Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toyota's are a pain in the ass to work on. 

All current cars are filled with "computers chips and sensors."

They are much more complex than my 510 for sure.  The LS460 has 54 computers on the network.  It actually makes it pretty easy to diagnose when you understand how the systems work.  The biggest challenges seem to come from the body shops.  After they get hold of a car, the design is out the window.  Nothing can be taken for granted.    

They are much more complex than my 510 for sure.  The LS460 has 54 computers on the network.  It actually makes it pretty easy to diagnose when you understand how the systems work.  The biggest challenges seem to come from the body shops.  After they get hold of a car, the design is out the window.  Nothing can be taken for granted.    

What makes that even worse-Toyota's design/system is so fucking retardly over-complicated. Overengineered with zero benefit. 

I don't know about other brands but I will say that Nissan was so much easier. 

Compared to the euro cars we see traded in, we have it pretty darn good from an engineering standpoint.

Just wait. The new mpg based improvements are coming soon. We are going to see a 4 cylinder turbo instead of the NA v6. The new diagnostics are pretty insane too. Going to an ISO based code list instead of SAE. Lots more diagnostic codes for more specific info.

My mercedes vans at work are always giving me trouble. And it seems no one over here knows shit about em. Each damn injector is chipped and you can't even swap one with its neighbor to diagnose a problem. 5 cyl turbo diesel. But island life, can't complain too much.

For reference, our certified mercedes dealer doesn't have the equipment to run a compression test. I just said wow.

• Like 1