My 1971 521

d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuck me thanks guys.  I can do all that but not sure where or how to attach clips?  I guess I can look for ones that mount with a nut/bolt and see if I can a place close to lint them?

Matt I already bought a flaring tool:

66C062D8-95EA-4C5B-960C-F29463005C09.jpeg

12 hours ago, d.p said:

I asked and he said it just a spacer and gets squeezed in between the caliper and the bracket.  Seeing as I had a problem with beebani’s and his was fully welded who the fuck knows.  All this stuff is fly by night if you think about it. 

And sorry to say DP his bracket didnt fail... your bolt fell out...

That's your mistake...

I have had mine on my truck for 5 years with zero issue and no loose bolts....

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, d.p said:

Fuck me thanks guys.  I can do all that but not sure where or how to attach clips?  I guess I can look for ones that mount with a nut/bolt and see if I can a place close to lint them?

Matt I already bought a flaring tool:

66C062D8-95EA-4C5B-960C-F29463005C09.jpeg

Noice.

47 minutes ago, d.p said:

Where can I buy and how/where can I attach brake line clips? I mean hard to attach to the axle 

Don't know. Weldz.

35 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

And sorry to say DP his bracket didnt fail... your bolt fell out...

That's your mistake...

I have had mine on my truck for 5 years with zero issue and no loose bolts....

Yeah man I didn't say it was his fault, and why that bolt backed out I have no idea, the other 3 didn't so who knows what happened.  But there is a lot of hate for Beebani here and on the FB groups and I am not part of all that.  I defend him for the most part and never said anything bad about him.  

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, d.p said:

Yeah man I didn't say it was his fault, and why that bolt backed out I have no idea, the other 3 didn't so who knows what happened.  But there is a lot of hate for Beebani here and on the FB groups and I am not part of all that.  I defend him for the most part and never said anything bad about him.  

Glad to here....

I wish more people helped him with his designs more than criticized..

Even my 5link setup wasn't 100% correct but it was better than a universal kit.... only problem I had was the geometry of the links but I worked with what I had.... I bet it would have worked as he designed it but I took it a step further with stroffgren's guidance.... 

I get my brake hardware from Pegasus Racing. Here are the clips that go into the slot on the rubber hose:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=6278

You'll need a small square piece of steel with a hole in it large enough to Pass the rubber line through, and then snap the clip onto the back side. Maybe get some steel angle iron, and drill a big hole in one side, and a small bolt hole in the other side. 

On the other hand, you could also have Pegasus make you braided lines with bulkhead mounts on one end. It removes the clips, and allows you to bolt the brake line to the bracket.

HE555-03P-000.JPG
That’s what I did for my front lines:

d1vXk7X.jpg

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Glad to here....

I wish more people helped him with his designs more than criticized..

Even my 5link setup wasn't 100% correct but it was better than a universal kit.... only problem I had was the geometry of the links but I worked with what I had.... I bet it would have worked as he designed it but I took it a step further with stroffgren's guidance.... 

The dude sends out crappy/dangerously built/designed products and expects the buyer to do the testing/R&D. GTFO with that. I don't think you've heard all the stories.  Maybe if he said sorry once in a while, and made things right when an issue arose, but I haven't heard of that. 

I like to see things built at least as well as something that would come from the factory. Not seeing it... 🤷‍♂️ Anyways, nothing personal and if you like his stuff that's all good...back to dp shenanigans

• Like 2

cqUeg6y.jpg

Do your drums have two small threaded holes across from each other close to the lug nut circle? If yes you can screw in a 12mm bolt into both and slowly and evenly tighten. Fully retract the brake shoes using the adjuster first. The bolts bottom out against the axle end and pull the drum outward. If the shoes are not backed off properly it will tear out the anti rattle springs.  The 521 may not have these but a lot of Datsuns do.