• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

A prequel is just a ploy to exploit fans and drag more money out of their pockets.

I'm ok with parallel universes in the Star Trek multiverse.  There are several throughout all of the series'.  This new shit in a red shirt pretending to be Star Trek doesn't hold up because there is ZERO logic behind it.  Who the fuck would give command of the Federation flagship to a Cadet.  

Why are Bones and Kirk in school at the same time????  It's exactly what you said about the second two Star Wars movies and the god awful prequels.  It's a big marketing ploy with no desire to be rewatchable.  It will absolutely not hold up to the test of time.  Into Darkness wasn't even a good movie.  Much less a good Star Trek movie.

I have even less hope for the next movie that's coming up.  I don't want to see adolescent Kirk trying to be a big boy and have fun at the same time.  I want him to be a goddamned experienced Captain that a crew can look up to and foreign diplomats can respect.

TL/DR:  Fuck the new Star Trek movies.

A movie does not have to be perfect to be fun to watch or entertaining. In fact if it's fun to watch you can better ignore little faults. They are better than all the preceding Star Trek movies. A different smell if not a breath of fresh air.

How do you know this? Were you there? Are you holding her up?

Did you and her just get tattoos for Xmas?

Way to pasty to be, I may be a mover but my backs not that strong. I never dated any fattys just slapped a roll and rode the waves a few times.