A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

Thanks.....

Probably won't be bringing any spare transmission parts... I do keep the basics in the truck just incase...

Plugs, cap , rotor, some oil and carburetor jets and a AAA membership.... 

Truck has been running really good so I'm not to concerned about the drive.... I think its 75 miles or so and a little over an hour .... i have done that distance before with no issue.... but I definitely wouldnt do it with just the 4spd... 

Driving to work today was great, again shifting to 5th was like butter... no fighting it anymore...

Its definitely amazing the problems we live with till we have to do something about it....

I'm just glad the broken shift fork didnt cause any damage and just forced me into the repair....

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

Its definitely amazing the problems we live with till we have to do something about it....

I'm just glad the broken shift fork didnt cause any damage and just forced me into the repair....

RIght. Then once you fix it, you're hating yourself for living with a substandard situation for so long. Like our old coffee table...

• Like 2

We just got back from our anniversary night....

200 miles later and the truck was flawless .... the wife got the full experience being in the truck and she didn't complain at all.....

We lost track of the amount of people taking picture, looking,  giving thumbs up and plenty of in person comments..... 

Only picture I took was from our window.... 

20210801_094722.jpg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Those are not Datsuns! 

Congrats on a good trip.

Now it is time for a cross country trip like Williams AZ October 1 and 2nd.

https://route66jdm.com/

I know, couldnt even get the datsun in the pic.. I was always parked in non exciting picture locations...

I would love to do a trip like that but might have to wait till retirement for a bucket list drive like that..... 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mainer311 said:

Full blown Jamaican dancehall? Or like “Cali reggae?”

Rebelution, Iration, The Holdup, and Three Legged Fox are all great “reggae” bands.

I have no idea, I enjoy the vibe of the music but that's about all I know....

I know mostly I hear Bob Marley or something with a similar feel..... 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, mainer311 said:

Full blown Jamaican dancehall? Or like “Cali reggae?”

Rebelution, Iration, The Holdup, and Three Legged Fox are all great “reggae” bands.

Hate dancehall like those guys, Slitgtly Stoopid are good, SOJA used to be good but I don't care for their new stuff... but I really like actual Jamaican reggae, Anthony Rose, Anthony B (Cold Feet probably one of my favorite songs), Jimmy Cliff, Peter Tosh, Gregory Isaacs, Dennis Brown, Barrington Level, early Gentleman, Richie Spice and EARLY Bob Marley when he just got into being a rasta.   

• Like 4

Luckily no repairs needed so I can get back to working on the bed....

1st order of business was pack up the 4spd and get it put away....

I saved everything together, shifter, transmission mount and a couple different bolts... starter bolts on the 4spd go all the way through but the 5spd do not.....

20210807_190012.jpg

I recently started working on an old idea for a couple ratsun members ... 

Basically reproducing those door clip/springs... no idea what they are really called... but basically the metal clip that catches the door and keeps it open... I think it also helps limit how far the door opens .....

Anyhow this thing....

20210808_101928.jpg

20210808_101936.jpg

• Like 1

This is only the second one so far... 1st one I missed the small bend at the end.... I know they are not perfect but they are close enough to do their job.... I'll test them in my truck before tempering them....

2 sets are spoken for, and I only have 4 pieces of metal left... 

My intention are to give them away for the price of shipping to anyone who needs them and reads my thread..... I have to talk to the 2 guys I'm doing this for to see how many they need, I'd prefer to give them away as singles to help out more 521 owners but if you need 2 I'd be happy to accommodate..... 

So in total I'll have 8, possibly only 4 plus the 1 without the extra bend....

• Like 1