• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

It's cold as a witch's tit out there.... but by just turning my eye I can see the snow that started falling about two hours ago on my trees I planted outside my daughter's bedroom for her, but she grew up before they did and moved away and she is probably doing much the same right now with her kids..... so I can live with that.  I have the turkey started on it's 18 hour thaw out, there's some pudding and pie for Christmas desert, yams, potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, carrots, gravy and best of all, Brussel's sprouts and broccoli. And that's funny because when I was a boy we lived on a farms and had to eat broccoli by the bushel in season and I still like it. Dad used to hang parsnips under the eves, in December, he said the frost would take away the bitter taste and sweeten them. I remember custards smooth and thick and mincemeat pies, and trifle with brandy poured over it and a small sip of dandelion wine thick and sweet like cough syrup and the radio playing carols..

• Like 4

It's cold as a witch's tit out there.... but by just turning my eye I can see the snow that started falling about two hours ago on my trees I planted outside my daughter's bedroom for her, but she grew up before they did and moved away and she is probably doing much the same right now with her kids..... so I can live with that.  I have the turkey started on it's 18 hour thaw out, there's some pudding and pie for Christmas desert, yams, potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, carrots, gravy and best of all, Brussel's sprouts and broccoli. And that's funny because when I was a boy we lived on a farms and had to eat broccoli by the bushel in season and I still like it. Dad used to hang parsnips under the eves, in December, he said the frost would take away the bitter taste and sweeten them. I remember custards smooth and thick and mincemeat pies, and trifle with brandy poured over it and a small sip of dandelion wine thick and sweet like cough syrup and the radio playing carols..

As the one who makes my  dysfunctional family look like the Waltons family Christmas,,  Tennessee Williams said

“Life is all memory except for the one present moment that goes by so quick you can hardly catch it going.”

• Like 1

Could you imaging is life ran backwards? Your memory slowly erasing in the constant present, getting younger, seeing and knowing everything that was about to happen including the doctors forcibly shoving you into mom's birth canal.

• Like 1

Could you imaging is life ran backwards? Your memory slowly erasing in the constant present, getting younger, seeing and knowing everything that was about to happen including the doctors forcibly shoving you into mom's birth canal.

-Jack Handy

I just wanted to quote that for purpetuity.

• Like 1