Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is that an exploded coil pack and coinciding spark plug? How the hell long were they driving that thing like that?

2 months........

It amazing that the plug even came out!

Unless... it typical toyota fashion it ejected it. lol

Plug was held in by the coil pack.........no threads in the head.......

Don't know if we're gonna know what happened......owner has to authorize tear down

2 months........

Plug was held in by the coil pack.........no threads in the head.......

Don't know if we're gonna know what happened......owner has to authorize tear down

tell owner to buy a new motor, and then sell the car so someone else can take care of it properly since they seem to be unable to. also, suggest bus passes in lieu of vehicle. or a pedal bike and walking

some peoples children don't know how to respect what they own. owner appears to be one of them

tell owner to buy a new motor, and then sell the car so someone else can take care of it properly since they seem to be unable to. also, suggest bus passes in lieu of vehicle. or a pedal bike and walking

some peoples children don't know how to respect what they own. owner appears to be one of them

Step back. What if it was a hack mechanic that butchered the work?

As a mechanic, I can say with certainty that we never get the whole story.

Hell, we barely ever get half the story.

My job would be a million times easier if we would get just half the story, half the time.

What was shown doesn't just happen. Complaint, cause, correction. That can't be blamed on the owner unless it is the owner who cross threaded the plug-again, whole story withheld.

• Like 2

Step back. What if it was a hack mechanic that butchered the work?

As a mechanic, I can say with certainty that we never get the whole story.

Hell, we barely ever get half the story.

My job would be a million times easier if we would get just half the story, half the time.

driving two months with the noise it would've been making is a bit excessive. i had a spark plug unthread itself on a bike, bike became parked until spark plug issue was properly diagnosed and at tuneup (was needed anyways) they stripped it out. bike became parked, and i started working on it. had a shop healy coil the threads, threw it all back together, didn't like the sound after it got back together and i test rode, bike reparked and waited for a motor swap. yes i'm a bit extreme but as soon as any of my vehicles start acting up i get it figured out or park it until i can. there is absolutely no reason to drive for 2 months after it starts making a funny noise like it would for a spark plug being all screwed up like that.

but you're right, maybe i should just stop driving instead, that way i don't have to worry about other people not maintaining their vehicles properly causing safety hazards left and right. 

People with new cars are stupid.

Cars are not a passion for most people.

It's just a mode of transportation.

Does it start? Does it move? Does it stop?

Works for most. Keep playing until one of the answers become 'no'.

There are a lot of things with new cars that even passionate car people cannot deal with, when you pop the hood and can't even identify the basic components its all hidden hard to get at and full of lectronics. I also read that there are BMWs that don't even have dipsticks, to check the oil you need to drain and measure the volume of the oil.