What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the original and a remixed version so much I decided I'll post both  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZBuGEPewWk

Nice evolution of vocal with electronic/Dubstep. I usually can't stand singing in dubstep, but this vocal track has an interesting etherial quality. Well master, great sound stage. Somebody spent some serious time on this.

• Like 1

Nice evolution of vocal with electronic/Dubstep. I usually can't stand singing in dubstep, but this vocal track has an interesting etherial quality. Well master, great sound stage. Somebody spent some serious time on this.

Yea you can tell when they got there craft down on, some of these guys have some mind blowing production I wish I had half the skill lol

I wish engineers would get off their ass and start using more bineural holographic mastering techniques. All of that 3D sound scape stuff can be done in software now. I've heard a few tracks with it, but they were sad excuse for music. Still waiting for everything to come together in a new level of electronic music, kind of like Stevie Wander's Song in The Key of Life. All that power at someone's fingertips, it's only a matter of talent, ambition, and time.

Solid old school rock. Reproducing that classic Pop sound is huge in SoCal music right now and the Sons are front and center in the indi-pop scene.  A buddy of mine, Jeff Raskin has a blog about this style of music called [seven Decades Of Pop That Goes Crunch] 

Back in the late 80s in San Francisco this guy would play on the corner on Powell and Market where the cable car turnaround is. He'd sit on a little batterie powered pignose amp with his hat down over his eyes pluck'n blues and ragtime with a huge crowd gathered around him. Dude sounds like three people playing the same guitar. I can't tell you how many times I was late to class because of that guy.

My favorite blues song of all time.

• Like 1