Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im gone hunting one day and this thread goes to hell.

Killed a 4 point opening day with my 28yo bear flare 2 compound bow. But first let me take a selfie.

20140914_073401_zps35bbbba1.jpg

And here's the buck. Bad genetics, had to go. I had to smother the poor bastard, knocked a lung but a 1/2 hour later he was still breathing.20140913_091700_zpsc3c65440.jpg

• Like 2

That's harsh. When it's time I hope I get the pillow sooner.

Don't hope for the pillow sooner, hope for a better shot. The last 3 bucks I shot went less than 20 yards and were dead within 2 minutes. I switched broadheads this season, and thought they would shoot the same as they were the same weight as my old set. Because I didn't take the time to take a few more practice shots, my placement was off. Instead of hitting heart and lung, I broke his back and knicked a lung. He wasn't even able to run to an area and have some kind of peace when he died, instead he layed in fear, unable to run until I cam over and turned off the lights. At least he didn't struggle much, but I felt his spirit leave when he left. He stared right into my eyes, with a look of understanding while I did it. Heavy shit.

On the plus side, I think he knew he would be tasty with taters and cornbread. Ill find out later tonight.

Too loud and messy, you seem more like the up close and person guy to me. Suppressed subsonic, small caliber..... that's ho I would do it.....

That's a bit of a yes and no. 22 mag is one of my favorites. But...I was a scout sniper for most of my life, so, it does not really NEED to be too close. And, yeah, I'm actually not that big of a fan of the Barrett, well, unless I wanted to take down a chopper or something.

• Like 2