A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

5 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Someone likes black!  LOL Looks good.

Ya even the wifes Subaru,  but the Nissan is actually a dark gray.....

My interior has blue lights and the seats are blue which need to be recovered..... 

I have been thinking about some blue accents to the datsun..... 

Maybe the emblems or some airbrushed work down the side or up the middle of the hood....

I always have ideas that exceed my wallet.....

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I installed the new fuel pressure gauge over the weekend, so far I'm happy with what I see now while its idling and if I rev the motor.....

At idle I have about 2.5-2.75 psi, If i rev the motor i actually see the pressure increase to about 3.5...

This is with the Carter p4070 pump which should output 1-4 psi... I am using no regulatory,  just the return line with a .045 diameter hole in the restrictor... I actually soldered closed one of my air correctors and drilled to achieve that.... 

Raining today so I'll give it a good test tomorrow.....

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Revving the motor is providing extra amperage. If you disconnected the alternator charge wire, I bet the PSI would remain the same.

Voltage. Whatever little amps the pump pulls is provided at any speed. Off idle and you get more volts, so the pump spins faster.

• Like 2

I guess I have a test to try.... 

Either way everything seems more stable and running better...

I'll make sure to do a proper 2nd to 3rd gear full rpm pull getting on the highway.. true test if things are working right.....

Edit, I couldn't wait to find out the answer to the voltage comment....

I started the truck and checked the readings,  same as yesterday...

Disconnected the alternator and still the exact same readings.....

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I guess I have a test to try.... 

Either way everything seems more stable and running better...

I'll make sure to do a proper 2nd to 3rd gear full rpm pull getting on the highway.. true test if things are working right.....

Edit, I couldn't wait to find out the answer to the voltage comment....

I started the truck and checked the readings,  same as yesterday...

Disconnected the alternator and still the exact same readings.....

Good. Now I'll stop talking about voltage.

• Like 1

Well yesterday was almost a really bad day....

I decided to deliver a set of those door clips I made to a fellow ratsun member about 80miles north of where I live. Everything was going good until I started to smell fuel....

Then I started to panic because the smell turned to a burning smell and I could see smoke.... at this point of realization I'm going through a rotary and over a bridge with no where to pull over.... luckily at the other end there was a parking lot.... 

When I popped the hood I had nice fire burning, apparently the nice new fuel pressure gauge failed and was dripping fuel onto my exhaust.  Thankfully I keep a fire extinguisher in the truck and was able to deal with it quickly... I was able to remove the gauge and attach the fuel line to the carburetor and get to my destination... luckily it only ruined my pcv hose and melted some plastic covers.... 

Now I have to clean the whole engine bay from the mess the extinguisher leaves....

20211009_094015.jpg

20211009_094020.jpg

Wow man glad it tuned out alright.    

my biggest, albeit probably irrational, fear is driving my truck a long distance and having it leave me stranded.  Last weekend I had to drive 90 miles round trip to get a new lawn mower (toro super recycler) and was thinking that it would suck if I got stranded.  Shitty feeling but not sure I will ever not feel that way when driving it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d.p said:

Wow man glad it tuned out alright.    

my biggest, albeit probably irrational, fear is driving my truck a long distance and having it leave me stranded.  Last weekend I had to drive 90 miles round trip to get a new lawn mower (toro super recycler) and was thinking that it would suck if I got stranded.  Shitty feeling but not sure I will ever not feel that way when driving it. 

Still didnt leave me stranded but it was a close one.... 

Luckily the pcv hose took the majority of the damage....

Alot of melting but nothing burned through.... 

I replaced the pcv line and put a new fuel line between the metal line and the carburetor... no fuel pressure gauge... screw that thing..... 

20211010_121135.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 9:59 AM, Crashtd420 said:

I'm gonna test the fit to my truck to fine tune them before I temper them... I'm trying to get a few done this week and then I'm on vacation for a week... but I will be home for a couple days before I go back to work.... I would like to finish them up during that time, so hopefully I can send them out soon.....

Just an fyi these are all spoken for... 

If anyone else needs them it will cost a little since I'll have to purchase more metal.....

Again private message me if you need a set....

Hey sorry to do this like this (I've never used a forum before in my life!!) Could you please email me with some costs to have a pair made and shipped to Australia? I'm I'm tad desperate to find a set lol (I don't know how to private message, sorry again!!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mainer311 said:

Jesus man. This reminds me that I need a small extinguisher for the truck. I keep one on the roll bar in the roadster.

Ya I was glad to have it...

Now I need to get a new one.... probably gonna put one in each of the vehicles.... you just never know....

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Refrax69 said:

Hey sorry to do this like this (I've never used a forum before in my life!!) Could you please email me with some costs to have a pair made and shipped to Australia? I'm I'm tad desperate to find a set lol (I don't know how to private message, sorry again!!

Got you covered....

You should be able to send a message from your profile page..

If using mobile it might be concealed in the upper right corner....

I found if you click just behind the front tire of the 510 picture at the top of the screen you can get the profile window to come up....

I'll send you a message either way.. let me know if you have problems still find the message I send you...

• Like 1