d.p

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, mrbigtanker said:

Not sure looks like a Jag.  still can't look pass those gas prices we are 1.00 more here and 1.50 plus in Los Crapulous

Close, DB9 V12 Aston Martin Volante.   And gas is still relatively cheap here.  

51895438048_af38f8e19a_b.jpg

• Like 1

The prices for those have continued to climb since the pandemic started.  We’re more affordable a couple years ago.  

And not for nothing this car cost me 0$ as it was it my dads who gave it to my son (who isn’t even old enough to drive yet).  

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, d.p said:

The prices for those have continued to climb since the pandemic started.  We’re more affordable a couple years ago.  

And not for nothing this car cost me 0$ as it was it my dads who gave it to my son (who isn’t even old enough to drive yet).  

I admire that. Your dad seems like a good man. You on the other hand. Lol

• Haha 1

He’s not driving, he’s 13.  

Besides he wants an is300 or something JDM for his first car so I really have no plans of letting him daily drive this fucker.  And if he doesn’t get another car his choices are all less than ideal for a new driver. 

Aston MartIn DB9

BMW M3

AMG GLA45 >>>> probably the best for him but still AWD turbo.  

Souped up 521

and no it doesn’t leak oil. It’s been very well cared for since new.  

• Haha 1

He knows how to drive a manual. Has a full racing sim rig with all Fanatec and an NRG racing seat.  Myself and his mother aren’t sure that a 521 is the safest vehicle for a new driver.  Specifically how small it is compared to other cars on the road.  

Don’t get me wrong I’ll let him drive it but it shouldn’t be his sole mode of transportation.  He’s for sure going to get a car so I’m not too worried about it. 

Edited by d.p

Alright verdict is in and the 3.70 gears seem to be a sweet spot.  70 is like right Siri d 3400RPMS and 80 is right around 4k.   Didn’t seem to lose anything in the powerband but it does seem to rev out more.   

• Like 2
2 hours ago, d.p said:

Alright verdict is in and the 3.70 gears seem to be a sweet spot.  70 is like right Siri d 3400RPMS and 80 is right around 4k.   Didn’t seem to lose anything in the powerband but it does seem to rev out more.   

Yes, all gear changes will be at higher speeds so a little longer getting there. Well that's great DP.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, d.p said:

good shit man!!!!

• Thanks 1

LOL man. It was a gift from my dad to my son so I really got nothing to do with it other than being the second generation of this family and my son the third.    

Anyways been driving the truck a lot lately with the warmer weather.  Got a shit ton of wood and how wire fence for my deck railing project which I never used.  When I went to return the wood the truck was pulling super hard to the right and I had to fight it to keep it going straight.  When I got out and checked my front pass tire was nearly flat. Had like 10psi in it which sucked.  Filled it up with air but must have a slow leak somewhere.  Miss the modern convenience of the car telling me when a tire is low.   

Drove it today after the rain and was fish tailing around corners and spinning the tires which was fun.  Truck can get after it when I want it to even when it’s dry.