Project "MX520" TOP SECRET

Bob3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how far will carbon fiver sheet bend before it breaks? im thinking about making carbon fiber door panels but they curve at the top

With the sheet I used you could probably get it to bend a 3" radius. I hope this helps with your project Bonvo.

Even after watching this build take shape for the past year, when I see that engine bay I can't believe how clean it looks !!!

Looks like it belongs there- testament to skills. Air dam looks tits too!

oh, yeah-

More RACE PICS PLEASE !!! :)

(EDIT: look at my post count hehe)

I have not been on ratsun for a while, but this is totally awesome!!! I bought my first Datsun in 1999 and was hooked. Mine is the same 1966 single headlight 520. It was actually registered as a 1967 since that is when it was imported, but the VIN plate has a photo-engraved 6 with a "stamped" 7 over the top of the 6. My 1963 NL320 that I ended up with for free was a early 70's version of this type of conversion, except it had been done with late 1960's Toyota Corona parts. It had the Corona independent front suspesion, rear-end, master cylinders and electronics. The 60's 1600 and trans was gone, but litterally sitting (held in with blocks of wood and rope, was a Toyota Corolla 3TC. But it was too big with out major firewall modifications. So I ended up finding a L320 with a hacked body, but a running suspension, and then proceded to fit the NL body to the L chassis which already had a J-13 in it vice the E-1.

Not hyjacking, just found this thread very inspring, and remeniscent of what my NL used to be ;-)

Thanks again for an awesome build!!! My 13yo son is jealous of both the truck and your boys, as he gets his permit here in Alaska next month, and I told him I would bring up the 520 from WA for him to learn to drive in and to work on. He wasn't too keen on it, as many of his friends get to drive much "cooler" vehicles, but after seeing this truck, he keeps asking if he can do that to my old 520.... I told him first things first... learn to drive it correctly, and lets get discs on the front for safety, then he can start saving and greaming, and I would help him with the construction if that is what he wanted to do with it.

love this lil ute.

How does it handle at the limit? Does it want to step out on ya?

NO....absolutely not...at all....Bob will tell you too, but let me be the first to say that this thing is meant to be on the track!

30 mile an hour corner at 100mph...felt like it was right at home...no steppin out at all... :D

Or so I heard one time from a guy that read it on the internet anyway. :unsure:

Sparkle - It handles GREAT! It can be slightly loose on corner exit. I just installed a stiffer front sway bar to see if I can dial that out. I'm going out to the track tomorrow to see how it works.

Here's a pic of my Three Amigos.

MX5201-9-10001.jpg

I know that I looked for a better grill for my 66 for several years, and it is wearing one now, but your new one is even nicer than the one I found out of Nevada. My ultimate goal was to have my original sent out to be straightened and re-chromed... Along with the 66 Bumper I found that has the hole for the hand crank. The bumper currently on my truck is nice, but it is a bumper without the hole...

Keep up the great work on your truck!!!

Garry

2eDeYe' date='15 January 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1263588929' post='255276']

Hey, welcome back Garry :D

Hows the 4x4 coming along?

Not to hijack the thread, but the "Project Monster Datsun" NL320 is on hold till I either move back to WA or I get a shop here in Alaska so I can bring it up and work on it...

BTW, Does anyone know what happened to all my pics on my Post Thread for "Project Monster Datsun" that was on the oldl forum? I haven't been able to find that thread.. I do have a few updates of what was done before I moved to Alaska, but it would be nice to find that thread and pics...

Thanks for asking,

Garry in Alaska