3D printerama or why I need to stop cluttering up other threads

Got some new filament in supposedly copper infused, personally I think the concentration is too low, but it does look nice. So I made this and it does work. A penny is used as the lip and inserted during the print so it is firmly bound.

C6AAD377-B00C-41CF-A64A-5EA24EF20310_zps

21B0FC99-D131-4F31-8F06-EDB03EE4630B_zps

• Like 6
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want one with a keychain hole please :D

I've actually been trying to figure out where to put the hole and still have it look right. It would be easy if I just reverse the text but then it looks funny. I'll probably just add a tab to the end.

• Like 3

MikeRl411 i was just joking.  I was just rehashing the conversation i had with him at Canby about cheap-ass Datsun guys,,, and making one-off stuff to please them.

Dead end road with a toll booth and no way to back up.  :)

. i'm in for at least 2 of those bottle openers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if you take payments. :lol:

• Like 4

MikeRl411 i was just joking. I was just rehashing the conversation i had with him at Canby about cheap-ass Datsun guys,,, and making one-off stuff to please them.

Dead end road with a toll booth and no way to back up. :)

. i'm in for at least 2 of those bottle openers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

if you take payments. :lol:

lol..I remember, that's why I thought it was funny.

I need to do some stress testing on the design first ;)

I think I'll probably add some reinforcement to the inside corners and thicken the loop if these are to be used. Seems to be that area wants to bend. That one was printed at 18% fill as a test of the design, I've since printed another at 90% fill in inverted colors. I'll open a half-dozen or so bottles and see want needs to be reinforced.

I'll be talking to the owner of the logo before I start selling anything though

• Like 2

can you use a paper clip?

I had been thinking something along that line, with some m3 bolts or a nail, but it looks like it is unnecessary. I tested the 90% fill, much more sturdy with no bending.

I should see if I can dig up some old 68-75 pennies for these so I can year match, might be a pain in the ass though.

7BC8CA3F-C2AD-4275-820D-27ACAD9BCA8C_zps

54260EDF-0D32-4C2C-924F-A43FD891C62B_zps

• Like 3

so its 90% copper filament ?

They just list it as "metal infused" PLA no idea on the metal percent. The 90% refers to the material infill, so 90% of the structure is solid plastic. 20% infill is a really common one used for lots of other stuff. Usually they fill in the central regions with a honeycomb design or just a grid.

if you in bed the penny on one side, why cant you do the same for a ring for a keyring?

As long as I model a space for it I can, but I don't have any spare keyrings. However, I've been running one of the less pretty ones (see pic) on my keychain in my pocket for a week now and it seems completely fine. So much easier for me to add it to the design.

A20AA2EB-BB1E-4BA2-A8A5-BFA88D4DA80E_zps

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

And finished version. I might need to reinforce the keyring area as it looks a little thin.

07C0EE96-ADF2-44B2-9A14-E46B63D76ABE_zps

So it turns out the keyring area is completely fine, it is actually thicker then it first appears. I've had this on my keyring since I built it and holds up with no problem.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

My two boys (4.5 and 6) keep getting into the fridge and making a mess or eating at times they shouldn't. Came up with this to lock the fridge, bolts into the spot for the hinge if you want to change the swing direction on your doors.

7DB715F4-BE04-493E-A4B4-16854EA5D499_zps

4B879108-21D3-4D58-B4BA-C605B6311FE6_zps

• Like 1