Honey Bee! B-210 ART ala Fisch

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the awesome feedback! Now lets all talk Icehouse into making the Honeybee they just picked up to look like this!!:D

Pac, dat620, Slo and Phleb- site graphics would swell! I am clueless when it comes to that sort of thing, but Thomas and Jeff are more than welcome to use the art anyway they can to decorate this awesome place!

Shonuff- Thanks man! Well if I werent into Dattos, yotas would be my second! A Stout, a 2dr Corona, man there are a bazillon options there. And once I run out of Datsuns, my pen will have to wander! These drawings are fully digital, so art supplies are cheap! (uh other than fast macs and photoshop!$$)

xtrmemtnmn and Rubberman- I still just do it for the love, but I've thought about trading them for stuff like bumperettes, or a nice l20b for the 521. If I ever get 12 done though, might be time to think about a calendar to help support this pad!

Fil- awww dude, thanks alot bro! That really means alot! But I look at what y'all can do w' engine swaps and welders, and I am humbled. I am glad my only real skill can add something to the community, otherwise I'd be a bit like those suckerfish attached to sharks! Speaking of which, your rotary 521 is looking swell. One of my favorite paint jobs on the site!

Duncan- no doubt man! Too bad I am in the Datsun Wasteland known as New England! There are pretty much two members in a 100 mi radius!

Dat521, Stinging a honda would have been priceless!

Bonvo- Rock on man! Think of it as a temporary desktop till I get to draw a 610!

Gensaiken- Dude I though long and hard about the 160z grill. I agree it is bad ass. But in the end I went with the Honeybee one, had anyone ever noticed it looks a bit like honeycomb? They must've done that intentionally right? And I regret I couldn't work the honeycomb hubcaps into the piece, I think they are awesome, but I just wasn't feeling them on this ride.

And doood an f-10 would be pretty damn cool! Man, 610 (wagon and sedan, 2dr, 4dr), 1200, 510 wagon, 320, roadster, z, hell I still need to do a 521, and I own one! I must be mentally saving it for something special.

But dudes again, I can't thank you enough! You make me want to draw more!

Edited by fisch

love the style man, Id rock that bee for sure. If you get a Z going let me know, my 240 is mostly a blank canvas right now. my background is in GD, and various forms of stencil and "street art";) ect. Itd be sick to bring one of the drawings to life.

Scott, thanks for the compliment. It's nice to know that the man who sets the trends appreciates some scallops :D

Speaking of 521's, the 411 Ute you did is tiding me over for the time being. It looks similar enough, but you've still got the option of doing something really special with the 521. Actually... I think if you do a 521 you should just build it. Don't bother drawing it, just build it, take a picture, put it onto one of your backgrounds, then make it look like it was drawn. Or, draw one, but don't reveal it till the truck is done in the same style. :D

Fisch, man thats it, Calender, you've got to do a calender. Seriously, do one every year, same pics every year or a couple of new ones, it doesn't matter to me. I would buy a couple every year. You gotta do this, that would be so cool. Everyone get on Fischs ass to do this. I think it would be great. I would be more than willing to pay for a calender of your art work of Datsuns so that it would be worth your while and you could make some extra cash.

I'm with Rubberman, a calender should be done w/ your drawings and I wood also be interested in buying a couple,1 for house and 1 for shop.

you could take orders with money in advance to help get this going if lots of pp were interested.

I know theres more involved but this is a cool idea of getting a calender started.

just my 2 c worth.......:cool:

Me too on the calendar...and I saw an F-10 today in the JY in Colorado Springs...all complete. Well, it was missing the horn button. For real.:blink:

The Honey Bee looks stellar Fisch! Great choice on the flares.

• 4 months later...

3 things...

fisch, i hate you im so jealous of your drawing abillity!

ok, so im wondering if i give you a pic of my mustang, and pics of the parts im going to end up putting on it, and the colors ill be painting it.. what would you charge me to consept and draw it out? i want this pic so i can print it out onto a poster board and have it as a framed 3'X4' pic on my bedroom wall...

also you should have the drawings printed onto shirts and sell them (copywrite like a SOB!), you WILL make BANK off them.. i know i would buy them! You are an amazing artist, i know i can weld and fabricate and pull concept & design out of my head and make things happen but man... the talent you have is truelly astonishing:cool:

btw, did i mention im jealous, and i hate you? :P

also you should have the drawings printed onto shirts and sell them (copywrite like a SOB!), you WILL make BANK off them.. i know i would buy them! You are an amazing artist, i know i can weld and fabricate and pull concept & design out of my head and make things happen but man... the talent you have is truelly astonishing:cool:

I would buy a set of prints :thumbup:

frame that shit and hang it in the garage.

i have agood friend of the family who co-owns LA frames here in renton, if its just a bassic black metal frame with single backing, bassically nothing too crazy, then i get an amazing deal !

hell he will replace broken glass for me for free...

so let us know a price, we'll pay up and buy some pics, if you want just sell me a HI-RES copy of them and ill have them printed/framed and hand them out to everyone...

i can also have them framed/printed in almost any size..:cool:

Awww thanks for the support guys! Y'all frickin ROCK! Someday I will get this organized. Lets see how long it takes me to get 12 done! Lately I am spinning so many art-plates, that I turn to drawing dattos as a mini vacation. It is kinda nice to have one art-thing that isn't buisness, its just for the love!

But if someone has some bumperettes they want to trade for some prints, we can make it happen!