"Ruined" Enthusiast's 510

Lol, "all new threads need to be in insomniacs" ... maybe you should make that a rule. This is general discussion section is it not?? Constantly acting as though everybody NEEDS to wade through all the BS in insomniacs (the same BS you're complaining about) or not make new threads at all is uncalled for. Lighten up Canadian.

This is a good thread to discuss what we like and don't like about the car and not have to wade through spam posts.

-Robert

• Like 2
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok watched again.. cars not bad .. dont like the wide body ....but the guy ...how did he get a show..........."when u miss a corner u feel like a ass"..... or maybe like when u say its got no hydralic clutch and its immortalized on the internet for all of time that u dont know what the car is your driving......i wanna see more onthe z car inthe garage......i love non flared z cars now for some reason...i like flared too but stock lipped cars are sexy 

• Like 1

me too tyler i was like ... yeah its the version of a car that came 15 years later....i get what he means but i would ask him to short shift my car and take it easy too ..."wreck my sheet and i wear u for halloween next year..."

• Like 1

Lol, "all new threads need to be in insomniacs" ... maybe you should make that a rule. This is general discussion section is it not?? Constantly acting as though everybody NEEDS to wade through all the BS in insomniacs (the same BS you're complaining about) or not make new threads at all is uncalled for. Lighten up Canadian.

This is a good thread to discuss what we like and don't like about the car and not have to wade through spam posts.

-Robert

All new threads do NOT need to be Insomniac posts. Where did I say 'or don't post'? I can wait while you find the quote. YOU or anyone else should be able to make a serious post without it degrading into Insomniacs style socializing and banter.

How can you find fault with...

So with a little help this will be a friendlier place to visit. If you comment try to be positive and contributing, if negative, try to be constructive at least. If here to socialize we have Insomniacs, Daily Randomness.

The flares are really quite well done from a metal work aspect, they are proportioned very well,not the over boxy

And they are metal to boot

You know lou I hate box style flairs and most flairs in general. I never even noticed them. They're that good. :lol:

• Like 2

I watched the video.....until he called it the Japanese e30, then I was done.

Lol!

I like these flares. Not all look good, but keeping the line throughout the body makes them look stock. This is perhaps the second style of flares I like due to its smooth blending almost stock/ factory-looking style; plus them being all metal. Really nice ride, especially when you highly consider the shape it was in when acquired.

Sweet.

350 hp in a 510 needs as much tire as you can get . Awesome flares but I would have done the rear as well

the rears are done but so clean you dont notice them like the fronts

• Like 1

350 hp in a 510 needs as much tire as you can get.

You know, a smart cookie should be able to build a traction control device based on an accelerometer. Have 4 or 5 presets like a radio. Wet pavement, gravel/dirt/or compromised road, dry pavement, snow/icy....? You would have to dial them in with some testing but you could have a sensitivity dial to adjust + or - on the fly. When acceleration reaches a preset amount just before the tire breaks loose the traction control starts to act.

This would work on non ABS cars that usually compute relative wheel spin of the front and back wheels and retard ignition, cut spark or fuel to the injectors on a rotational basis which lowers power. Don't know how this would be done on a carbed car... maybe a governor? like a lawn mower?

What about a BOV that limits boost, controlled by RPMs and the gear you are in. Severely limited in high torque first gear above 4K and less and less at traction improves in higher gears?

Just spit balling here...

This car is nice as far as I am concerned. The engine bay can use some cleaning up slightly but he did say it was a track car..and if you ask me it looks that he has not 1 but 3 pretty bad ass Datsuns sitting in his driveway, how many you guys count in yours?

Only two.

I'm sorry Mike, but I'm going to have to disagree here. Traction control is for communists.

...and Canadians. It would have an On/Off

I think it looks like a nice driver! I don't care for the Autometer gauges and the roll bar but it's not my car.  But they are functional items for that car.  As far as traction control goes…..it's fine on my wife's car for snow covered roads but other than, I could do without it.  I liked the traction control on my 2004 GTO, the OFF switch worked fabulously!  But even driving that in the snow, I found it better to leave it off so I could steer with the throttle.  Kinda miss that car.

I can't count that high. rofl.gif

I believe that the front flairs are more noticeable because they had less metal to work with, it's not really that big of a fender, while the rear flair had lots of metal to work with, so the flair is more spread out, all one can do is work with what you have to work with, it looks decent enough to me, but would have to see it in person to really give an honest opinion, photos can be so deceiving.

• Like 1

What about a BOV that limits boost, controlled by RPMs and the gear you are in. Severely limited in high torque first gear above 4K and less and less at traction improves in higher gears?

Multi-stage boost controller. It's a thing you can buy, been around for years. Preset boost psi for each gear, or for different RPM ranges. It was developed for drag racing, but could be applied to a street car.  :thumbup:

Multistage boost controller would work in some situations but I have been on the freeway stepped on the gas In fourth and had my car try to come around on me. you need as much tire as you can get in a boosted 510 that instant torque will get you. With that kind of power to weight numbers it is a whole diferant animal. Driving a 510 with anything over 200 hp isn't like any other car I have owned. trailing arms + light weight and 4 times the power. You need all the Help You Can get