kaoss

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So my instant center ended up behind my truck

Stayed up way past my bed time working on this last night.

I lowered the upper mounts the most that I could.

IMAG0124.jpg

Then I cut the crap out of everything that was keeping it from laying. There are a couple more remnants of cross member that are still keeping it up, not to mention that I'm out of suspension travel in the front.

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

Hopefully tonight I’ll get the rest of the cross member out, and the rear bag mount off so I can raise the lower bar mounts up some.

• Like 1

when i do 4 links i bend the upper link bars so they can be lower and your instant center will be in front of the truck not the rear, and i notched the frame in the front of my 320 to make it lay and also cut out the front cross member and made a new one and raised it up so the frame would lay flat on the ground

DSCN1115.jpg[/img]

DSCN1116.jpg[/img]

when i do 4 links i bend the upper link bars so they can be lower and your instant center will be in front of the truck not the rear, and i notched the frame in the front of my 320 to make it lay and also cut out the front cross member and made a new one and raised it up so the frame would lay flat on the ground

DSCN1115.jpg

DSCN1116.jpg

Damn, forced me to quote pics, just so I could see them. :lol:

And Ratsun_minni I've owned my own home since I was 20.

• Like 1

That looks good. Can you go into more detail on what you "notched the frame in the front to make it lay"

Look behind the bag in the bottom pic, there's a notch in the frame there where it allows the lower arm to go up further. I think that's what he's talking about.

Sick rear link setup

No, that's for bag clearance, I did the same thing.

That's what I thought at first when I saw it, but then it looked like the lower arm would go up in there a bit as well. Huh. Didn't think it actually needed that clearance, my HB didn't.

In that case, yes, clarification plz. lol

Capture1.jpg

Maybe this spot? Looks like tie rod/steering clearance for when it's dumped...

Yeah, my arm hits the cross member way before the tie rod becomes an issue. I've squeezed together the cross member the most that I can, but at this point, any upward travel is going to net against the lift that I get, due to the upper arm hitting the bag mount. Can't get the bag in any further, so it's I'll just z the frame the other 1" that I need. Drop spindles would correct my issue also.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, even though Spike is showing a Star Wars Marathon I went and worked on my 4 link. Cut the bag mounts and front lower bar mounts off. Raised the mounting point up to were the distance between the front bar mounts are 8" and the rear is at 10". This will put my instant center out front were it should be. Special thanks to Seth Bomar from Twisted Minis for the help.

pics?

Ok, here are the tabs I'm going to use. I had some axle tabs laying around that were too small for anything, so why not cut them up?

IMAG0152.jpg

The only thing that I'm worried about is the the corner, not sure if it will cause too much stress at that point and crack.

IMAG0153.jpg

Got the four link squared away this afternoon.

IMAG0154.jpg

Feels good knowing that's it right.

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

Also trimmed a quarter of inch of the bag plates so they could be mounted off the frame instead of on top. Started working on getting all of that mocked up. Not sure how I feel about how I'm going to have to run gussets though.

IMAG0157.jpg

I don't see the problem with the gussets. I was hoping you'd update more and elaborate. They look sturdy enough to me. Is it the shallow angle that has you concerned? I really like this build btw. Been reading it for a while now, just never really said anything about it. Keep the updates coming.

I see now. Not much left tying the two sides of the frame together. Can't really run a bar straight across without interfering with the links. Cool. Looking forward to see what you came up with.