark gray "cast iron" color, which could look very nice with all the fancy aluminum bits we will be adding to it...

• Like 3
10 hours ago, EDM620 said:

Curious about the total height of the intake etc. compared to the more shorter original moto-vation. Will it fit under the hood?

ย 

That intake? There is zero chance that will clear the hood. That's why it's getting one of these...ย ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

sdm-1-147-047_yv_xl.jpg

• Like 1
  • datsunfreak changed the title to 1967 Galaxie 500 Project, aka Jules