Project Kaoss: Bagged and Bodied 620.

kaoss

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started my bag project.... and lemme say this shit is hard if ur new to it. lol. so props to you. started stripping down my rear end and cutting off all the shit i dont need. and when ur new to cutting through factory welds and not exactly sure how to approach them to get them off with as much minimal cutting takes some know how. Glad my buddy who is a fabricator and machinist is helping me out.Im learning yay!

but I just wanted to stop in and see if we had any updates?? Ur thread is like my guideline and direction for how to do this. talk about a life saver. thanks for taking the time to take pictures and document everything!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tranny crossmember is fully welded and bolted in, body mounts are fully welded, replaced the carrier bearing with a new one, fabricated a new mount for it off the newly fabricated and tacked in crossmember.

IMAG0511.jpg

Next on the list is front and rear shocks, then mounts for the air tank and gas tank. run a few lines for brakes, air, and fuel, then blow it all apart for a little welding, sandblasting and paint.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

Sorry for the bad pics, I need a new camera lens on my phone.

Capped the end of frame rails.

IMAG0524.jpg

This is were the air and gas tanks are going to go, along with the valves, compressors, and water traps.

IMAG0525.jpg

Got the mounts for the gas and tank in.

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

You can also see in this pic the rear shocks tacked into place.

BC Fab (www.bcfab.com) is where you should go for all your air suspension needs/desires.

My brother Phil (fbiphil) works there, his buddy runs the shop, I help out around the shop every week or two.

Some of you may recognize his truck

521-05.jpg

521-14.jpg

The truck is at BC Fab undergoing some fun new tweaks... Custom frame rails, RHD, IRS rear suspension, air front and rear, KA swapped, and some PROPER fitment on a mini... should make people shit when it's back on the road!

Give them a call, or place your order online on their site, you'll get taken care of by not only a Datsun guy, but by a Datsun guy who was also the GM of the late Fender Bender Intl, and has a dozen years in the air ride business, not just a guy slinging parts.

are u refering to roll pans inc. or what ever when u say fbi... cause i bought fom both fbiminis....and roll pans usa or what ever and it was like wo different ecxperiences...roll pans by douches was a joke....fbi minis was money well spent...

620 frame ius looking sick ... i too like that conversion paint job....man i miss the 80's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just read through all 14 pages!!!! I too take my hat off to you for a awesome job and sharing it with us... I owned three 620's when I was in high school and a 720 afterwards. I recently found a one owner 74' 620 that I'm picking up Wed... This will be my project and I hope to enjoy it as much as you seem to have..

Thanks!!! Again..

Shawn

• 1 month later...

So i read through all the pages with a sincere hope that i could study up and attempt to try this myself. And DAMN man my fab skills are definetly not up to this. Oh and Im thinking to myself it would be cool if I could have seen this in person or helped with the process, and I noticed where you lived on the last page. Amarillo, TX the city I spent the first twenty years of my life and just recently left because of joining the military.....what are the F*&%^@# ODDs!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Man i just saw your build thread its so damn bad ass i give u props man, i just noticed you lived in rillo Im in dumas right now i just recently bought my first datsun and am loving it lol. I want to bag mine so bad just the lack of knowledge about air bags n wat not for me