Steroid's 4 door 620 !

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Steroid needs a forum of his own!:D between the old skool pics and the projects he's done it would fill quite a few threads.

seriously though, can we get some more pics? I'd love to see what the interior looks like, and I'm still trying to figure out how to make the rear doors (without a trip to mexico:D)out of stock ones so I can ditch the 'glass shell.

The open door shot of the blue pieces show a lot of it. Mark has the article/photos from Spence Low's fourdoors. That article says the fourdoors came stock with a bench front seat. Mine has buckets, but they ironically bolt right into the stock locations. I wonder about them. No way to find out, though. Mark, can You somehow post the article photos?? By the way, the dually rear fenders have been glassed and repaired today. I also trimmed the airdam so those parts will be delivered Monday.

Sorry about the resolution. Those photos are 8" X 12" enlargements made from 110 negatives. Most of You don't even know what a 110 camera was!!! The negatives are about the size of Your index fingernail. I am lucky that after all these years, these two photos look even anywhere as nice as they do!! I spent $8.00 each having a lab do the best that they could.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Little did I know that it might be ready for THIS YEARS Reso, if there was one!!! Yes, the dually has been at that shop almost a year. I just came from there, hence this post. Still quite a bit to do but it is mostly blocked now and fully primered. The tailgate is done too. All of the doors are off being carefully gone over. That is all that is left, basically. The Seattle weather wasn't too nice on the bottom of those doors. Especially both of the driver's side ones. More welding will have to be done to the rear door to get it clean enough to use. The driver door will be retired now. I hadn't seen inside a windwing door before and took a standard one with Me to the bodyshop. Folks, any 620 door can run windwings. I will photograph and show later the holes that are used for the dirrerent regulators. So it will get a nicer door now saving a lot of time and $$$. Maybe by Reso THIS year (Oh yeah, THAT won't work) the dually will finally come out of the shop. Photos in primer coming soon................... I hope!

• 2 weeks later...

Love the rig ,maybe when I return back to the PI that i will see if I can find one of those trucks, I know they have a bunch of mitsu trucks too, turbo diesel also

funny thing is I saw a old toyota dually conversion the other day at stockton PNP, looked to be a four door but was glassed over??

• 9 months later...

Well I guess that I should update this thread. It has been almost a year and there are new changes to the project. First off, I purchased Makya's fiberglass extended cab 620 recently. With that said, the fourdoor will now be restored to as close to stock as possable. The original frame is now on a "rotisserie" being totally gone over and detailed. It will be later in the year that the fourdoor cab is placed back as it was built. First, the shortened stock bed will be stripped and painted. That will not happen until sometime in July.

The fourdoor cab is almost exactly the same length as the fiberglass extended cab. So, the customized long bed that was built for the project will be welded on the rear of the fiberglass truck's frame. Next, the roof will be removed. This will now make an 18 foot long convertible roadster truck. I am hoping to have the two frames welded together in a month or so.

So actually, there will be now TWO unique trucks in My collection. A stock, restored fourdoor and a highly modified longbed dually roadster phantom. Stay tuned!!

• 2 years later...

I'm bumping this thread forward but I cannot find the oic of the fourdoor's VIN plate. It is in Spanish. Since this thread from the past, the fourdoor cab is resting seperately now from that longbed frame, which has been grafted onto My convertable dually project (which I happily drove yesterday in awesome Arizona weather!!). The fourdoor's origional frame has been restored and the cab will one day now go back as a restoration. Possibly some of You newer Ratsun guys have never known that fourdoors were ever built. They were never allowed into the US but this one was "stranded" in Washington State over 15 years ago. Somehow the guy I bought it from got it registered which saved Me an incredible hassle!!! It now looks as if it will be a retirement project. Maybe one day it will make JCCS!!!

Ya you have to make that your next project Mike, dont wait for it to be your retierment project. We all want to see it NOW..That is going too, and will blow the minds off of everyone at JCCS...Best Datsun Truck, competion over, give Mike the award..!!!

I heard about this truck, but didn't know you owned it though, funny how something like that isn't comman knowlege. If it wasn't a dually I think it would look strange, at least to me.

I personally think that this was the way to go, matching the bed sides to the cab, that should have been done at the factory, like the late 720 series boxes.

duallywelding.jpg

I am wondering what the rear bumper is off of, can't say I have ever seen that bumper, but I have not been looking either, I just re-read the thread, vega bumper, hmmmm. I would have to see the rear lights in person, I am not sure, I bought a aftermarket chevy luv stepside box for my 521 kingcab project, the taillights were in the fenders, but as mine is a stepside, I filled them and used 47-53 chevy truck taillights, I think they look good, but I am to close to the project. :lol:

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg