INSMNCS: John Cain

This is my favorite part of Canadians pointing out our nations faults.

Of course it's easier to make things work for your entire country on such a smaller scale.

Yet there is still a matching holiday for every one of ours, even if they had to make it up. Gotta have that monthly three day weekend to hit the outlets malls in the States, lol.

In the end, as was implied further in the quoted post, this argument is futile as truthfully neither side will admit having been proven wrong if/when it is done.

Small countries have plenty of challenges that the overbearing US would never face. Namely: caring about how much money they have/can spend/earn.

Our holidays are almost entirely not US specific.

Are you knocking Canadians for shopping here? Really?

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flatcat19

• VFR800

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

Top Posters In This Topic

Small countries have plenty of challenges that the overbearing US would never face. Namely: caring about how much money they have/can spend/earn.

Our holidays are almost entirely not US specific.

Are you knocking Canadians for shopping here? Really?

And this is why I almost didn't bother posting at all.

Are you reading into my statements and finding things that weren't there, really?

I never said there was a lack of issues to run a smaller country, just easier when the number of affected is lower.

I never said the holidays were specific to the US, just that they matched up and some, not unlike ours, were made up.  It was about the matching so the time off was convenient to match up, nothing more.

I never said it was derogatory that they want to hit the outlet malls, just that that's where a large percentage head to when down here. I live in an area with multiple outlets malls in a rather small radius so it's something I observe on a fairly regular basis.

And people wonder why politics and religion are usually completely disallowed on forums.

I just lol over the statement "The US contributes nothing."

Nothing except 17x what Canada does in a year.

As you logon to the internet with your Microsoft Windows, Apple, or Google (android) device. 

And this is why I almost didn't bother posting at all.

Are you reading into my statements and finding things that weren't there, really?

I never said there was a lack of issues to run a smaller country, just easier when the number of affected is lower.

I never said the holidays were specific to the US, just that they matched up and some, not unlike ours, were made up. It was about the matching so the time off was convenient to match up, nothing more.

I never said it was derogatory that they want to hit the outlet malls, just that that's where a large percentage head to when down here. I live in an area with multiple outlets malls in a rather small radius so it's something I observe on a fairly regular basis.

And people wonder why politics and religion are usually completely disallowed on forums.

oh god the outlet malls. I used to live a mile from the seattle premium ones in marysville and when that first opened it was hell to get to work on the weekends. Same with cabelas on that note.

I love it when people living in other countries comment on our politics and attempt to undermine our process, we are that important to the world :)

I make fun of religions all the time because, well it's deserving of it. Still it struggles through. I don't see making fun of something (that is really funny anyway) is undermining it. In theory and on paper your set up is arguably the envy of the world, and many countries emulate it.... however in practice everyone should pull their heads out and take a real good look at how things really work. Donald Fucking Trump???? President???  :rolleyes:  :lol:  Clown Shoes!!! You left the British monarchy, but recently set up your own royal dynasties... Kennedy, Bush, Clinton. Fuck, even we are doing the same with Trudeau. Your founding fathers didn't intend this, surely.

In religion and politics only the fanatical get bent about what others think about them.

If by important you mean the over consuming plague that takes everything yet contributes nothing, then yes you are important.

I wouldn't say nothing but it is like a virus. Moves in, takes over and exhausts the resources, moves on.

You seem happy to take our money for all those trees you are cutting

First your carpenters know that your lumber is shit and love Canadian wood. Ask any carpenter. Better and cheaper. Look up the softwood lumber disagreement between Canada and the US. Time and again the US has tried to fuck us over by imposing an illegal import tax and time and again they have lost in court but refuse to abide by their own agreed upon binding arbitration.

Lets put together a short list of shit the USA has or is contributing

The Internet, or at the time DARPA

Modern Manufacturing (The assembly line)

Flight....

The fact you aren't speaking german at this moment (WWII)

The internet............... mmmmmm yes

The assembly line..... yes

Flight......................... no. First powered flight yes. You never gave flight to the world.

Won WW I I .............. no. Major helper absolutely, mostly due to the assembly line.

• Like 1

I love it when people living in other countries comment on our politics and attempt to undermine our process, we are that important to the world :)

My comment about the US election applies to any and all "democracies" including the one supposedly here in AUS.

Undermining that process does not require my comment,the people in the process are doing a GREAT job at that,they are THAT important to those running things.

It was not a stab at the US people,a stab at the US politics - yes,politics is shit in every country. :)

• Like 1

I make fun of religions all the time because, well it's deserving of it. Still it struggles through. I don't see making fun of something (that is really funny anyway) is undermining it. In theory and on paper your set up is arguably the envy of the world, and many countries emulate it.... however in practice everyone should pull their heads out and take a real good look at how things really work. Donald Fucking Trump???? President??? :rolleyes: :lol: Clown Shoes!!! You left the British monarchy, but recently set up your own royal dynasties... Kennedy, Bush, Clinton. Fuck, even we are doing the same with Trudeau. Your founding fathers didn't intend this, surely.

In religion and politics only the fanatical get bent about what others think about them.

I wouldn't say nothing but it is like a virus. Moves in, takes over and exhausts the resources, moves on.

First your carpenters know that your lumber is shit and love Canadian wood. Ask any carpenter. Better and cheaper. Look up the softwood lumber disagreement between Canada and the US. Time and again the US has tried to fuck us over by imposing an illegal import tax and time and again they have lost in court but refuse to abide by their own agreed upon binding arbitration.

The internet............... mmmmmm yes

The assembly line..... yes

Flight......................... no. First powered flight yes. You never gave flight to the world.

Won WW I I .............. no. Major helper absolutely, mostly due to the assembly line.

The voice of reason^^^^

Thanks, Dad. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yawn. Get all this political shit out of here.

All this bullshit you guys spew, are things I don't want to know about you.

Start a thread for political discussion.

The internet...if you don't like something, don't read it. Can't. You guys are pasting it across the thread.

Get that shit out of my basement.

• Like 2