Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

Good work man, keep it up! I'm about 6 months in by choice, cuz feeling like an old man at 27 was getting really old. Now I actually sleep through the night, I'm no longer having aches in my joints, and my wallet is able to lend more help towards permanently good times like instruments and parts for the 620. It was a bit of an adjustment as my job puts me in bars all the time, but now I feel like I can never go back. You'll get there, too!

I lost regular status at my favourite establishment (geek/gaming bar in everett) because I had to stop going into bars fir a year or so. I had to quit to get custody of my daughter, when I was told that and decided it was time I haven't looked back. I can drink but at this point it's kinds "let's see how long I can go" at this point. Congratulations on 6 months, I wish i could say it gets easier and that the cravings go away but honestly mine haven't yet. But I will suggest you get a good support structure around you if you want to keep it up, it's worth it.
  • Like 2
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I lost regular status at my favourite establishment (geek/gaming bar in everett) because I had to stop going into bars fir a year or so. I had to quit to get custody of my daughter, when I was told that and decided it was time I haven't looked back. I can drink but at this point it's kinds "let's see how long I can go" at this point. Congratulations on 6 months, I wish i could say it gets easier and that the cravings go away but honestly mine haven't yet. But I will suggest you get a good support structure around you if you want to keep it up, it's worth it.

Dang man, I'm sorry to hear that. Your character is shining through, though. There's a lot of people who wouldn't have been able to help themselves in your same position. It's not a craving thing at all for me. I just stopped having fun when drinking so it seemed pointless. Starting to smoke small amounts of weed again and has helped tremendously in all regards.

when Cora and i went to see jen and brody and drop off a 520 we ate there .. its a odd place ... i forgot the name but it was packed ... 

Dang man, I'm sorry to hear that. Your character is shining through, though. There's a lot of people who wouldn't have been able to help themselves in your same position. It's not a craving thing at all for me. I just stopped having fun when drinking so it seemed pointless. Starting to smoke small amounts of weed again and has helped tremendously in all regards.

I smoke, not supposed to but i do. Helps in the bad pain Dat's and when I get a little too stressed out or have anxiety. I've discovered that alcohol was masking a lot of symptoms I was ignoring and honestly, I'll do anything for my daughter so quitting for her was a cinch