Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dad would camp here for a week at a time with his brothers. He would only see other people on the weekend, and only then if the weather was good. Fast forward 50 years, they are closing the bay to try to keep it from completely dying. Sad. Tour busses are the devil.

3000 people per day on average...

I grew up here.... I can't believe what they've done to that place. All those people... every day... no respect for the natural wildlife

He beat the boss that day too. The King only completed 7 laps, dropping out with a blown engine.

As a full-size diesel truck owner, I hate that shit. Stacks are stupid and so are high negative offset wheels.

I've had too many people ask me when I'm doing shit like this to my Duramax.

"I use it to tow a 40 foot gooseneck flatbed trailer, not troll parking lots for chicks with low self-esteem issues."  is my usual response.

Compensation for deficiency somewhere else. All that black smoke is wasted fuel.

Bought a Ram 3500 spankin' new in 01. Still has the bone stock 24 valve ISB. NVG 6 speed manual, 6 wheel drive. Has 135,000 miles on it, so far. Never refused when I asked it to work.

Heading for Thunderhill. Truck, camper, trailer, race car, spares, supplies, etc. grossed out at 21,500lbs. Got 16 to 18 mpg in the mountains of Oregon and California. Passed all the real trucks on the grades.

GoinRacin003_0.jpg

Took it off road in Utah, in February one year.

6WheelinInUtah.jpg

The day I got it home.

NewRam012_13A.jpg

The only difference between then and today is 16 years of patina. I'll never need another pickup.

• Like 8

Compensation for deficiency somewhere else. All that black smoke is wasted fuel.

Bought a Ram 3500 spankin' new in 01. Still has the bone stock 24 valve ISB. NVG 6 speed manual, 6 wheel drive. Has 135,000 miles on it, so far. Never refused when I asked it to work.

Finally, some one who knows that "rolling coal" is just proof that your "tuned" truck is tuned like shit.

I would suggest at least an intake and exhaust on your Dodge, I know it makes a difference in performance and economy.

• Like 3

Finally, some one who knows that "rolling coal" is just proof that your "tuned" truck is tuned like shit.

Thanks.

Mechanically injected diesels will give up some black smoke when the aneroid is sluggish or not adjusted correctly. They were always requiring adjustment. But when tuned and maintained well they worked pretty well.

I would suggest at least an intake and exhaust on your Dodge, I know it makes a difference in performance and economy.

I have wanted to add an exhaust brake ever since I got the truck. I also have lusted after a two speed overdrive between the tranny and transfer case.

But there have been other priorities.

• Like 2

I have wanted to add an exhaust brake ever since I got the truck. I also have lusted after a two speed overdrive between the tranny and transfer case.

But there have been other priorities.

That would be badass. Ive been daydreaming of a truck for my self to start doing road service. an engine brake and double overdrive is definitely on the list . But im thinking a used u-haul truck is going to be more realistic for a start. Really wanted to use my grandfather's first service truck a 78 dodge and put a 12v Cummins but its been sitting for over 10 years, the box has rust and I dont need another project at the moment
  • Like 1

Depending on boost pressures, if high it could be set that way for cooling purposes. Not that it is truly needed on a true street rig though.

True, but dumping fuel in it isnt the right fix, water methenal injection is the best way to lower egt's and increase power.

• Like 3

True, but dumping fuel in it isnt the right fix, water methenal injection is the best way to lower egt's and increase power.

Even better.

But for daily driven pickups that are expected to actually work, all the hot rod go fast crap is extra expense that only shortens the life of the engine. The ISB as installed is more than adequate for most applications, but the power potential is grossly under tapped. A few minor improvements to open up the flow of fuel and air into and out or the engine should be all that is ever needed to get the most out of one.

And for what I paid for the thing I want it to last the rest of my days. A reasonable expectation, to be sure.

• Like 1

I miss my 99 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, that truck was a beast, I love that V10!

V10.

Pass most everything but a gas station.

Like my old Chevy 3500 dually with a 454. Power to spare. But even with twin 30 gallon fuel tanks it still didn't get very far before it was time for a drink. I know, gas mileage isn't everything, but a guy shouldn't need to take out a second mortgage just to fill up and drive across town.

• Like 2

V10.

Pass most everything but a gas station.

Like my old Chevy 3500 dually with a 454. Power to spare. But even with twin 30 gallon fuel tanks it still didn't get very far before it was time for a drink. I know, gas mileage isn't everything, but a guy shouldn't need to take out a second mortgage just to fill up and drive across town.

That rig got 4mpg. Empty. Loaded. Driven hard or easy. It gulped gas like a cum slurping whore.

• Like 1

Even better.

But for daily driven pickups that are expected to actually work, all the hot rod go fast crap is extra expense that only shortens the life of the engine. The ISB as installed is more than adequate for most applications, but the power potential is grossly under tapped. A few minor improvements to open up the flow of fuel and air into and out or the engine should be all that is ever needed to get the most out of one.

And for what I paid for the thing I want it to last the rest of my days. A reasonable expectation, to be sure.

The water meth injection is actually a really good upgrade to do, more power, more mpg and it burns cleaner so you have better emissions. If I was to install it it would be for the gain in economy and the cleaner burn, more power is just a bonus.

• Like 3

I just saw that a lady down the ally from us bought a nearly new

Ford 4wd.Before that,she'd drive a 1ton,crew cab,4WD diesel.She used to to

haul her two kids to school & back,& to go shopping in.I never saw her haul

anything a station wagon wouldn't.They also have an extended cab 4WD Mazda-

B4000,that sits most of the time.

Then we have people just down the street - they have a regular cab

4WD Dodge 1500,that they use to haul stuff,but went an bought a Dodge MEGA CAB,

crew cab 4WD,& a Chevy crew cab 4WD.They use those to haul kids to school,& do shopping also.

It drives me crazy,about the total waste of money,when people buy

these,when a smaller vehicle would work so much better. 

• Like 2

I agree.

Although I drive the Ram once or twice a month so it doesn't sit, I use my Subie wagon to beat back and forth to work, run to the store, whatever. Much more economical for daily driving.

And it will carry 4 grown ups or two adults and 3 kids, so there isn't any reason for a Land Yacht just to ferry the kidlets and grab some grub.