A 521 in Massachusetts

Crashtd420

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spent a little time working on the side project....

I found enough metal make a total of 8 .... I found doing each one individually sucks so I decided the next 7 all together....

I just did the first 2 bends and then the curved bend.... now it's just the real tight one left...

20210816_165641.jpg

20210816_170100.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Looks great!

I'm gonna test the fit to my truck to fine tune them before I temper them... I'm trying to get a few done this week and then I'm on vacation for a week... but I will be home for a couple days before I go back to work.... I would like to finish them up during that time, so hopefully I can send them out soon.....

Just an fyi these are all spoken for... 

If anyone else needs them it will cost a little since I'll have to purchase more metal.....

Again private message me if you need a set....

• Like 2

There was another one I played more. Ikari warriors I think? Rygar at was the first game I got on NES.  Bionic Commando was one of my favs.  Crazy back then too because the box art was really all you had to go on when you were deciding how to spend your Xmas or birthday dollars.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, d.p said:

There was another one I played more. Ikari warriors I think? Rygar at was the first game I got on NES.  Bionic Commando was one of my favs.  Crazy back then too because the box art was really all you had to go on when you were deciding how to spend your Xmas or birthday dollars.  

Dude I loved bionic commando..... 

• Like 2

Well test fitting the door springs turns out to be a bigger pain in the ass then I wanted.... 

I though I could just slide one out and another back in... seems like the easiest way Is to either not have the fender on or unbolt the entire hinge from the door to get more room to slip it in..... 

I can get them in and out without doing that but it's not quick or easy.. The good thing was the first one i was able to fit and test the function of went good. I'm pretty happy with how fit and they even seems to hold the door open like it should  ... sadly they seem even better than the ones I made 4 years ago...

Now I need to make myself a new set.....

1 hour ago, d.p said:

I noticed that as well with a NOS spring, I couldn't slide it in without taking the door off so I just said fuck it and didn't install it.  

Ya I think when I did this the first time I didn't have the fenders installed yet...

It can be done just takes a little finesse.... I had to half close the door and drop it in.... hard part is getting ahold of the flat part first to be able to pull it into place..

I'm not sure since I have 7 more to check and adjust it might be easier to unbolt the fender, I'd rather not mess with the door since I need it to open and close to check the spring.... but I'm not sure I wanna do that either.....

I'm getting more and more confident on each check how I can make them and not have to check them before I send them out.... I'm understanding more now about how they actually function... Now I am using a drill as a gap checker to make sure the gap on the small end is correct...

I have 4 checked and set,  I'm checking the last 4 as if I didnt install them but only did my new check and as if I am the one who bought them..... 

• Like 2

In between I have been trying to get 3 bolts out of my nissan.... I removed my old trailer hitch to install a new one and one side all the bolts were stuck....

I had to cut the heads off 3.... i finaly got a refill on my welding gas so today I successfully welded a nut over what was left of the broken bolt and got 1 out.... 2 more to go.

20210828_163446.jpg

• Like 1