(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

Dun did pick up a pair of (og) sansui sf 1s tonight

Old school unidirectional stuff eh. That old high end equipment sounds like pure heroine don't it. My older brother has a pair of 80s era Klipschorn speakers driven by two little Macintosh tube amps. 25wx2 for the mid and tweet, and 50wX2 for the sub. That shit will literally toss your ass across the room with high impact walls of sound. Might be "dated" technology, but that analog turntable stuff is seriously sick shit. Honestly I think something real is lost with digital recording and reproduction. Now if I could afford it, I'd have both, cuz I ain't give'n up my brain crusher 3000 surround system. Gotta keep a stack of diapers next to the recliner for that one.

I have a pair of the old JBL studio monitors in my shop, they sound pretty good.

Old school big speakers sound the best in my opinion. Damn these surround sound in a box or soundbars! I think Cerwin Vega is the only company that still makes big speakers.

I have four of these (Cerwin Vega 12's) for front and rear channels,

ve12f_lg.jpg

This (Cerwin Vega dual 6") for center,

ve5c_lg.jpg

All ran by this 700 watt Yamaha receiver amp. flat screen TV, First generation PlayStation 3, and DVD player ran through it as well.

htr-5960.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking busybody assholes!   So I just walked to the store to get some milk and mountain dew, and I took the dog with me.  It's 85, rather hot, she's panting of course.  So we walk down to the store which is about 6 blocks, not very far.  Tie her up, get my stuff, come out and untie her.  This old lady driving a shitbox Dodge carvan with different color fenders asks me if my dog wants some water.  To which I reply, no thanks, she has water at home.  And she adamantly says she needs water.  And I reply, I'm pretty sure I know what my dog needs, to which she says, "No you don't!" and I keep walking.  The only thing that kept me from bitching her out is because she was an old lady and I respect my elders.

Had she pushed the issue I would have been happy to explain she was going to get pepper-sprayed if she didn't leave me and the dog alone.  What is it about people who think every pet is dying and it's up to them to save them?  Dogs can't sweat, they pant!  It's hot out, dogs pant!  No fucking shit!  Got home, as I knew, the dog did two licks at the water dish and sat in front of the fan panting.  Just irritated the fuck out of me.  Whatever.  Going to go eat lunch now.  If I see that van again she's going to have a flat tire.

Had this same thing go on a while back, but in the cold. I had a a fucking Malamute and some busy body had to tell me my dog was COLD as I was standing outside with my dog next to me. I told her that if the earth went into fucking deep freeze tomorrow, this dog would be among the few things that lived and were fine with it.

Not to sound too harsh...but I don't respect old people anymore than I respect anyone. I used to, but I have met some old men that I really just wanted to punch in the fuckin mouth. Old or young, the way you act is what needs respect.

Maybe she needed the water.

Or pee.

• Like 1

Lol, yeah, I hear you there.  I usually like old people, but some are just regular assholes like everyone else.  I always remember my gramma though, she was fucking cool as anything.  Wish she was still alive, but she'd probably be loosing her marbles if she was.  Would have been 90 or so.

Not to sound too harsh...but I don't respect old people anymore than I respect anyone. I used to, but I have met some old men that I really just wanted to punch in the fuckin mouth. Old or young, the way you act is what needs respect.

I'd expect punching an old person in the face would be excessively crunchy. Dentures and shit. I'll pass on that.

I give elders respect by default. It's theirs to lose. Younger folks need to earn it.

Dogs don't need water or warm. Stupid people. Caring and shit.

Okay, now for the real question. Do you carry pepper spray when you go on walks with your dog? Or is it just part of your rape whistle, so it's default?

Jk.

See, actually I normally carry the .45, but I prefer to conceal it, and in the heat of the day, that doesn't work too well.  Plus, I've been giving some thought to carrying only pepper spray as there aren't any repercussions if you use it, and 9/10 times I'm not going to need to shoot anyone to get them to back off.  At night, .45 all the way.  During the day, not so much.

See, actually I normally carry the .45, but I prefer to conceal it, and in the heat of the day, that doesn't work too well. Plus, I've been giving some thought to carrying only pepper spray as there aren't any repercussions if you use it, and 9/10 times I'm not going to need to shoot anyone to get them to back off. At night, .45 all the way. During the day, not so much.

Holy shit I live in a bubble. My idea of protected is an 18" piece of 500MCM copper wire in my truck. I have a gun, but never on the street. Fuckin gangsta up in this bitch.

• Like 2

Or pee.

I'm the same way, I respect SOME elders.

Most were too old for Vietnam to young for ww2 and just right for every bullshit benefit Prop 13 had to offer. American youth of today have it way worse.

• Like 1

Holy shit I live in a bubble. My idea of protected is an 18" piece of 500MCM copper wire in my truck. I have a gun, but never on the street. Fuckin gangsta up in this bitch.

Even that's a bit fancy really.

I'm just not paranoid and scared. I own a couple of guns, they stay at home where they belong. I lived in the ghetto (and I am white) until I was 15, didn't carry a gun then, sure as hell don't think I need one now! And I still go to the ghetto a lot. Why shouldn't I? I come from there. There is a lot of good food downtown Raleigh and Durham. And I didn't say the pretty yuppie area, I said the hood. The seafood market is there, best butcher shop around is there, best hot dogs, best barbeque, soul food, etc. Then again I don't go there at 1am, either, there is a difference between brave and just plain stupid! Truthfully, I am more scared by the idea of a paranoid short tempered moron who thinks they need to carry a gun everywhere than I am anyone in the hood. They are more dangerous than any criminal. I don't have to worry about a ghetto thug shooting at me at a damn stoplight because they don't like my driving or because I bumped into them walking down the sidewalk and said "pardon me."

• Like 4