• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was a 68 or 69 skylark i would have got in and locked the doors ,, till they just let me have it. 

My best friend had a 68/69 GS 400 4speed ,, silver with black vinyl top, ( obviously well used)   that he bought from money working in his dads butcher shop... The clutch went out and he sold it to his brother for $400. bucks .. Who promptly put his camaro 305 with automatic in it  so his girlfriend could drive it..  But remember those G50 series  tires you had to jack the back of the car up to clear,,,,,,,,,,,, well the air shocks made the car bounce to much for her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so you guessed it,,,,,,, they cut the rear fenders so you could lower it some......... :geek:

• Like 1

Ahhhhh. Fresh air vents in the foot wells and wing windows in your face.

Was beautiful thing before so much congested traffic

My kids wouldn't even know how to get the windows down or the doors unlocked

• Like 3

If it was a 68 or 69 skylark i would have got in and locked the doors ,, till they just let me have it. 

My best friend had a 68/69 GS 400 4speed ,, silver with black vinyl top, ( obviously well used)   that he bought from money working in his dads butcher shop... The clutch went out and he sold it to his brother for $400. bucks .. Who promptly put his camaro 305 with automatic in it  so his girlfriend could drive it..  But remember those G50 series  tires you had to jack the back of the car up to clear,,,,,,,,,,,, well the air shocks made the car bounce to much for her,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so you guessed it,,,,,,, they cut the rear fenders so you could lower it some......... :geek:

the thing was, just like 510s, for a lot of years they were just old cars and since they weren't chebbies or ferds their rate of attrition and destruction was staggering. I gave $50 for this '68 in 1990 because it needed an oil pump.

bh2.jpg

it ran, drove, had a newer white vinyl interior, dual in-dash cassette but when the oil pump went the guy's wife made him sell it. I'm guessing you know that the Buick 350s had an external oil pump??? That shit was awesome! Pull two cover bolts off the pump (which was mounted externally on the block), yank out two gears, insert new gears, pack that shit with Vaseline, re-install the cap and you're DONE!!!! After I drove it a few miles I figured out it had a massive transmission leak, sold it for $300 to an NCO who fixed it and shipped it from New Jersey back to Hawaii when he got out.

Heck, up until about six years ago I could have bought a '69 or '68 Buick California GS post car from the elderly second owner for $1200. It ran, drove, had shiny paint (with massive bondo spider-webbing on the passenger rear quarter) and rusted Cragar SS rims.

It seemed like even during the muscle car revival of the 1980s the performance Buicks of the '60s didn't get much love unless they had a 455 and the air induction hood.

So my 87 year old Aunt died and her wake was Sunday............

Here is the 67 Buick Skylark she had owned since ,,,,,,,,,,,,, it rolled outta fuckin Detroit .

DSCN0341.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

She always had a big toothy smile and an ice cold beer in her hand

This is seriously sweet  old American iron!

• Like 1

Just like the Oldsmobile, the Buicks were land barges. To gain street cred they offered insane 400 + cu in power plants and 'cool' 442 or GS options. At least Pontiac had the GTO. Anyone remember Dr. Oldsmobile? They could be fast but not really taken seriously as a 'Muscle Car' by muscle car owners. Hard to shake that 'old man's car' image.