Project Datstang

Bory

Bory: Just wondering, what did you have to promise Blue Hands to get Mike to do the rapid prototyping for the 13 inch wildwood setup? Hypnosis? a pallet load of exotic tools?

I don't want to thread jack, but regarding that Wilwood setup and hubs....a few questions.

Would these hubs take the 12.19 rotors just fine? Was this a one-off or will we see more setups from BH someday?

Bory: I hope you bring this to JCCS. I would really like to look this over. If you cannot finish it, get MBT to hook you up with a double show slot and display the chassis with the body off next to the chassis! Really fine fab work and lots of nice detail. I bet this is one truck that won't have exhaust rattles...lol!

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was only going to do a smaller version that I had previously done for Dave Patten in Ohio?  But, then I found out that his rear discs were going to be bigger than the front and I didn't want my stuff looking stupidly small when compared to the rims and the rear discs.  Past that, it seemed he could pay.....which is a big consideration!! LOL!!  

There will be more, but I want to change it up a bit since this version requires a bit of clearance be done to the calipers.  I will probably try to use a wilwood hub too since these Toy hubs are getting really hard to find.  A second set of these was just finished yesterday. :)   That's it until I can change up the design.

Considering the rotors require a top hat/adapter, almost any rotor can be made to fit.  The last adapter I designed used a different bolt patter....8 on something.  This was 12 on something(8.25"?)  

I've got plans to do several other brake setups......it's just a matter of finding time to do them.  I'm pretty much out of brake kits and I need to do another ball joint setup....I'm way behind......always! LOL

• Like 2

Well BH's

Explained it way better than I would have wanted,

But I can tell you this, the guy works nights, and he must have a direct IV of the strongest stuff Starbucks puts out!

He is a hell of a hard worker, and we see eye to eye on how proud of his work he is, and what he puts his name on!

I'm very excited to say that not only am I one of the first ones to get a ballpoint set up, that by the way has been shelved for a while as I understand it, but also got all the bitchin stuff he made me, tie rod connector, tension control rods that adjust!

Not to mention those radicle brake parts. He was a real pleasure to work with and he always kept me updated on his progress !! I hope once he gets up to speed on his production, he really does well providing us with Top Notch

Engineering.

• Like 4

Bory: Just wondering, what did you have to promise Blue Hands to get Mike to do the rapid prototyping for the 13 inch wildwood setup? Hypnosis? a pallet load of exotic tools?

I don't want to thread jack, but regarding that Wilwood setup and hubs....a few questions.

Would these hubs take the 12.19 rotors just fine? Was this a one-off or will we see more setups from BH someday?

Bory: I hope you bring this to JCCS. I would really like to look this over. If you cannot finish it, get MBT to hook you up with a double show slot and display the chassis with the body off next to the chassis! Really fine fab work and lots of nice detail. I bet this is one truck that won't have exhaust rattles...lol!

• Like 1

My understanding was that TIG puts even more heat into the tack weld, but it's a lot softer and can be hammered on to stretch back out.  ???

Immediately after you let off the pedal stick your tungsten in the tack. The tungsten will draw the heat right out. Even leaves your tack a nice gold color instead of blue.  :thumbup:

• Like 3

Thanks guys!

It's been fun designing it up, got a bunch of work yet to be done. Gotta fit test a few other things steering column, and such, then it's breakdown of chassis and ready for paint on all components.

• Like 3

Des sir, it's the step that goes with the 67-72 c-10 fenders, it is supposed to fit under the fender but I chopped a bunch off it, and made it fit beside the fender

38143F94-4F35-41DA-B138-BB8E9615D0F0_zps

• Like 6

It's not too late to paint this suede green with the striping scheme you started off with, just "Bory" quality...;)

Like Kermit, I like green!

Bory: You have a nice eye for detail, and you have really done a nice job integrating that Chevy bed into this build.

• Like 3