Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes in theory. If you are making $15 / hour and you took the time off to pick it up you lost about twice that much. Four times in your case as you have to bend over further. Throw in a donation jar.... that's the only use for it. Someone else can waste the time adding it to other pennies.

that supposes that your pay stops while you are picking the penny up. If you are on the clock and you pick up one penny you made $15.01 for that hour. If you are off the clock and you pick up one penny you made $.01 for that hour. Either way you made $.01 more than you would have regularly.

A penny found, AND SAVED, is a penny earned.

Rub it in that your Canadian pennies are worth more than ours.

With all respect to Ben Franklin this was true in theory and practice 250 years ago but only in theory today.  A dollar in 1776 is worth at least $29 today so a penny today then is worth about 1/30th of a penny 250 years ago. Yeah, this is not blowing up my skirt.

Bullshit, its one more cent than you had before, its worth picking up

A penny found, AND SAVED, is a penny earned.

Rub it in that your Canadian pennies are worth more than ours.

that supposes that your pay stops while you are picking the penny up. If you are on the clock and you pick up one penny you made $15.01 for that hour. If you are off the clock and you pick up one penny you made $.01 for that hour. Either way you made $.01 more than you would have regularly.

either way, i'm a penny richer than i was before bending over and picking up the penny and one day that penny will come in handy. like it did when i went to the oakley store looking for glasses for my brother and walked out with two pairs for myself. oh and at the parts house where i got fuel filler hose for both my 620s

Yes in theory. If you are making $15 / hour and you took the time off to pick it up you lost about twice that much. Four times in your case as you have to bend over further. Throw in a donation jar.... that's the only use for it. Someone else can waste the time adding it to other pennies.

if i made $15/hr i wouldn't be attempting to buy a house. i had issues enough keeping my family fed while paying rent when i made that much. i'll keep my pennies and any you don't feel like picking up that i find

makes me think of this time i went to the theatre to watch a movie with a couple friends. we were walking to the actual theatre from the popcorn vendor and while talking i stopped and looked down and said "penny" because there was one at my feet and my hands were full. one of my friends stopped with me with a confused look on her face "what?"

"penny"

"ok?" starts walking off

"PENNY"

"what you want me to pick it up for you?"

"yes penny"

needless to say i gained back part of the $15 that i spent to go to watch a movie

JFC! it's a penny.... not $10. YES you are one cent richer, whoopei dooo. It's meaningless unless you have one thousand other people picking one up. Then you could all get together and have a whole $10.  Now we're talking mad money!

I use nickels, I only have one fifth the time you do

I actually did this once (no bullshit). It was a 315 dollar ticket. They were frantically making up rules as to why I could not pay in pennies. Waaaaaaaay more trouble than it was worth, but they did take them.......eventually.

Here in Canada we round off down to the next nickle. If something's $1.04 it costs $1.00. The time saved going to the bank for rolls of pennies, and handing them out is avoided. No one wants them anyway and they end up in the penny jars on the counter. Charity doesn't want them... some volunteer spends a hour counting and rolling 1,000 pennies to take to the bank.

Here in Canada we round off down to the next nickle. If something's $1.04 it costs $1.00. The time saved going to the bank for rolls of pennies, and handing them out is avoided. No one wants them anyway and they end up in the penny jars on the counter. Charity doesn't want them... some volunteer spends a hour counting and rolling 1,000 pennies to take to the bank.

The cost of making them was more then they are/were worth is the reason we ended up without ass pennies here in Canerda

And now what is the new slogan,A penny saved is a penny earned,doesnt apply

or, every penny counts.And you know that girl Janeece,who made Millions with her penny drives.