can someone explain to me whats happening here?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that Dart, no later that a '69, has been made up to look like the HEMI equipped ones with that hood. The rear axle would never come out unless some red neck engineer messed with it. Normally the Dart has leaf springs and an 8 3/4" differential as the largest engine used was a 383 (somewhat rare and maybe only in the '70?) otherwise a 300 horse 340 was about it. Looks like he hammered the gas and something came loose. I don't see the leaf springs so I guess a U bolt or lowering block (driver's side?) came loose and the axle tried to go sideways and the car rode up on the tire. A few bounces and the other side let loose and it coughed it out the back.

• Like 1

i mean, i wouldnt jump to start pointing fingers at canada. it seems like we here in america are guilty of a lot of stupid shit.

That's why we're jumping all over it. It's aboot time we get to do so, eh?  (Boom! 11,000th post.)

• Like 7

Drive shaft broke and shaved the diff out the back when it planted nose first in the pavement? :confused:

Yup that's what happened I had a duster back in the day

And I was on a road trip coming from Colorado

Stopped in Vail for some gas when I was getting

On the freeway the front

Yoke let go and dug the pavement it wasn't as distructive as that but

It did make the rear end jump in the air

The sucky part was trying to change a yoke on the side of the freeway

Laying in the snow

While douche bags were flying done the ice covered highway

Farmer

The driveshaft won't stuff the whole axle out the back unless the owner modified or molested the stock mounting of the rear end. Maybe some hillbilly welding?

You'll notice the leaf springs aren't noticeable and they don't come out the back yet the axle would normally be contained within them and to exit the car would have to come out to the side. I'm guessing this a poorly designed and installed coil spring and link swap maybe with air bags.

• Like 1

The driveshaft won't stuff the whole axle out the back unless the owner modified or molested the stock mounting of the rear end. Maybe some hillbilly welding?

You'll notice the leaf springs aren't noticeable and they don't come out the back yet the axle would normally be contained within them and to exit the car would have to come out to the side. I'm guessing this a poorly designed and installed coil spring and link swap maybe with air bags.

After getting home and looking at it on a cpu instead of my crappy cell phone

Looks!!! like a axle shaft seized up on the left side causing the wheel hop which lead to the rear end destruction

You can see the front end dive hard left,rite before the rear end comes loose

Farmer

Looks to me like a member I haven't heard much from lately started a thread about a gif while everyone else was planning for a huge all Nissan event in his home town.

Where were you man?  Hope you stayed dry!  We drove around all weekend and had decent weather for the most part.  I had no idea people were getting flooded out of their homes right down the road.