The State allocates funding for schools, in an asinine fashion. Example... In our District, we had a rural schools fund, used to add multipurpose buildings to several of our sites. The State spent millions on these projects. Within a couple years, the schools were too poor to even operate. 4 of 13 sites were closed, and students were bussed to the remaining schools. We now lease one of the sites to a Private school, and the other three remain closed. Collectively, just the funds wasted on the multipurpose buildings at those 3 locations, totals 15 million dollars.

I could site several examples of money wasted in our District, because of State funding being poorly distributed.

The schools aren't in need of more money, they are in need of better money management.

Edit: corrected paradime like spelling mistakes.

The majority of americans can't allocate money appropriately in their personal lives (narrow scope)...how can they possibly allocate it on such a broad scope?

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority of americans can't allocate money appropriately in their personal lives (narrow scope)...how can they possibly allocate it on such a broad scope?

Simple, accountability like in the private sector, you fk up, you get fired....not a transfer and later a bonus.

• Like 3

Agreed!   But it's even easier to fuck up when it's not your money... seemlingly

I must admit that our College District had some pretty sharp money folks at the top when the economy tanked in California a few years back. Almost all the other districts where up shit creek for not having monies in reserve and lay off, classes cut and whole semesters cut back or eliminated. We had to cut out some of the summer classes, hiring freeze and cutting hourly folks, but we survived and became a model for the other schools. 

We are still in great shape,but, the other schools are becoming too dependent on the "temporary tax" of Prop 55 to keep their shit going. This has to stop or the schools will just get worse. 

• Like 4

The university of Washington FOOTBALL coach is the highest paid state employee in Washington, that is the shit that is wrong with the system. They system has plenty of money, teachers have a decent salary for only working 9ish months a year, they have fantastic benefits, in Washington most of the yearly education budget is allocated for teacher pensions not for actual education.

• Like 3

I don't have much more on this yet. It was said in passing on a morning talk show. I've been looking for details. I guess it's also important to note, there are still investigations happening. 

If this is meant to be taken at face value, it's going to make a lot of people angry. He hit this hard at every one of his rally's and appearances.

• Like 3

In other news.. Trump held an off the record meeting with top members of the media. Gathered them all into a room... and then went ballistic on all of them.

Here are a few quotes:

“It was like a fucking firing squad"

“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said, ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed”

giphy.gif

• Like 8

I grew up with TV but Newspapers were still around and they knew that if they weren't reasonably fair in their coverage and opinion they wouldn't sell. Sure it was profit driven and bias was minimal. Then TV came along and eventually the internet and journalism started to nose dive around that time. I didn't think it could be worst but this election saw it plough into the ground and keep going. It's half way to the earth's core by now. Journalism.... is dead.   

• Like 5

Denver Sheriff Department penalized for wrongful hiring practices

The sheriff’s department will pay a $10,000 fine and will have to sort through old applications to identify people who were eliminated from consideration because they were not U.S. citizens

The Denver Sheriff Department has run afoul of the U.S. Department of Justice because it made U.S. citizenship a job requirement for its deputies during a hiring spree in 2015 and early 2016.

The sheriff’s department will pay a $10,000 fine and will have to sort through old applications to identify people who were eliminated from consideration because they were not U.S. citizens, according to a news release from the justice department.

The department must reconsider those applicants for future jobs, the justice department said.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/21/denver-sheriff-department-wrongful-hiring-practices/

• Like 1

In other news.. Trump held an off the record meeting with top members of the media. Gathered them all into a room... and then went ballistic on all of them.

Here are a few quotes:

“It was like a fucking firing squad"

“Trump started with [CNN chief] Jeff Zucker and said, ‘I hate your network, everyone at CNN is a liar and you should be ashamed”

giphy.gif

Oh god....I'd pay money for footage on that!

• Like 2

I grew up with TV but Newspapers were still around and they knew that if they weren't reasonably fair in their coverage and opinion they wouldn't sell. Sure it was profit driven and bias was minimal. Then TV came along and eventually the internet and journalism started to nose dive around that time. I didn't think it could be worst but this election saw it plough into the ground and keep going. It's half way to the earth's core by now. Journalism.... is dead.   

Just like in the "I'm as mad as hell and I won't take this anymore" film, the Entertainment Division has taken over the News Department.  No insightful inquiries into the daily happeningd, just "Yuk Yuk" mindless chatter.

• Like 3

Mike, what have you heard about this? What does it mean?

Statement by Minister Wilson-Raybould on passage of Bill C-16 in House of Commons

November 18, 2016 – Ottawa, ON – Department of Justice Canada

The Honourable Jody Wilson-Raybould, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada, has issued the following statement:

“Today, I am very proud that Bill C-16 has passed the House of Commons. This Bill would amend the Canadian Human Rights Act to add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination. It also proposes to amend the Criminal Code to add gender identity or expression to the definition of "identifiable group" for the purpose of the hate propaganda offences and to the list of aggravating circumstances for hate-crime sentencing.

All Canadians should feel safe to be themselves. Our strength as a nation lies in our diversity and our inclusiveness. It is our responsibility to recognize and reduce the vulnerability of trans and other gender-diverse persons to discrimination, hate propaganda, and hate crimes, and to affirm their equal status in Canadian society.

I am pleased that so many Members of Parliament supported this important piece of legislation and I look forward to working with the Senate as it continues through Parliament.”

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1157029