• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes U67 i forgot to add ,,,,,,,,,,, I could use a U60 but they physically look the same, but 67 has larger valves installed ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Don't know what cam is other than probably L20b there isn't any marks and i'm to lazy to go out and measure it .

• Like 1

Pistons were self lightening style so i'm just putting whats left of reciprocating assembly in a box for now and just using block.

It did still start and idle ,,,,,,,,, no shit

IMG_2321_zpsivxapvym.jpg

Well, a stock Z20 with any L head should be a monster. 

It's got all the grunt the L20B had and more. 

• Like 1

Ahhhh Haaaaa !!  SEE !!! ??   You guys all made fun of my mirrors being mounted to ridiculously low on the door of my goofy 411 to even see them,,,,,,,,,,, well NOW they are all the rage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bitches !!

1969 Datsun 510 2dr w/ rotary engine $3,500

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5504382418.html

00909_6ADDtuiSGtF_600x450.jpg

1452.gif

• Like 3

Crappy. I've been hunting for good Z20 pistons for quite a while. Them's are not it. 

ITM makes sets of Z20E or S pistons brand new.  Easy to get, fairly cheap.  Under $200 for a set.  Just sayin'.  I know a factory direct guy if you want a price.

Larger valves and cam don't affect the compression calculations.

Z20 block 0.5mm over. 85 X 86mm B&S  (I assume 0.5mm and not 0.50")

Swept cylinder volume 493.514cc / cylinder 1974cc total

deck height 0.3mm or 1.7cc

Gasket volume (assuming 1.2mm crushed thickness) 6.99cc

Piston dish.... zero

Open L head 45.3cc

1.7 + 6.99 + 45.3 = 53.99 + 493.541 / 53.99 = 10.1408 compression.

• Like 1

If you own a Honderp and live in southern California....do you get discounts for buying a fart can???.....1 of 3 have them, car can be falling apart with ziplocs holding the bumper....but its got a shiny fart can..... :sick:

Edit...worst are the ones on automatics... UGH......hideous!

/end rant

If you own a Honderp and live in southern California....do you get discounts for buying a fart can???.....1 of 3 have them, car can be falling apart with ziplocs holding the bumper....but its got a shiny fart can..... :sick:

/end rant

This is my favorite post you've made.

• Like 1

I mentioned the valve sizes cuz i figured if the U60 was somehow larger volume i "could" use it ,,, but wanted to use 67 since it has oversize valves..

anyways,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you for adding it up so it isn't 11+ ..  since 10 is pretty high,,  but i just can't afford the gas to support  11.+ with a good amount of ignition lead i like to run,,,,, even though it would be just a once in a while Sunday drive type car ...

I read a few times ( in threads here)  combinations very near mine(  stock bore size in those ) would come out to what you calculated,,  but the calculators i used never spit out those numbers..

Still don't know why it kept spitting out such high numbers

Larger valves and cam don't affect the compression calculations.

Z20 block 0.5mm over. 85 X 86mm B&S  (I assume 0.5mm and not 0.50")

Swept cylinder volume 493.514cc / cylinder 1974cc total

deck height 0.3mm or 1.7cc

Gasket volume (assuming 1.2mm crushed thickness) 6.99cc

Piston dish.... zero

Open L head 45.3cc

1.7 + 6.99 + 45.3 = 53.99 + 493.541 / 53.99 = 10.1408 compression.

ITM makes sets of Z20E or S pistons brand new.  Easy to get, fairly cheap.  Under $200 for a set.  Just sayin'.  I know a factory direct guy if you want a price.

I find em on eBay for less than $100.

Kinda rich for me.

Get me a price. Z20S/flat tops. .040 over/86mm.

/end rant

Wait ziplocs holding the bumpers on? I hope they're using gallon size not sandwich bags....

• Like 1

I mentioned the valve sizes cuz i figured if the U60 was somehow larger volume i "could" use it ,,, but wanted to use 67 since it has oversize valves..

anyways,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you for adding it up so it isn't 11+ ..  since 10 is pretty high,,  but i just can't afford the gas to support  11.+ with a good amount of ignition lead i like to run,,,,, even though it would be just a once in a while Sunday drive type car ...

I read a few times ( in threads here)  combinations very near mine(  stock bore size in those ) would come out to what you calculated,,  but the calculators i used never spit out those numbers..

Still don't know why it kept spitting out such high numbers

Well it's possible that the higher octane/ retarded ignition can give better efficiency and thus better mileage. Our company van always got regular octane gas so I ran a couple of tanks of premium  because we were working out of town and lots of highway mileage. It actually gave enough better mileage to more than pay for the price increase. $7-$8 more for the premium but went farther than $7-$8 bucks of regular would have taken it. Crazy.

• Like 1